Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

JBG Gone To Burnley - Confirmed.

Comments

• Options
    Best of luck to him moving up there!

One thing is for sure. JBG won't be buying a place within 20 miles of the place, will never see the town apart from when he turns up for a home game and won't be eating or drinking after the game in any local pub or restaurant.

Serious.
  • Options

My son is quite upset. He doesn't understand why we are selling all our best players.

Tell him they aren't good enough, they got relegated and that is a good lesson for him to remember, he will always come up against other kids that people and his teachers think have more talent than him but just having that talent doesn't make the other kid a winner or better than him.

Russell's a new start down the right road and he needs to clear out the place and build his own team, not make do with the patchwork of the multiple managerial signings of the last couple of years.
    Unfortunately that does not remotely address @Alwaysneil 's son's question.

• Options
    the guys class, clearly too good for us in our current state, hope he gets a game.
  • Options
    Really technically gifted player. Think lack of pace in an inside-out winger is overrated. He'll play much better in a team with good attacking talent. Seeing what he did toward the end of last year, where there was more space and attacking talent in the squad shows how good he can be when surrounded by good players.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Lazy, overrated. Got found out last season. No pace or right foot.

Is that what we're supposed to say now?

Close enough
  • Options

If it wasn't for the fact that he looked a bit disinterested in games and uptight with the fans he would have won POTY last season.

And should have the year before, too.
  • Options
    Another reason why it is the right decision for those who bought a season ticket!

Real quality you will all be watching I'm sure!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

goodbye jbg, the turfmoor faithful will enjoy your corners that can't clear the first man

He only take good corners for Iceland :smiley:
  • Options

cabbles said:

goodbye jbg, the turfmoor faithful will enjoy your corners that can't clear the first man

That really got my back up at the euros. All of sudden they were being slung into the penalty box with pace.
  • Options
    Good luck JBG.

There goes closest thing to a success that the current berks have managed
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    cabbles said:

cabbles said:

That really got my back up at the euros. All of sudden they were being slung into the penalty box with pace.
    Clearly some kind of gameplan then, unless different footballs really make that much of a difference? We use Mitre balls, PL will use Nike balls and the Euros used Adidas balls
  • Options
    Good luck JBG. Top player. Shame the owners of this club don't share the same ambition as yourself
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Right player, wrong regime. He and Pope could and should have been the building blocks of a promotion winning team from the championship, never mind league one.

But just as the Belgians assured us, Pope and JBG will now do it with a premier league team........Burnley.

The ifs buts and maybes of having good owners in charge makes you want to shed a tear.

We'll be back one day.
  • Options
    Be interested to see how he does in the premier league. Well to be honest I won't really.

Good luck to him. Scored a couple of real belters for us and has a touch of class as well.
  • Options
    Pound stupid penny wise. Well done Roland.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In a totally shit season, Gudmundsson was the highlight. Good luck in the future.
  • Options
    He was alright, ye.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

12 months ago when JBG signed a new 4 year deal with the club.

“It feels really good” the winger told cafc.co.uk, shortly after putting pen to paper.

“We've been talking about it for a few months. Now it's done I can concentrate on my football and help the team to a good start in the Championship.

"We want to build a squad for the future and I'm a part of that," added Gudmundsson.

"Now we know that the football club is serious about what we want to do."

To be fair, Katrien promised him that we would build a squad to get us out of the Championship...
  • Options
    If only we had two kashi and three Diarra we could have been ok.

Oh and a striker who scored chances more often than he missed them.
  • Options
    Having played with a load of guys he must have known since he was pretty young at the euros, well coached, decent game plan, the contrast to being at Charlton with KM and assorted coaches must have been extreme.
  • Options
    Disappointed but hardly surprised to see him go and not the player last season he was the season before.
  • Options
    Great player when he put his mind to it. He isnt a premiership player will be sent out on loan to the championship in January.
  • Options
    IF JBG had shown the same commitment and consistent work ethic as Cousins, he would have been a world beater .. BUT, he only turned it on when he was 'in the mood'
    And likewise, if the workaholic Cousins had the same skill set as JBG, he'd'a moved on for £10 Million
  • Options

IF JBG had shown the same commitment and consistent work ethic as Cousins, he would have been a world beater .. BUT, he only turned it on when he was 'in the mood'
    And likewise, if the workaholic Cousins had the same skill set as JBG, he'd'a moved on for £10 Million

spot on