Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

So new away kit, its our purple 'third' kit from last year..

But with new sponsors... so if anyone actually bought it, its out of date
Has any club ever done this before?? away to third is common but this is just weird no?

Comments

• But with new sponsors... so if anyone actually bought it, its out of date
    Has any club ever done this before?? away to third is common but this is just weird no?

Yeah our baby blue Macron away kit became our third kit 4-5 years ago. Other sides used to do it a lot more before it became au fait to release three new kits every year.

Personally I like it. Really like the purple look, and I have one and won't be tempted to buy a new one just to get some no name betting sponsor on the front. Hope that more clubs start doing it to ensure shirts aren't wasted, ans also to reduce costs for those who like to buy shirts.

I actually thought we'd do this with the white away strip from last year and turn it into our third strip.
  • they had to cut the costs somewhere after they have spent so much on players "Good luck in your new job" cards.

• This is huge news for me. I'm only going to away games until Roland has either sold up or pegged out.
  • I liked the purple kit the most last season, and I've seen it around a bit too. It could be that from a commercial point of view, renewing something that's successful and has sold well makes sense; if only they tried that with the football though.

I can't see many people thinking "I've gotta buy the same shirt again, can't be walking around with the old sponsor on."... kids though? Perhaps.
  • There is also another away kit planned for this season
  • I heard nike insist on clubs having three kits
  • I heard nike insist on clubs having three kits

Not true. Just Sport have been providing kits for Southend for years and the merch in their shop is identical to ours, but they've not had a third kit for years
  • They'll only sell the purple to people who didn't buy it last year. Two new kits rather than three is a good thing. Says a lot that whereas a kit used to have a 2 year cycle, we are now pleased when a club doesn't launch 3 shirts every year
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2016
    SDAddick said:

Yeah our baby blue Macron away kit became our third kit 4-5 years ago.
    I loved that shirt if anyone has a spare in Small.

Add to the collection.
  • Home kit: Red
    Away kit: Purple

Wouldn't make sense for the Third kit to be white, as that should be our away kit colour and they would've kept the purple kit as third. Wouldn't make sense to have it black as that's too close to purple, same with a blue, surely?

So the only other colour I can think of that makes sense for us to be able to play against a team in red.. Would be a yellow third kit?
  • Sage said:

Home kit: Red

So the only other colour I can think of that makes sense for us to be able to play against a team in red.. Would be a yellow third kit?

Or Tropical, as they went to great lengths to say last time!
  • I didn't even know we had a purple kit last year! Shows how many away games I went to....
  • Wheres this been stated? Only seen that the new third kit will be worn tomorrow?
  • edited July 2016
    Splodge said:

I heard nike insist on clubs having three kits

Not true. Just Sport have been providing kits for Southend for years and the merch in their shop is identical to ours, but they've not had a third kit for years
    Yeah but did Katrien Meire negotiate their contract?
  • I didn't even know we had a purple kit last year! Shows how many away games I went to....

You mean you don't remember Boro away? The debut of Karel Fraeye? :-(
  • Oh for the days when it was a change kit and only needed for the away games when the opponents played in red. Life was simple then.
  • The away kit is going to be black and white isn't it?
  • Sponsored links:

Black and blue

It's quite obviously purple, as the entire thread indicates

3rd kit....

3rd kit....

It's gotta be white, otherwise what's the point of having purple, red, and black? It must be a lighter color. Would love it if they brought back an outlandish tropical-esque color.
  • edited July 2016

Splodge said:

The original contract goes back to 2012, well before Meire, and it was a condition that the club has three kits each season, I believe - certainly annual changes.

I have no view on the purple kit issue but it suggests they didn't sell many last year, if anything. I'm not sure many would buy it again to reflect the change of sponsor and any stock would be outdated - unless sold cut-price with UoG branding, which is unlikely to please Betdaq.
  • Splodge said:

The original contract goes back to 2012, well before Meire, and it was a condition that the club has three kits each season, I believe - certainly annual changes.

I have no view on the purple kit issue but it suggests they didn't sell many last year, if anything. I'm not sure many would buy it again to reflect the change of sponsor and any stock would be outdated - unless sold cut-price with UoG branding, which is unlikely to please Betdaq.
    Hasn't it been renewed since then though?
  • SDAddick said:

The away kit is going to be black and white isn't it?

3rd kit....

It's gotta be white, otherwise what's the point of having purple, red, and black? It must be a lighter color. Would love it if they brought back an outlandish tropical-esque color.
    I think it'll be yellow, otherwise we'd just be using the same kit colours as last year but swapping the purple and white around. Logic says it's the home kit in yellow and black, but I know a couple of people who think it's blue and black stripes
  • My son has his 'old' purple shirt on today
  • How many teams play in red and purple stripes?
  • Ross said:

How many teams play in red and purple stripes?

Red or purple would clash with Northampton. Who, incidentally have the same home kit design as Charlton from Kits R Us.