Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

15.5 years ago. How time flies.

https://youtu.be/NwtFQVVDCwk

We stuffed city 4-1 at Maine Road.

I garuntee you will be smiling throughout the duration of these highlights.

Love.

Comments

• Options
    A long and distant memory.

Not sure when those days will return.
  • Options
    Our 4th goal here is just f*cking hilarious.

We could beat anyone on our day.

Surprisingly that was and may never be the red of Manchester, on the receiving end of a Charlton battering.
  • Options
    I think I remember watching this at a beam back at The Valley?
  • Options
    Our best team in recent history!
  • Options
    Was at this game. Remember Curbs made a few changes after the Boxing Day stuffing at West Ham. One of them was Parker coming in for Kinsella. It was Parker first game back in the team since his loan spell at Norwich. Looks a totally different player from before and the rest is history.

Weaver got slaughtered by Charlton fans behind the goal especially after the jenson goal
  • Options
    Great start to the day watching that. So many nice touches in the build up plays. We were spoilt.
  • Options
    Maine Road was one of my all time favourite away grounds and I never saw us lose there. Brilliant watching this again. Really does show how lucky we were back then and how far we have sunk since.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know it's only one game and one game that particularly flatters charlton, especially when you consider where we are now and how City have become a champions league outfit since.

Objectively thinking, Curbs and his back room staff had a lot to offer football then, so should still be now....you would think.

Why did he pack it in after west ham?

Maybe he just got sick of it....or he was just very particular with a job he may take post west ham.

Highly doubt he will manage again now. I know he goes in and out of Fulham like a revolving door these days but it's not FM is it.

It's always a debate to judge just how good of a manager curbishley actually was...but the fact that he appears to have completely stopped - it's footballs loss IMO.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

I know it's only one game and one game that particularly flatters charlton, especially when you consider where we are now and how City have become a champions league outfit since.

Objectively thinking, Curbs and his back room staff had a lot to offer football then, so should still be now....you would think.

Maybe he just got sick of it....or he was just very particular with a job he may take post west ham.

Highly doubt he will manage again now. I know he goes in and out of Fulham like a revolving door these days but it's not FM is it.

It's always a debate to judge just how good of a manager curbishley actually was...but the fact that he appears to have completely stopped - it's footballs loss IMO.

Think, it was more a case of clubs not wanting to employ him, after he sued West Ham.
  • Options

Dave2l said:

Think, it was more a case of clubs not wanting to employ him, after he sued West Ham.
    Disagree.
  • Options
    History? Weird!
  • Options
    Look at the workrate of Parker/Robinson/Kish/Stuart.
    Just in that clip there was more creativity and effort than we saw all of last season.
  • Options
    What id do to have 11 John Robinson/Kishishev's playing for us now. Passionate, gave their all, and never hid.People can also slag Parker for leaving us to try and better himself but what a player. Sad to watch that when you look at what we've become really
  • Options
    Love how angry Robbo looks after he's won the pen.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

I garuntee you will be smiling throughout the duration of these highlights.

Spot on. We had some players then. And a manager.

And may I also add, LOL Weaver

• Options
    This game nearly got me divorced. My wife hated the fact I traveled from Manchester to the Valley for every home game and she thought it was well funny that we had gone to Bexley the day before the city fixture for a family do, meaning I would miss one of my few 'home' games. I got up the next morning and started getting ready to go out, The wife asked where I was going to which I replied 'to wipe that smirk off your face', I jumped in the car and drove straight back to Manchester for the game and left her to it.

I do remember how bloody cold it was and have often wondered which was colder, this match or the away fixture at Huddersfield (the John Robinson screamer match).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

This game nearly got me divorced. My wife hated the fact I traveled from Manchester to the Valley for every home game and she thought it was well funny that we had gone to Bexley the day before the city fixture for a family do, meaning I would miss one of my few 'home' games. I got up the next morning and started getting ready to go out, The wife asked where I was going to which I replied 'to wipe that smirk off your face', I jumped in the car and drove straight back to Manchester for the game and left her to it.

I do remember how bloody cold it was and have often wondered which was colder, this match or the away fixture at Huddersfield (the John Robinson screamer match).

Or the reception you got when you got home.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Look at the workrate of Parker/Robinson/Kish/Stuart.
    Just in that clip there was more creativity and effort than we saw all of last season.

Lots of goal scorers in that team too. Aside from Rufus and the lean periods Johansson, Bartlett, Pringle would go on to have.
  • Options
    It'll feel so good when those days are back.
  • Options

Ha ha, love this.
  • Options
    That makes me feel really old, got the coach up as I remember. Always a big fan of Kish, absolute tireless worker who used to get bags of unfair abuse from the people around me. Great days.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Absolute lad.....I salute you sir. Reminds me of how my dad once went out for papers and ended up on a jolly up in Blackpool.