Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Last Man Standing - Competition to support the Charlton Deaf Team

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to let you know that on behalf of the Deaf team, I have decided to set up a competition to raise money for them and this is a good chance for one of you to win a cash prize.

Basically, all you have to do is pay online then pick a Premier League team that you think will win their game (sorry there’s no League 1 available for us to use). If the result ended up with a draw or lose, you’re out of the competition. You can’t pick the same team twice which makes it even more challenging so choose wisely.

The Premier League’s first game is on Saturday 13th August so the aim is to get as many people as possible involved in this competition by the first game. Also, the more participants that take part in this competition, the bigger the cash prize will be so please do let your family and friends know about this competition.

Please join in the fun and it would be very much appreciated if you enter!

To enter: bit.ly/29uTsDq
Entry Fee: £10 to play (You can enter more than once if you are feeling confident)
Prize: Depending on the number of participants.

Note: We can add participants who have given us cash and their email addresses – just add them onto our competition online in one go and let them make their own picks each week. OR you can gather a list of participants and just ask them what their picks are in each round and update it online for them. More info on how to do this: https://runlastman.com/pages/adding-multiple-players

A bit of information about CADFC:
The Deaf team are independently run with support from the Community Trust since 2003. The committees are made up of Deaf volunteers to provide opportunities for Deaf & hard of hearing players (both adults and youths) from all over South-East London & Kent to play competitive football. Currently, they have two men teams and two youth teams which is fantastic to see. They do weekly training sessions with FA qualified coaches who can communicate in sign language for the players to understand everything. The teams take part in national competitions as well as a local league (Bromley & District League) and they often have to travel far to play teams such as Everton, Bristol, Sunderland, Glasgow, etc.

As they are an independent entity, they are always looking to raise money to support the teams in many ways such as pitch fees, referee fees, competition entry fees, insurance, travel cost, kits, training equipment, first aid, courses for coaches/managers, etc. At the moment, they are also looking for a sponsorship for new kits as well so if you know anyone or a company that may be interested, please send them our way or send me a private message please?

Feel free to ask any questions! Thanks for your time in reading this.

Comments

• Options
    We have got Chris Solly on board!! Why don't you guys enter to see if you can beat him?

tinyurl.com/charltondeaf
  • Options

We have got Chris Solly on board!! Why don't you guys enter to see if you can beat him?

tinyurl.com/charltondeaf

Saw his name on there... Is that the real Chris Solly?
  • Options
    edited July 2016

tinyurl.com/charltondeaf

Saw his name on there... Is that the real Chris Solly?
    Yes that is the real Chris Solly.

https://twitter.com/cjsolly/status/754790609572036608?lang=en-gb
  • Options
    I'm not very interested in premiership results or teams.

Dont know much about the Charlton Deaf team other than what you have set out above.

It sounds like the sort of thing I would be donate to regardless of the competition.

Can I donate outside of the competition?

Thanks

Neil
  • Options

I'm not very interested in premiership results or teams.

Dont know much about the Charlton Deaf team other than what you have set out above.

It sounds like the sort of thing I would be donate to regardless of the competition.

Can I donate outside of the competition?

Thanks

Neil

That's nice to hear Neil that you are willing to donate outside of the competition. Let me send you a private message.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    See first round fixtures of PL. Who do you think will win their first fixture?

https://twitter.com/CADFC_Official/status/756462181542232065

Hull v Leicester
    Burnley v Swansea
    Crystal Palace v West Brom
    Everton v Tottenham
    Middlesbrough v Stoke
    Southampton v Watford
    Man City v Sunderland
    Bournemouth v Man Utd
    Arsenal v Liverpool
    Chelsea v West Ham

Have a go and win a chance to win some money:tinyurl.com/CharltonDeaf
  • Options
    This is what it looks like on the website, it is pretty much straightforward as you only need to pick one team from the first weekend. If you get this right, you are through to the next round and pick a different team!

This is a lot easier than any of those fantasy leagues!

Go on, have a go and support the deaf team:tinyurl.com/Charlton Deaf
  • Options
    The prize pot now is £61! This will increase if you join in!!!

Not long to go, only 10 days left to enter!

• Options
    £75 prize pot now! Looking good, we are hoping to reach £100 by next week. Reckon you will be good at predicting the winning teams in the Premier League?

Go on, have a go to support the Deaf team by entering here: tinyurl.com/CharltonDeaf

Thanks
  • Options
    Gutted we lost to Bury at the weekend. Let's hope we will bounce back and win the next game.

In the meantime, only 4 days left till Premier League starts.

We have now got 31 people involved and there is £111 in the pot waiting to be won.

It is very easy to play, just pick one team that you think will win their fixture!

tinyurl.com/CharltonDeaf