Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jordan Cousins to QPR (gone, confirmed)

edited July 2016 in General Charlton
Seems wasted absorbed in the Transfers Thread, if the price being floated around is true then that's a hugely disappointing deal.

Comments

• Options
    I am still not convinced the price floating about is correct.
  • Options
    A bad deal for Roland Duchatalet, which is a good thing.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    cafctom said:

A bad deal for Roland Duchatalet, which is a good thing.

Really? Won't it just increase his sale price as we have more 'friendly' debt?

Classic announce a new deal just before a shitty transfer.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

All I'll say is that from that list only Joe Gomez was a Championship player... All the other fees received are as a League One team

I think that definitely plays a huge part in it. It not all down to the competence of the negotiator, although representatives from the seller and the buyer obviously play a part in that.

The biggest issue for us though, for lots of reasons, Belgian mismanagement among them but not alone, we keep finding ourselves in a weak bargaining position.

I've seen the comparisons between the fee for JBG and what Brighton have supposedly rejected for Stephens, but Brighton are a club who are performing well, on and off the pitch and have done so for several consecutive years. That means financially they are less stress to sell, but also they are providing a rewarding environment for their players meaning they are less likely to push hard for a move.

We're caught in a bit of a viscous cycle and have been for some time and that leaves us vulnerable and I;m sure buying clubs know that and will seek to use it their advantage.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

If that price is anywhere near correct then it's an absolute disgrace!

I'm sure the club will unofficially tell us that the price is not correct. With no more details

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Rizzo said:

If that price is anywhere near correct then it's an absolute disgrace!

I'm sure the club will unofficially tell us that the price is not correct. With no more details

Just like the Gomez deal last year.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

All I'll say is that from that list only Joe Gomez was a Championship player... All the other fees received are as a League One team

Fine.

We have lost Jonjo Shelvey, Jordan Cousins, Harry Arter, Darren Randolph and Diego Poyet for the price of Dwight Gayle from Peterborough in League One and lost Jonjo Shelvey, Joe Gomez (in the Championship), Harry Arter, Darren Randolph and Diego Poyet for the price of Fabian Delph from Leeds in League One.
  • Options

Is this the right time to remind everyone thst Richard Murray said the days of Charlton selling our best players on the cheap were over with the arrival of Duchatalet. One relegation and one useless CEO later, seems like that was just another fairy tale for the idiot fans to be happy with.

Big fat liar just like the rest of them.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    It's a bottom line numbers game for our beleaguered CEO to meet budget targets set by the Douchbag, nothing more nothing less.

'She ain't got a clue, she ain't got a clue...............'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1.5 million seems about right to me. Cousins has been a committed, reliable. loyal player amongst some appalling and lack lustre ones. If the club hung on for more money and this failed they would be equally criticised.
  • Options

No disrespect to those who think 1.5m is fair value, but for a 22yr old English player with 125 Championship games experience already and twice club PoTY who is secured on a long night contract, I don't think they appreciate how the money has moved on in the game of late.

Should be double for doing nights.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Probably added a sell on fee for Rolands back pocket.