Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CAFC Match Ticket Offers

13»

Comments

• I note that ticket office was closed yesterday for a 'staff event'. Probably holding their Christmas party while they're still needed.
  • I live in SE7, they've had my details on a database for 16 years... and they want photo ID? Sod that.
  • Shouldn't there be another comma after neighbours in the paragraph too?
    We are delighted to offer you, our neighbours, the opportunity...
    I'm sure I learnt that in primary school, "the comma sandwich" I think it was called.
  • The programme is littered with errors in almost every issue.

One that grates with me is the photos of previous games. For aways it will read Charlton 0 Hull 6, leading people to believe we were the home team.

They went through a phase of showing pictures of opposition goals as well.
    Yeah?
    Well not every oppo goal. But there were in a few programmes I seem to recall.
    Tbf there were not many going in from us.

Only so many goal line clearances they could produce......
  • edited July 2016

So.... Back to my question

Can you just buy one at a tenner?
    Or you need to buy 4?

Wording is unclear

Looks to me like you need to buy tickets for each game
    WSS said:

16th August is a Tuesday isn't it? Not a Saturday?

Do they mean the SATURDAY 13th against Northampton? Or TUESDAY the 16th against Shrewsbury?

You'd have thought they'd realise their mistake when a couple of sentences later they say Friday 12th August. If Friday is the 12th, it's pretty obvious the saturday isn't the 16th.
  • Looks like this is an effort to entice the "young, trendy, cosmopolitan" locals from SE7 into the Valley for a game.

Lol, love it.
  • Looks like this is an effort to entice the "young, trendy, cosmopolitan" locals from SE7 into the Valley for a game.

Lol, love it.

They did something similar about 18 months ago.
  • Anyone got a link to this, or is it in an email (I unsubscribed!)?
  • So.... This offer needs 4 tickets to be bought for 40 pounds in total? Is that correct?

Can anybody please confirm?
  • So.... This offer needs 4 tickets to be bought for 40 pounds in total? Is that correct?

Can anybody please confirm?

No, each season ticket holder can buy up to two tickets for each game for a tenner each. If you want you can buy just one for Northampton, or two for Northampton and one for Shrewsbury or just two for Shrewsbury but it is a maximum of two for each game per season ticket holder.

• Sponsored links:

• Has anybody had any joy with the offer?

Tried buying a £10 ticket for Northampton but right the way through to the payment screen it still wanted £20 payment despite having logged into my account as requested.
  • edited August 2016

Has anybody had any joy with the offer?

Tried buying a £10 ticket for Northampton but right the way through to the payment screen it still wanted £20 payment despite having logged into my account as requested.

You'll need to select the season ticket offer first, which is available in all blocks, and yourself as the user of the seat. It won't allow you to nominate a third-party to use it because that person isn't a season-ticket holder, even though they wouldn't need the ticket if they were!

This also means the club isn't getting any data, even though that's supposedly its priority.

You'll need to select the season ticket offer first, which is available in all blocks, and yourself as the user of the seat. It won't allow you to nominate a third-party to use it because that person isn't a season-ticket holder, even though they wouldn't need the ticket if they were!

This also means the club isn't getting any data, even though that's supposedly its priority.
    I genuinely don't see any offers on my account or anything which gives me the option to pay £10 unless I want to buy a student ticket. I don't doubt the process you have stated but I doubt my ability to find it on this useless ticket site tucked away somewhere I probably haven't even looked at.
  • But hey.... If you wanna just make a call and buy it nice and simple, that'll cost extra!

Joke system
  • edited August 2016

I genuinely don't see any offers on my account or anything which gives me the option to pay £10 unless I want to buy a student ticket. I don't doubt the process you have stated but I doubt my ability to find it on this useless ticket site tucked away somewhere I probably haven't even looked at.
    It should be top left in the list of blocks to choose from after you select the match you want to buy - if it's not it presumably means it hasn't recognised you as a ST holder. That might be the case if you have multiple accounts.
  • @MartinCAFC are you using a left-handed mouse??? If so, it's not compatible.

It should be top left in the list of blocks to choose from after you select the match you want to buy - if it's not it presumably means it hasn't recognised you as a ST holder. That might be the case if you have multiple accounts.
    Good luck if multiple accounts is the issue. I tried all last season to get the club to associate my ST account with my account I used to buy extra tickets...still waiting for it to be sorted!
  • Still cheaper to buy a kids ticket than a £10 though, right?

Sounds like this is the issue especially as it doesn't let me renew my ST online either. No idea how this could occur either as until the Bury game I'd never used the website to buy a ticket before.

Said it before but I can't believe how difficult the club make it to take your money.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2016

Sounds like this is the issue especially as it doesn't let me renew my ST online either. No idea how this could occur either as until the Bury game I'd never used the website to buy a ticket before.

Said it before but I can't believe how difficult the club make it to take your money.
    If you as a Target 20k man are getting grief getting individual tickets on line mate, what chance have the rest of us got :wink:.
  • What a terrible mess.
  • Terrible mess is standard operating procedure with Katrien Meire & Tony Cahones at the helm.
  • WSS said:

16th August is a Tuesday isn't it? Not a Saturday?

Do they mean the SATURDAY 13th against Northampton? Or TUESDAY the 16th against Shrewsbury?

There's no end to it, is there? It's driving "licence", by the way.
    They've ended a sentence with a preposition too. Unbelievable!
  • The ‘bring a friend for a tenner’ offer is only available online and season ticket holders can purchase one £10 ticket each, with additional tickets being priced at the club’s normal prices. £10 tickets can be purchased anywhere inside The Valley.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5bd08d0522650/bring-a-friend-to-bristol-rovers-clash-for-a-tenner
  • clive said:

The ‘bring a friend for a tenner’ offer is only available online and season ticket holders can purchase one £10 ticket each, with additional tickets being priced at the club’s normal prices. £10 tickets can be purchased anywhere inside The Valley.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5bd08d0522650/bring-a-friend-to-bristol-rovers-clash-for-a-tenner

Hmmmm.

So, you have to get inside The Valley before you can purchase a ticket for a tenner ?

Might be a flaw in that policy, methinks.
  • clive said:

The ‘bring a friend for a tenner’ offer is only available online and season ticket holders can purchase one £10 ticket each, with additional tickets being priced at the club’s normal prices. £10 tickets can be purchased anywhere inside The Valley.

Hmmmm.

So, you have to get inside The Valley before you can purchase a ticket for a tenner ?

Fanny, is that a joke or a whoosh ?
  • I don’t think offering a £10 bribe to bring a friend would be enough to get any of mine down to The Valley , they’ve got to up the ante
  • clive said:

Hmmmm.

Fanny, is that a joke or a whoosh ?
    Really don't know what you'd call it but just read the way it's worded.

Surely it should read " Tickets can be purchased for seating anywhere inside The Valley" ?