Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Invest in the Charlton App

I've just recieved an email which seems to good to be true, I'm thinking about re-mortgaging the house to make my first million.

"Invest in the CHarlton Athletic Fan App

As one of our loyal supporters, we are delighted to offer you the chance to invest in your Fan App!

The Spontly platform is the foundation of all of our 200+ apps. Each app is a respective community, representing football, rugby, tennis and leisure clubs throughout the United Kingdom.

We’ve put together a clear plan on how to both expand and improve our platform going forward, but to achieve it, we need you.

What is the plan?

Amongst the ideas we hope you’ll help make a reality are:
A web version: Allowing fans to do everything they can do in the app on the web.
Video highlights: The ability to watch recent goals and match highlights.
Additional data: Adding team line-ups, live match information and player statistics.
New features: Match result predictor, choose your starting line-up, odds comparison tool and games.
An ‘elsewhere’ section: Allowing fans to tune in to the latest news from around their league.
Faster updates: Rapid, reliable and accurate live scores.
Fan rankings: Introducing a point system for positive contribution, interactions and activity within the app which contribute to a rankings table.

What do I get out of it?

By supporting in our efforts to develop the Spontly platform, you will not only get to enjoy our new additions, but you’ll also receive shares in the company – making financial return possible. These are allocated in accordance to your investment, so the more you invest, the more you get!

And that’s not all. As part of our new fan ranking system, you’ll be placed in the ‘investor’ category, which will show you as a featured member in our apps and give you additional exposure in app discussions.

You’ll also be eligible to receive regular updates on our progress in working towards the above goals – enabling you to keep up to date on all of the platform’s latest progressions!

How do I invest?

We’ve made investing in your app easy. Simply head over to our Seedrs page and sign-up. Once signed up, you’ll need to take a short seven-question quiz (5 minutes) which ensures you’re aware of the risks involved in investing.

Once completed, you will then be able to make your investment from a minimum of £10!

Don’t forget to tell your friends - just click the share buttons below!"

Comments

• Options
    Roland is s billionaire.
  • Options
    What.
    The.
    Fuck?

Anyone still think that because Roland is a billionaire (or whatever) that he isn't chasing the pound note?
  • Options
    "fan ranking system"!!!!!

Well I know where I stand in the fan ranking system. They can't even be bothered to phone me up about my non-renewal.
  • Options
    Is this a joke? I just can't tell any nore
  • Options
    Invest in the Charlton crap????

Though it was the new season ticket marketing slogan...
  • Options
    Yeah, people don't even want to buy a season ticket, but they will shell out to buy some electronic tat. Roland. You are the sodding owner. You pay for it. Belgian knob-end.
  • Options
    Sounds like a scam to me.
  • Options
    Oh nearly sent some funds for this. Fucking ridiculous.
  • Options
    I'm assuming this is a new version of the Nigerian "free money" scam.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't think this comes from Roland or the club ...
  • Options
    rambeau said:

I don't think this comes from Roland or the club ...

I'm inclined to agree. It could be genuine, but with little chance of any return, or a scam, as with any crowdfunding.
  • Options
    Come and join my app
  • Options
    Is there a protest app?
  • Options
    They use our full name (https://charltonathleticfc.spontly.com/app#latest) - would they be allowed to without permission?
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I've sold my house for this, because this is going to be HUGE.
    Mankind has been waiting for this to happen :smiley:
    I'm looking forward to CL doing something similar I can see the slogan -

Come join us and get the CLapp :wink:
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Was that sent by spontly or the club?

Amateurish email whoever it's from. Reads like a third world scam mail. Hope they keep expanding their 200+ apps, one day someone might download one
  • Options

I've just recieved an email which seems to good to be true, I'm thinking about re-mortgaging the house to make my first million.

"Invest in the CHarlton Athletic Fan App

As one of our loyal supporters, we are delighted to offer you the chance to invest in your Fan App!

The Spontly platform is the foundation of all of our 200+ apps. Each app is a respective community, representing football, rugby, tennis and leisure clubs throughout the United Kingdom.

We’ve put together a clear plan on how to both expand and improve our platform going forward, but to achieve it, we need you.

What is the plan?

Amongst the ideas we hope you’ll help make a reality are:
    A web version: Allowing fans to do everything they can do in the app on the web.
    Video highlights: The ability to watch recent goals and match highlights.
    Additional data: Adding team line-ups, live match information and player statistics.
    New features: Match result predictor, choose your starting line-up, odds comparison tool and games.
    An ‘elsewhere’ section: Allowing fans to tune in to the latest news from around their league.
    Faster updates: Rapid, reliable and accurate live scores.
    Fan rankings: Introducing a point system for positive contribution, interactions and activity within the app which contribute to a rankings table.

What do I get out of it?

By supporting in our efforts to develop the Spontly platform, you will not only get to enjoy our new additions, but you’ll also receive shares in the company – making financial return possible. These are allocated in accordance to your investment, so the more you invest, the more you get!

And that’s not all. As part of our new fan ranking system, you’ll be placed in the ‘investor’ category, which will show you as a featured member in our apps and give you additional exposure in app discussions.

You’ll also be eligible to receive regular updates on our progress in working towards the above goals – enabling you to keep up to date on all of the platform’s latest progressions!

How do I invest?

We’ve made investing in your app easy. Simply head over to our Seedrs page and sign-up. Once signed up, you’ll need to take a short seven-question quiz (5 minutes) which ensures you’re aware of the risks involved in investing.

Once completed, you will then be able to make your investment from a minimum of £10!

Don’t forget to tell your friends - just click the share buttons below!"

Is there a translation of this?
  • Options
    Had a brief look at this, seems to run by this organisation.
    https://www.seedrs.com/about.
    Personally I do not buy apps, or frankly purchase things through 'i tunes' unless they are free.
    It does seem rather 'aspirational' and is based on the crowd funding principle.

It may well be the future 'Jim' but not that I would want to own it........
    So much of the internet\app money making culture is based on projected 'ifs'.
    Good luck with it, I assume that they must have a legal agreement with either the individual clubs, or the FA\football league?...... but as I do not use this type of 'tool' that is my loss, and feel like Tim Berners Lee the Internet should be free.
    Perhaps they will get advertising sponsorship, I would advise anyone thinking of investing in this type of 'venture' to get sound financial advice.
    The website was rather good though, in my very limited knowledge of web design, but as I say
    'It is a no from me'..........
  • Options
    Nothing to do with the club. All very odd!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

And possibly illegal because of the offer of equity to other than "sophisticated investors".
  • Options

Odd indeed then Olly?......

I see that they are using a news feed, photos, and even linking in the club sponsor, let alone the club trademark...... https://charltonathleticfc.spontly.com/app#news/577d48a6fc38834329dcb4cf

• Options
    I think Roland should invest, it looks much better than the OS!
  • Options
    I was going to invest a few grand until I spotted the phrase 'going forward'.