Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Matchday Tickets 2016/2017

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-tickets-201617-prices-3187404.aspx

Matchday ticket prices for the upcoming season have been announced with adults priced from just £17

The club have announced matchday ticket prices for the new season which include cheapest seats priced at £17 for adults, £10 for Under 18s and £3 for U11s – the cheapest adult ticket is £1 cheaper than when the club were last in the third tier five years ago.

There is also a reduction in the most expensive zones with Zone 1 adult seats 12% cheaper than last season.

Under 18/Student prices will be £10 across all areas of the stadium with no increase on the match day. Under 11 prices will be £5 across all areas of the stadium and £3 in the Family Stand with no increase on the matchday.

For three gold fixtures – Millwall, Gillingham and Sheffield United – there will be a £2-£3 increase for Adults, Over 65s and Under 21s.

The club has benchmarked all ticket prices against the prices of teams in SkyBet League One last season and remains committed to offering all Charlton supporters affordable ticket pricing.

The club is looking to drive its ticket purchasing online, to reduce queues for fans at the ticket office on matchday and bring Charlton in line with its competitors. As part of that process, online match ticket prices will no longer incur a booking fee. Tickets purchased online will be £2.50 cheaper per booking than purchases in person or via telephone bookings which will incur a transaction fee.

Ticketing staff are available to speak to from 9am – 5pm each weekday, except Thursday afternoons, to help anyone needing assistance to set-up an online account and a staffed portal will be made available at The Valley ahead of the start of the season for anyone who needs further assistance with the process.

Two hours before kick-off, matchday ticket prices will increase by £3 for adults, over 65s and U21s. These tickets will not include a transaction fee and, contrary to reports, will not incur an extra £5.50 charge should they be purchased in the last two hours before kick-off.

Increasing the price on the day of purchase is commonplace within football clubs and the measures have been taken to reduce the massive queues for fans, which put a real strain on the ticket office in the hours leading up to kick-off.

Season tickets for 2016-17 are still available from £175, one of the cheapest prices in EFL, working out at less than £8 per game.

Comments

• Options
    Can't wait to pay £23 to watch Shrewsbury at The Valley
  • Options
    I think overall they are fair prices for league one football.

I still find it unique we offer 4 pricing structure within the same stand.

Why is Sheffield United classed as a gold game?

• Options
    Hmm, do you think they might read this site?!
  • Options
    The club is looking to drive its ticket purchasing online.
    What about people who are not online, or who's internet is down even, or intermittent.
    There is a distinction to be made regarding 'driving' ticket purchasing online and 'forcing'.

Indeed there are reports of hacks, and leaks and such like, enough to make people very wary of doing financial stuff online.

Hope and encourage yes, but force and penalise no.
  • Options
    Just do online print at home and book out a concession ticket. No checks at the turnstiles.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

They might have come good by then.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Nice of them to announce it before anyone noticed it in the small print as people would get angry otherwise.
  • Options

For zone 3 (green) a season ticket is £300 for concessions, including students.

However, if a student buy an individual ticket for every match in the same seat he pays £230.

Brilliant!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Guess because they're regarded as one of the favourites for the Division and had the second biggest away following (Only beaten by Wigan) last season so makes sense to cash in from the Sheffield United fans too
  • Options

For zone 3 (green) a season ticket is £300 for concessions, including students.

However, if a student buy an individual ticket for every match in the same seat he pays £230.

Ah, but, does it depend on the angle of the sun or phases of the moon as to when he bought his ticket to make that saving?
  • Options
    WSS said:

For zone 1 a season ticket is £410 for concessions, inc students If a student buys a ticket for every match in that zone he pays £230

If this is true then it's completely and utterly ludicrous!

Thats a genius move... I'm trying to find a way for it not to be right but I cant!!
  • Options
    Does the cost include the 12.5% service charge that is usual with most restaurants?
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited July 2016

WSS said:

For zone 1 a season ticket is £410 for concessions, inc students If a student buys a ticket for every match in that zone he pays £230

If this is true then it's completely and utterly ludicrous!

Thats a genius move... I'm trying to find a way for it not to be right but I cant!!
    How they've f*cked it up is in the season ticket prices they have included students in "concessions":

But in matchday prices they have created their own category that is significantly cheaper:

• Options
    What they need to do is scrap the Student price and have that in with Concessions and have £10 for U18s and U11s.

I've sent the club a tweet asking what the hell they're doing as people are being ripped off as it stands
  • Options
    I don't like or support the regime but that is excellent value ticket prices! We will be charging just £2 more for a league game than Bromley charged us for a pre season friendly yet there are people still just jumping to criticise the club without praising the prices.....
  • Options
    I suspect another Kat/Tone session in front of a whiteboard along with whatever staff are around at the time. Tone will have his laser pen
  • Options

I don't like or support the regime but that is excellent value ticket prices! We will be charging just £2 more for a league game than Bromley charged us for a pre season friendly yet there are people still just jumping to criticise the club without praising the prices.....

Even though seemingly (according to published figures on the OS), students who have bought a season ticket could've saved themselves about £200 by paying on the day?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSS said:

Even though seemingly (according to published figures on the OS), students who have bought a season ticket could've saved themselves about £200 by paying on the day?
    Even if the Student was to turn up on the day and so pay another £2.50 their "Season Ticket" would still only be: £287.50
  • Options
    Good to see from Reading...

Reading FC ‏@ReadingFC 1h1 hour ago
    Away fans who are ST holders or members at their clubs will pay no more than £20 @ReadingFC http://rdng.co/20Plenty
  • Options
    WSS said:

I'm sure it will be rectified. Also isn't there a way to get a refund on your season ticket??? I'm just saying it would come across more balanced if you praised the prices as well as mentioning the Student concession issue.
  • Options

Good to see from Reading...

Reading FC ‏@ReadingFC 1h1 hour ago
    Away fans who are ST holders or members at their clubs will pay no more than £20 @ReadingFC http://rdng.co/20Plenty

Shame we won't be playing them.
  • Options

WSS said:

I'm sure it will be rectified. Also isn't there a way to get a refund on your season ticket??? I'm just saying it would come across more balanced if you praised the prices as well as mentioning the Student concession issue.
    I agree, when the pricing is communicated with this little nugget from the club...

"the cheapest adult ticket is £1 cheaper than when the club were last in the third tier five years ago"

...I'm holding the joy and adulation back for the sake of it. It's incredible really.
  • Options
    WSS said:

WSS said:

I agree, when the pricing is communicated with this little nugget from the club...

"the cheapest adult ticket is £1 cheaper than when the club were last in the third tier five years ago"

...I'm holding the joy and adulation back for the sake of it. It's incredible really.
    If you don't think £17 pound for the majority of games is decent value then you clearly are living in the past and/or don't go to away games.
  • Options

WSS said:

WSS said:

If you don't think £17 pound for the majority of games is decent value then you clearly are living in the past and/or don't go to away games.
    Never said it wasn't decent but no, I'm not going to praise them. They don't deserve it.
  • Options

You really need to ask :smile:
  • Options

Excellent value - may be pushing it :smiley:
  • Options

It's not that the tickets are 'value for money' , they're charging a price that is how much watching the club is worth!
    Watching Charlton in league one isn't worth much more than £20 in the majority of areas, regardless of 'view'