Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

JBG Gone To Burnley - Confirmed.

Comments

• IF JBG had shown the same commitment and consistent work ethic as Cousins, he would have been a world beater .. BUT, he only turned it on when he was 'in the mood'
    And likewise, if the workaholic Cousins had the same skill set as JBG, he'd'a moved on for £10 Million

Unfortunately you can't expect 100% week in week out for any of our players under this ownership, can you imagine doing so at your own work when your training methods were changing daily, fans were on your back (well it would feel like that - not that we were) during match days alongside disruptions etc. Your coach was changing every couple of months and one of them was genuinely from Belgium Sunday League. I'd be lying if I said I'd be giving my all week in week out, especially as a winger of which it is very normal to go missing some games without the supply/right set up.

I praise JBG's ethic for the season if I'm honest. A PL standard player being coached by someone nobody has ever heard of is not fair on him, I'd have been wanting to hand in my transfer request on the spot and I am not overdoing it - one quick search of the guy as he signed (KF) and it was obvious he wasn't up for the job - or anywhere near up for it.
  • I may have said before but during a few games this season when I was shouting 'Come on Johann' intending it as a supportive shout, I got a shrug of the shoulders and a look that said 'i am trying but what can I do with this shite set up'

Promised a premiership challenging squad to sign new contract, gets a relegation squad and management.

Why would you stay if you could leave?
  • Saw JBG make his debut at Rangers today. Came on at half time and fitted straight in. Nothing spectacular, but just looked the part.

Spoke to a Burnley fan who was delighted with the signing.

If the fee was, as suggested, £2.5 million he is an absolute snip!!
  • When you read about Jordan I be going for 15 million and Brad Smith 3 million then it makes JBG ridiculously cheap for an international player.
  • milo said:

IT_Andy said:

When you read about Jordan I be going for 15 million and Brad Smith 3 million then it makes JBG ridiculously cheap for an international player.

sounds like he's from the west country

His phone's autocorrect be set on pirate mode so it is be
    Fixed that for 'ee....
  • Sponsored links:

• Not exactly Dennis in the last minute, but it'll do at this point ;-)
  • Oggy Red said:

Scoring a goal plus 2 assists in a 3-2 victory.

Well done, Johann.

Straight in the fifa totw then
  • Quality player
  • Sponsored links:

• Best thing these clowns ever did was sign him.

Well done computer nerd. (
  • Assist was better than the goal. What a pass.
  • Best thing these clowns ever did was sign him.

Well done computer nerd. (

One out of how many? 50 odd, roughly 2%.
  • Assist was better than the goal. What a pass.

Right foot as well. Didn't realise he had one
  • Kap10 said:

As I said he would be too slow for the Prem, probably make a good back up but won't start and will drop back into the championship.

Are you still saying that now ?
  • Johann came of age in the Euro's.
    He Learnt how to graft.
    At CAFC he had shown glimpses of the talent but didn't have the right players around him, or the right coaching to fulfill his obvious Talent.

At Burnley, Sean Dyche has continued JBG Education and just like being in the Iceland team, the team spirit is superb and being underdogs with no big time Charlies, he has matured.

Dyche has always been a 4-4-2 man, home or away, which could become 4-5-1 when they didn't have the ball. In the championship that was spot on and successful. When Gray got banned he changed for a few games to
    4-3-2-1 which helped Johann because he had licence to come in from the right wing at times and play behind Sam Vokes and make runs off him.
    Palace never seemed to pick him up yesterday and his goal was scored just to the left of centre. The two assists were from the left and from the right.

The irony was Dyche went back to 4-4-2 against United at Old Trafford and only a worldy by Tom Heaton and profligate finishing by the home team saved them from a drubbing.

Johann Berg Gudmundsson you are on a upward curve;
    thanks for the memory of that great goal against Cardiff
    and the late winning goal when Luzon went ape at the Valley.

Our loss is Burnley's gain.

He didn't learn how to graft at the Euros, the reason Iceland got to the Euros was because of the graft they put in. At Charlton he was main man, he probably didn't put the effort in he could because he knew he'd still be the main man? Especially in last year where he was clearly annoyed at the regime's broken promises to buy players to compete.
  • Johann came of age in the Euro's.
    He Learnt how to graft.
    At CAFC he had shown glimpses of the talent but didn't have the right players around him, or the right coaching to fulfill his obvious Talent.

At Burnley, Sean Dyche has continued JBG Education and just like being in the Iceland team, the team spirit is superb and being underdogs with no big time Charlies, he has matured.

Dyche has always been a 4-4-2 man, home or away, which could become 4-5-1 when they didn't have the ball. In the championship that was spot on and successful. When Gray got banned he changed for a few games to
    4-3-2-1 which helped Johann because he had licence to come in from the right wing at times and play behind Sam Vokes and make runs off him.
    Palace never seemed to pick him up yesterday and his goal was scored just to the left of centre. The two assists were from the left and from the right.

The irony was Dyche went back to 4-4-2 against United at Old Trafford and only a worldy by Tom Heaton and profligate finishing by the home team saved them from a drubbing.

Johann Berg Gudmundsson you are on a upward curve;
    thanks for the memory of that great goal against Cardiff
    and the late winning goal when Luzon went ape at the Valley.

Our loss is Burnley's gain.

He didn't learn how to graft at the Euros, the reason Iceland got to the Euros was because of the graft they put in. At Charlton he was main man, he probably didn't put the effort in he could because he knew he'd still be the main man? Especially in last year where he was clearly annoyed at the regime's broken promises to buy players to compete.
    Unlike the final's when he played every game because the same 11 started every game for Iceland, In the qualifying Iceland had games when they didn't have to get 11 behind the ball and hit teams on the break.

Latvia and Kazakhstan who they beat 3-0 in both away fixtures.

Plus JBG didn't start all the qualifying matches even thou he played some part coming on as a sub. The finals when Iceland spent long periods without the ball was where he really learnt how to graft.

I tend to agree with you on the time he spent at CAFC.