Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Agency Liaison and Safety Officer

Another job been filled... With Cliff Eager being appointed

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-cliff-eager-matchday-operations-3195579.aspx

As part of a revamp of matchday operations, Charlton Athletic have appointed Cliff Eager as the club’s new Agency Liaison & Duty Safety Officer.

His role will see Mr Eager take on some duties of the recently retired Safety Officer John Little. He will work closely with the Operation team, providing management and direction to members of the stewarding and matchday safety team.

He joins the club after recently retiring from a 35-year career in the police, where he worked his way through the ranks to become Chief Inspector.

Mr Eager said: “I want to work with the Charlton fans to help make sure there is a safe, family-friendly atmosphere at both home and away Charlton games this season.”

Comments

• Options
    Can he keep goal as well ?
  • Options
    An ex Chief Inspector dealing with the CARD oiks outside the Oak pre match. Tough job Mr Eager.
  • Options

He sounds keen...

Almost eager to start his new job do you mean?
  • Options
    Welcome to the club Cliff and I wish you well in your new role.

Hopefully the fans will not make it too difficult for you to do your role.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

You really can be a sanctimonious arse sometimes mate.

for welcoming him to the club?

or by saying I hope he doesn't get treated like shit by some of our fantastically stupid fans? (for the avoidance of doubt I'm referring to the knuckle scrapers that are all over Facebook who think it's cool to brag about pitch invasions, wishing they'd slapped JBG when they were on the pitch, bragging about taking flares along to games). If you mean that aspect of my comment then yes - I do believe I am morally superior to those numb nuts - as I would expect the majority on here are.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

or by saying I hope he doesn't get treated like shit by some of our fantastically stupid fans? (for the avoidance of doubt I'm referring to the knuckle scrapers that are all over Facebook who think it's cool to brag about pitch invasions, wishing they'd slapped JBG when they were on the pitch, bragging about taking flares along to games). If you mean that aspect of my comment then yes - I do believe I am morally superior to those numb nuts - as I would expect the majority on here are.
    Then you should have referred to 'some' fans not 'the' fans.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

I do hope that any future appointments at the club incorporate the name of a geological feature followed by an adjective.

What like River Deep sort of thing.........cue for a song there :wink:
  • Options
    Am I the only one who at first glance read the thread title as 'Angry Liaison and Safety Officer'?

Maybe just jumping the gun for when he's told he has to run the ticket office as well.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

No, I think it was more in relation to you sucking up to a new member of staff, two seconds after they've been appointed. :wink:

As for BookFace...I don't use it, wouldn't dream of doing so and find it amazing that anyone would take anything said on there as either 1) serious or 2) see 1).
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Am I the only one who at first glance read the thread title as 'Angry Liaison and Safety Officer'?

Maybe just jumping the gun for when he's told he has to run the ticket office as well.

Hope. I just did the same.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Macronate said:

I do hope that any future appointments at the club incorporate the name of a geological feature followed by an adjective.

Well our CEO sounds Dam Angry...
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

An ex Chief Inspector dealing with the CARD oiks outside the Oak pre match. Tough job Mr Eager.

I must say, they're pretty decent credentials. It shows that The Regime are prepared to shell out appropriately where it's in their interests; i.e PR, Safety etc

As a senior ex-plod officer, one would hope he won't be easily manipulated by Tony the Testicle, and will have a firm grasp of the law so can put the regime's stranger ideas to rest and keep the stewards in check.

Welcome Cliff, good luck in your new role: it's going to be eventful.
  • Options
    Congatulations, Cliff!
  • Options
    We could do with a goalkeeper called Mountain Calm.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Let's hope its not a cliff hanger of a season.

Will there be any Cliff's left in the year 2035? Who know's a Cliff? Sorry waffling a bit.
  • Options
    I used to work with a guy called Cliff Sparrowhawk which I always found funny.

Welcome Cliff, I'm sure your police background will come in handy although it isn't clear what his background in stadium safety is. I'm not sure what Agency Liaison is so can't comment on that ; - )
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

I'm trying to follow the logic here. If you are now saying 'for the avoidance of doubt' that you are referring to the 'Facebook' following fans then why did you make this unnecessary and superfluous comment here on Charlton Life rather than on the said Facebook site?
  • Options
    Well I never, isn't NLA a Chief Inspector? ;)
  • Options

Welcome Cliff, I'm sure your police background will come in handy although it isn't clear what his background in stadium safety is. I'm not sure what Agency Liaison is so can't comment on that ; - )

He has to contact Manpower to try and find a goalie.
  • Options

I keep reading the gentlemans name as Cliff Sedge which all though not correct seems appropriate. :)
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

I'm trying to follow the logic here. If you are now saying 'for the avoidance of doubt' that you are referring to the 'Facebook' following fans then why did you make this unnecessary and superfluous comment here on Charlton Life rather than on the said Facebook site?
    There is some overlap between Facebook users and CL users. Now you mention it I'm pretty sure there are more than a few in here who condone the stupid acts.

I apologise profusely for not conforming to your specific requirements when commenting and will consider my actions more thoroughly in the future.
  • Options

He sounds keen...

At interview:
    Interviewer: Are you hard working? Earnest?
    Cliff: No, I'm Eager!
    Interviewer: So you are Earnest?
    Cliff: No I'm bloody not! I'm Eager!

Cue 10 minutes of confusion...
  • Options
    Will he come to work with a seagull on his head?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Will he come to work with a seagull on his head?

Or even a beaver. (Eager Beaver), I'll get my coat :wink: