Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

TalkShite sack Collymore

A good day for the ears. Won't have to listen to that sanctimonious self serving prick any longer. Wonder who they'll get to take his place?

Comments

• I like Stan Collymore.

Why did they get rid?
  • Sad to hear this. I've enjoyed listening to him on Talk Sport.
  • There is an awful lot about him as a person I don't like

He does understand and get football though. Granted he absolutely took the piss out of clubs as a player so perhaps when he goes off on one about mercenary footballers and clubs and fans and owners we should forgive and forget.
  • Daddy_Pig said:

That's a shame. Enjoyed Call Collymore on a Saturday evening. How they can get rid of him and keep the likes of Alan Brazil on there is beyond me.

They need to keep the in house bar takings up.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2016
    With Talksport being the Soap box radio station, (soapboxstan)
    Stan the man fitted the role and opined his views.
    He gave it 100%, whether you agreed or disagreed with his words.

Collymore the woman beater is a different beast and that Tag
    can't be taken off after a few years; it will be with him until he takes his last breath.
  • What was he sacked for ?
  • edited July 2016
    wiki: "On 25 June 2016 Rupert Murdoch's News Corp announced that it was acquiring the parent Wireless Group company for $296 million".

Had he been slagging off the Sun/Murdoch as has been suggested?

• A good day for the ears. Won't have to listen to that sanctimonious self serving prick any longer. Wonder who they'll get to take his place?

Say what you really mean, please.
  • edited July 2016
    se9addick said:

What was he sacked for ?

His contract is about to run out.

They did offer him a new one but Murdoch (News Corp.) has since bought the station and the offer has been withdrawn.
  • Have to say that for all his faults he was and is passionate and entertaining when it comes to talking about football. Went on a bit on occasions but then don't we all!

• I really liked his reaction to villa's relegation and Joleon Lescott - very good
  • Sponsored links:

• No big deal, he can have a career change and become an investigative journalism on the front line after his Euro 2016 escapades
  • Colin Murray has just resigned due to the Murdoch thing!
  • Wonder if Durham will follow suit, he has always been very supportive of JFT96 and the sun etc.
  • buckshee said:

Colin Murray has just resigned due to the Murdoch thing!

No way?! You're kidding?!!! :-)
    Ha ha , for some reason I hadn't spotted the previous posts. Weird
  • Always liked Murray's show . Even more impressive that he knew so much about the premier league as he surely can't have had sky sports right?
  • Wonder if Durham will follow suit, he has always been very supportive of JFT96 and the sun etc.

he'd be a huge loss for the station