Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lookman and his significance.

First and foremost Lookman ought to be regarded as a young developing player with talent and further promise, who deserves to be supported and nurtured and managed with skill and sensitivity.
He is not a mere commodity. I wish him well, and especially to be free of injury.

I think there are a number of ways this will pan out.

He might well be sold, which brings us to how much for and what happens with the money. It is imaginable that with the sales so far, all the Lookman money will be released for Russell Slade to use.

It is equally imaginable and more likely to happen that a poor deal is done with Lookman and the money disappears into Roland's black hole.

It is also imaginable that Lookman, most especially given his age is kept on as a significant member of our first team squad. This might be the ultimate effort to placate supporters and deliver some hope for the season. This is a genuine possibility.

Lookman might be sold and loaned back, which would be rather unsatisfactory especially towards other hopeful squad members, but would represent some kind of insurance that the money is banked (in Roland's black hole).

Lookman might be loaned out to a club at a higher level to continue his football development, and we get his wages paid and a substantial loan fee.

I expect the message sent out with what happens with Lookman might be the next most significant thing to happen. Someone said the transfer window closes in about six weeks. I am interested to see where we are with Ademola at that stage.

Comments

• Options
    He'll be long gone.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    What do you think ever comes out of Rolands Black Hole?

edit: probs deserves a thread of it's own
  • Options
    I firmly expect him to be sold in the coming weeks for a moderate fee.
  • Options
    You would think he will go.
  • Options
    I suppose I am trying to say that the eventual outcome for Lookman will further inform us about the approach to Charlton Athletic by this regime.
  • Options

So in summary, Lookman might be sold, sold and loaned back, loaned or kept.

I agree.

He could decide to stop playing.
  • Options
    Every top flight club with a half decent scout will know about him. Every top flight club will know we have a completely useless CEO who can't negotiate a proper price for this club.

Fully expect he'll be gone in the next few weeks for about 1.5m of which Slade will be given £150 to buy the team fish and chips on the way home from Bury.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    seth plum said:

I suppose I am trying to say that the eventual outcome for Lookman will further inform us about the approach to Charlton Athletic by this regime.

IIRC, someone that frequents Sparrows Lane said about a month ago, that The Prem scouts hadn't been overly impressed with Lookman's most recent 1st team appearances and they were likely to hold off, from putting in a big bid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Every top flight club with a half decent scout will know about him. Every top flight club will know we have a completely useless CEO who can't negotiate a proper price for this club.

Fully expect he'll be gone in the next few weeks for about 1.5m of which Slade will be given £150 to buy the team fish and chips on the way home from Bury.

Well it won't be haddock!
  • Options
    Sold. Undisclosed. Not replaced. Repeat ad nauseum.
  • Options

I agree.

He's being sold.
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

I agree.

He's being sold.
    Source??
  • Options
    He surprised the opposition with his ball skills in the first few games but then got found out and struggled after that.

He would probably be added to the youth team at a bigger club.
  • Options
    2 million is loose change for a Premiership club.

It would be worth them taking a chance, and a fee that squirrel face will hoover from her massive nostrils very quickly.

Also, money talks at the end of the day and if Lookman is offered 20k minimum a week, who can really blame him.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

I agree.

He could also retire and take up ballroom dancing.

The possibilities are endless.

Edit: Just read Thai's post - that'll teach me to read the whole thread before posting!
  • Options
    Free transfer to Palace. Well, I thought I would join you all in your misery.
  • Options
    Unfortunately it's just a question of when he'll be gone , I'd be amazed if he and Russ were both still here at the end of the month Season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Anybody worth a pound note is a commodity in Roly's world.

I believe the modern terminology is "human resource".

• Options
    Right now I am (foolishly?) expecting him to stay. I think any premier league clubs would have looked to sign him early if there was strong interest. Of course they could just be waiting for KM to get desperate and offer him out on the cheap, but I'd like to remain hopeful for the time being. It's not like we have had much to be hopeful for so far this summer.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Free transfer to Palace. Well, I thought I would join you all in your misery.

Surely not! Masicat always right.

• Options
    Slade in his Orient post match hinted that Lookman may be seen on Tuesday.
  • Options
    He was non existent today.
  • Options
    Premier teams have money to burn so might take a punt on him knowing what a desperate state Charlton are in. He's a long way from being a Premier League player though. At times he looked like a little boy against hard-faced, championship professionals last year and was pushed around far too easily. Duchatelet may well accept a low ball offer, just so he can trouser some cash. A move now could badly stall Lookman's career - not that RD or KM give a monkey's about that.
  • Options
    If he goes to Palace then arson might replace beach balls or banners.
  • Options

If he goes to Palace then arson might replace beach balls or banners.

• Options
    The way things are going he will be sold before we reach kick off at Bury.To a local club i would expect ,maybe cash plus player exchange.No way what so ever loaned back to us.If i had to put money on it West Ham is my bet.
  • Options

The way things are going he will be sold before we reach kick off at Bury.To a local club i would expect ,maybe cash plus player exchange.No way what so ever loaned back to us.If i had to put money on it West Ham is my bet.

So another product of the "home of football"