Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dillon Phillips - Gary Johnson comments

Comments

• "When asked about re-signing Phillips, Johnson said: "We have two hopes, Bob Hope and no hope."

I hope that players like Thomas and even KAG are offered to Cheltenham as I think they would do well under a good coach.
  • So that's our number one goalkeeper then.
  • I liked the 'I am gutted for Dills as he really was keen to come back. But at the moment Charlton are all over the place with their goalies'
  • So that's our number one goalkeeper then.

where does it say that?
  • Well if he ends up No1 or No2 for us he should get a fair bit of game time. Perhaps including starting at Cheltenham in the cup 2 weeks today.
  • I feel sorry for Johnson...

Hoping to not have to sign a goalkeeper himself. Wanted someone to loan him one of theirs. It's a tough life in Cheltenham...
  • It seems like it is too late for Dillon now. I am gutted for Dills as he really was keen to come back. But at the moment Charlton are all over the place with their goalies.

Even other clubs know what a mess we are!!
  • Good news if Cheltenham look elsewhere - we need two goalies and Dillon played National League last year. Mitov has zero first team experience and is the guy who needs a loan.

If we get Moore or someone else in, I wouldn't put it past Meire to pack Dillon off on the next train to Cheltenham if we can save a few hundred quid a week on wages.
  • I am gutted for Dills as he was really keen to come back.

Gutted for the lad.

Building a better tomorrow at Charlton, why be gutted for him?

Am I missing something :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Thought he looked quite solid against Orient.

• This thread just reminded me of this awkward moment
  • The awkward moment when you mixed two things up in a tweet?
  • I'd be happy with Phillips as No1 for Charlton. Whilst we do need experienced players with quality now to take us up again, young quality players can be included in that. Look at Solly in 2011/12.