Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lewis Buxton (On Trial)

Played very well for me again last night,

Strong,composed and keep things simple, he made some great runs down that flank opening the space too

Very sound defensively

I think he would make a great addition

Comments

• Options
    Yep, sign him up.

He can play all along the back line and is steady, a great addition for a L1 squad.

Great ball for the first goal against Welling too.
  • Options
    The most impressive of the current trialists over the past two games.
  • Options

Yep, sign him up.

He can play all along the back line and is steady, a great addition for a L1 squad.

Great ball for the first goal against Welling too.

He might be needed to play CB with all our injuries there
  • Options
    First ever player to represent Charlton from the Isle of Wight too I bet.
  • Options
    We should be looking for better. Average Joe.
  • Options
    Good player, would be happy with that.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

We should be looking for better. Average Joe.

It's a back-up for Solly and a 4th choice CB it seems he's been decent, we should be looking for better players in more important areas like CM and out wide, he can do for that spot on the cheap.
  • Options
    Had a good spring in his step, but that's water under the bridge.
  • Options
    Only saw him at Welling, playing in Chris (three year contract) position.
    I thought he was a standard player, OK, but I thought he needed to be a little more sharp in his decision making and responses...which might come to fruition when the season starts whichever club he is at.
    However, is a player of his age and experience going to be a back up for our established right back, and is this a priority?
  • Options
    Interesting what happened to him at Rotherham:

Lewis Buxton is free to resume his Rotherham career after ending his contract dispute.

The 32-year-old right-back has not featured in any of the Millers' last five games as that would have triggered a clause in his deal giving him an extra year at the club.

The Millers refused to play him to avoid that happening and Buxton has now waivered his extra year.

He is in contention for Rotherham's trip to Cardiff on Saturday, but Neil Redfearn is unlikely to select him anyway as he signed right-back Shay Facey from Manchester City while Buxton was out in the cold.

"Lewis is back in the frame, he has sorted those issues out," Redfearn said. "He just comes back into the squad and now he has got to compete for a place in the side.

"You can't promise anybody a starting place but because the clause has been taken out he can come into consideration.

"Shay Facey has been doing well, Frazer Richardson has been really unlucky not to be at right-back. We have got real competition in places."

This was in January but he never did play another game for Rotherham.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Played very well for me again last night,

Strong,composed and keep things simple, he made some great runs down that flank opening the space too

Very sound defensively

I think he would make a great addition

As with the guy who used Grant Basey and great in the same sentence, I feel that is ott. Looks like a squad filler to me
  • Options
    4 year contract?
  • Options
    He played very well at right back against Bromley last Tuesday

During the first half (with Solly at right back), when Solly was fouled up field, he was angry with referee that he ran back took his own retribution, gave away a bad foul, (nearly started a minor punch up). Bromley scored from the free kick.

I would recommend him playing at Centre Half or backup to Solly, as Johnson was completely shot, (unable to run at pace), if he was a horse the vet would put him down.