Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Thanks Dave Lockwood

Stepped down as announcer.

Thanks for all your efforts for OUR club @BDL

Comments

• In protest or due to some other reason?

• Thanks Dave and good luck
  • Top top man, well said.
  • well done @BDL must be very hard giving up something you enjoyed doing for so long, i hope you can return once the scum have gone.
  • Great article, great sign off
  • Sponsored links:

• Like the ravens leaving the tower.
    Pray for us.

Seriously, this can't of been easy for him,but I doubt we've heard the last of Dave on the cafc mic.
  • Well played Dave. It would have been better if you'd made one final announcement at the 1st game :smile:
  • Very impressive.
  • Fair play.
  • Gawd bless BDL
  • Superb statement!
  • Right now give us all the juicy gossip - does Mick Everett really wear a toupe?
  • Well said BDL. Must have been a tough decision for you, so fair play.
  • Good man. Hope these chumps are gone and he's back pitchside before too long.

Wonder who will be replacing him? Seems like an opportunity for Katrien to once again demonstrate her complete lack of understanding of football in general and our club in particular, so I reckon it will be someone completely inappropriate - David "The Kid" Jensen, Nick Griffin, someone dressed as Tin Tin, or just Karel Fraeye's latest position within the network.
  • Sponsored links:

• Respect to BDL.

I bet we are gonna get some cretinous American baseball style announcer.
  • If you ever wanted the definition of "Proper Charlton" BDL is it

Well done @BDL

Surely 'proper charlton' announcers should go mid match after saying something the management deem inappropriate ?
  • Well done BDL. I appreciate, when we met, how difficult it was for you to do the job and perhaps not say what you wanted to. Well now "dish the dirt"!!!!
  • Proper Charlton.
  • IS BC Addick online?
  • edited July 2016
    Can't wait for the goal scorer announcement to the tune of 'Glad all over' Nicky...........(Ajose responds the sparse crowd), Nicky...............Ajose.
  • Would've been great to wait until a day or so before the first home game of the season (starting the first home game without an announcer would've been embarrassing for the regime) but I understand keeping up the pressure on the regime.

Cheers BDL!
  • Well done @BDL
  • Thanks and respect, what more can you say...

As for any replacement, this mob's most appropriate response will surely be to appoint...nobody. Silence & an absence of decent communication would simply bring matchdays into line with the rest of the week