Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Weird/useless facts

Comments

• Options
    The dot of the letter i and the letter j is called a tittle.
  • Options

52% beats 48%

Yadrutas is Saturday backwards

Those two posts add up.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    cafcfan said:

Kylie Minogue is an anagram of You like minge.

The Kylie is a variety of boomerang in the Western Australian Aboriginal language.
    MrOneLung said:

Have you not heard of the Panama Canal ?
    It is quite big....

If you are travelling from the Pacific Ocean into the Caribbean Sea along the Panama Canal you are travelling in a North Westerly direction.
    How does that one work ?

Edit - just looked at a map - crazy !
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    se9addick said:

cafcfan said:

The Kylie is a variety of boomerang in the Western Australian Aboriginal language.
    MrOneLung said:

It is quite big....

If you are travelling from the Pacific Ocean into the Caribbean Sea along the Panama Canal you are travelling in a North Westerly direction.
    How does that one work ?
    Because that part of the Pacific is under the Carribean Sea but separated by Panama the runs from west to east across it. If it was a clock the Panama Canal starts at 5 and finishes at 11.
  • Options

se9addick said:

cafcfan said:

MrOneLung said:

It is quite big....

How does that one work ?
    Because that part of the Pacific is under the Carribean Sea but separated by Panama the runs from west to east across it. If it was a clock the Panama Canal starts at 5 and finishes at 11.
  • Options

se9addick said:

cafcfan said:

MrOneLung said:

It is quite big....

How does that one work ?
    Look at a map you'll see what I mean
  • Options
    I before E except after C, now that's just weird.
  • Options
    2% of fans have renewed their season tickets! Hey, making up stats works both ways love! :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There's more chance of me picking any word in the 7 Harry Potter Books and you guessing which word, what book and what page than there is of someone winning the lottery.
  • Options
    Richard Osman's (Pointless) brother is Suede bassist Mat Osman
  • Options

There's more chance of me picking any word in the 7 Harry Potter Books and you guessing which word, what book and what page than there is of someone winning the lottery.

Wand, book 4, page 438, what do I win?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Wand, book 4, page 438, what do I win?
    A lucky dip, have another go.
  • Options
    The country Brazil was named after the nut, not the other way around.
  • Options
    Angela Eagle had porridge for breakfast.
  • Options

The country Brazil was named after the nut, not the other way around.

Apples were named after New York
  • Options

1) carrots don't help you see in the dark.

2) my mum is a lying cow.

That's how you can tell it's going to rain when you go on holiday in this country and you see the cows in the fields laying down
  • Options
    I'm blaming predictive text and the heat
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'm blaming predictive text and the heat

You made that up
  • Options
    Skoda is Czech means shame.
  • Options
    Bacon, pork and ham all come from the same animal.

Unless you're shopping in Tesco.
  • Options

Richard Osman's (Pointless) brother is Suede bassist Mat Osman

Loved that "Crazy Horses" song, puppy love was cr@p nothing to do with dogs!
  • Options

1) carrots don't help you see in the dark.

2) my mum is a lying cow.

That's how you can tell it's going to rain when you go on holiday in this country and you see the cows in the fields laying down
    Unless it's already rained really heavily, and they're lying down because they'd drowned....
  • Options
    There are more ways to order a pack of playing cards than there are atoms on earth.

There are more bridges in Berlin than Venice.
  • Options
    Until the citrus fruit known as an orange was introduced to England, there was no word for the colour orange. Hence, anything that was, in fact, what we now call orange, was considered red.

Example: the "red" breasts of a robin, which is, clearly, orange.
  • Options
    Gary Ballance was out for 1 having faced 0 balls according to the scorebook when Yorkshire played Durham at Scarborough in 2014.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Until the citrus fruit known as an orange was introduced to England, there was no word for the colour orange. Hence, anything that was, in fact, what we now call orange, was considered red.

Example: the "red" breasts of a robin, which is, clearly, orange.

Someone saw QI this week.