Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

property sale

I'm building up to selling a flat that i can no longer be bothered to rent out. I'm thinking of doing the online sale thing rather than using an estate agent - anybody done this?, if so any advice or things to be weary of?

Hate the thought of giving estate agents money - can't be having some jumped up little scroat turning up in a cheap suit.

Comments

• Options
    @The Organiser is your man. Usual rate of commission thanks
  • Options
    My dad just sold my nan's house online without any estate agents involved RO.

He said it was completely hassle free and went through with no issues. Got a very good price for it as well, was in Downham.

He returns from holiday tonight, will ask him the website he used in the morning.
  • Options
    red_murph said:

He said it was completely hassle free and went through with no issues. Got a very good price for it as well, was in Downham.

He returns from holiday tonight, will ask him the website he used in the morning.

Nice one - much appreciated.
  • Options

@The Organiser is your man. Usual rate of commission thanks

2%?
  • Options
    About 3 years ago I moved house, got in touch with the 2 local estate agents who both wanted about six grand in fees (and I'm sure they were both working together to ensure they got the business) because I didn't like the way they went about there business I decided to look online. At that time emoovo.uk were a newish company and were charging a flat charge of £295 one off fee. I was a bit apprehensive but thought sod it I could lose £295 if things didn't work out or save over £5500 if it did.

Was a very easy experience always someone at the end of the phone if you had any questions. If I was going to sell again would definitely sell online.
  • Options
    I used emoov Rick, £750 fixed fee, whats not to like. Their home page is good however the ad went on all the nationals ie Rightmove, Zoopla, Prime Location Etc.

I sold my house in a week and they put 5 viewings through in that time plus wanted to arrange an open day.

I also used their solicitor to sell the house and that worked out a lot cheaper as well.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I work for an online estate agent called House Tree in Beckenham. We're a smaller company than the likes of Emoov and Purple Bricks but the service you receive is pretty much the same and the fees are smaller. Send me a message if you want some information.

If your flat is around here and you're confident it will sell I'd definitely use an online agent.
  • Options

red_murph said:

Nice one - much appreciated.
    So turns out I got that slightly wrong. Spoke to my mum as dad not about. They used Purplebricks.com

Am sure there is a bit of a fee involved but my old man generally susses out a lot of options for anything and was apparently very impressed. Worth a look at least?

• Options
    The only problem you have with Purple Bricks is you have to pay there fee regardless of whether or not the property sells.

With most online agent you have to pay the fee upfront. We offer both options. The pay on completion deal is slightly more expensive but also less than a high street agent.

With our upfront options, you're protected under a money back guarantee in order to minimise the risk of losing any money.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

I work for an online estate agent called House Tree in Beckenham. We're a smaller company than the likes of Emoov and Purple Bricks but the service you receive is pretty much the same and the fees are smaller. Send me a message if you want some information.

If your flat is around here and you're confident it will sell I'd definitely use an online agent.

It's in Loughton. I know it will sell - for the asking price remains to be seen, not in any immediate rush, as the tenants (are super - had to get that one in) aren't going until the new year - just wanted to get a heads up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In that case I'd use an online agent. I'll send you a message with a link to the site, if it's of interest when you're looking into things further let me know.
  • Options

In that case I'd use an online agent. I'll send you a message with a link to the site, if it's of interest when you're looking into things further let me know.

Good man.