Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I wanna go!

Perfect reason to go to Tate Modern

Comments

• thats a bit like that massive thing they had in the dome. it was a big play area for adults where you shot people with sponge balls and that had big slides in it. it was great. we were in there so long we only got round half of the dome. still think its a shame it shut. the media's fault, as it was a great place a massive museum that was ridiculed from the beginning by the press so never got a chance.
  • I quite liked it in there too Suze - but maybe that was because I got in for free as I lived in LB Greenwich at the time.

You're right, as a museum-type of thing it was pretty good. The problem was that it was sold as a theme park-type of experience - and I mean "sold" literally - and it certainly wasn't that. Can you imagine taking a couple of kids there, paying around £60-£80 for the privilege, then finding that all of the "good stuff" was being hogged by Suzi Chopsticks and her clan?!
    :o)
  • edited October 2006
    lol

i went with my mum, dad, ex b/f and brother and his ex g/f. about a week after xmas so pretty much before all the hype. i think they paid, so obviously that was a bonus, i dunno how much it cost. it was educational, even for kids, it was something for everyone. sometimes i find museums are sometimes focussed more on being for kids, and from a "soft" point of view rather than a "this is how it is" point of view, ie, that piece about smoking and the lung being all damaged, it was pretty grim and perhaps not really for kids. it was interactive too, more so than most museums i've been to in the centre of london, although i believe this is changing. i think the whole place was perhaps marketed in the wrong way, but really don't believe some people gave it a chance.

i mean,how many people do you know that a> never went b> went and hated it and c> went and thought it was pretty good

i know mostly a's, but the rest are c's. i haven't met a person that went and thought it was crap.
  • The show was worth 20 quid on it's own.
  • The show was good - from what I remember. But it did have that "opening ceremony" type of feel to it - i.e. people doing stuff and flying about everywhere for no apparent reason. Not sure I would've paid £20 to go and see it on it's own to be honest.

I think Suzy's right. Despite living in south east london I know only a handful of people that actually went - but none of them thought it was "crap". Overpriced and missold maybe, but not crap.