Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Hopefully means that Jay Simpson or a Goalkeeper is coming in before Saturday
  • bonkers, he will have little value next summer so why not sell him now?
  • A very brief statement there from the club.

No mention of compassionate grounds and no comment from the manager.

Both would be nice we do need to start with 11 players LOL

I thought we were preparing a squad for the Weekly Goals Tournament on a Monday night?
  • He was still about the best player we had. Surely he could be managed.

They wanted his wages off the books .
  • Sponsored links:

They wanted his wages off the books .
    We'll still be subsidising his wages.
  • He's been at Charlton for 18 months and been loaned out three times !
  • Do you think the hearts Captain will say at the start of training, 'come on lads, no pain no gain'?
    'Cos Tony will reply, 'no pain'.
  • Reckon No.2 / No.3 are the correct
  • se9addick said:

He's been at Charlton for 18 months and been loaned out three times !

There is clearly a problem behind the scenes with this twat so we are better off without him. I wish they would sell him but it would appear nobody wants to pay a fee for him.
  • Why is it always the player that has the problem and we're better off without him. Why can't it be that he has been badly handled by the manager/s or the club.
    Tony Watt is one of the most gifted players to play at Charlton in recent years and I, for one, will miss him and wish him all the best for the future.

couldn't agree more, so what if he stood on a few toes and think hes better than others, he quite clearly is, don't blame him for wanting away really maybe hes seen enough of who's coming in and doesn't want to play mid-table as from what ive seen i think thats where we will be this roland fucker has got no interest in promotion i dont think aslong as the books balance and he can still skim a bit off the top why risk it, the bloke clearly doesnt do success.
  • Why is it always the player that has the problem and we're better off without him. Why can't it be that he has been badly handled by the manager/s or the club.
    Tony Watt is one of the most gifted players to play at Charlton in recent years and I, for one, will miss him and wish him all the best for the future.

Because only fans are allowed to protest and be pissed off with the regime, apparently the players for whom this is a very short career are supposed to suck it up regardless
  • Sponsored links:

• Watt lacks discipline and is immature. Celtic wanted to get rid of him. Liege were happy for him to go & Charlton dropped him from the 1st game of last season, due to a disciplinary offence, a falling out with I think Damian Matthew.

They can't all be wrong, can they ?

Totally agree. A trouble maker and no club needs that. He will cause some sort of rift at Hearts during the season nailed on!

I thought we were preparing a squad for the Weekly Goals Tournament on a Monday night?
    Haven't got enough players
  • I think he will be back at Sparrows Lane before the end of the season somehow...
  • What a joke club we are under this lot mid table if were luckie i think.and as for watt he can fu k off anyway
  • It's all opinion, Watt's at fault, the Club's at fault.... Both are at fault. He has a bad attitude and is a rebellious character, the ownership has been a complete mockery and he has been coached by some absolute clowns - I don't blame him for losing mindset in this current scenario. He had some altercations at the training ground, more so with management than other players from what I hear.
  • edited July 2016
    So slade wanted him at Cardiff and now a few months later doesn't? Got to be down to wages. Edit - in which case another sterling bit of negotiaton on his original contract
  • Watt lacks discipline and is immature. Celtic wanted to get rid of him. Liege were happy for him to go & Charlton dropped him from the 1st game of last season, due to a disciplinary offence, a falling out with I think Damian Matthew.

They can't all be wrong, can they ?

Agreed, there is clearly a pattern with Watt, including the fact that some players went to the board last year and asked that he be moved. Could he have been managed better? Very possible. But at some point you have to draw a line under things and move on. I suspect all three of @Covered End 's scenarios play a factor.

Also, think JBG was a far, far more gifted and well rounded player, and a lot of the noise when he left was "no right peg, no pace, didn't care."