Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

France v Portugal

1234568»

Comments

• Portugal were the more composed and organised side especially after Ronaldo finally limped off .. a situation whereby when the star leaves the stage, the other actors come to the fore ..
    France were over anxious in front of their own fans, strange for such an experienced team.
    So another upset and proof that it's not how you start, it's how you finish .. Portugal were awful in the group stage, excellent in the knock out .. and what a tremendous goal to win it with ((:>)

• andyg90 said:

To be fair, Pepe was probably the player of tournament. Every game I've seen him play he's been a rock, even if he is a massive prat.

To be fair on Pepe, a lot was made about how he'd be at the Euros after his play acting with Real Madrid but I dont remember seeing any of those theatrics from him this competition
  • andyg90 said:

To be fair, Pepe was probably the player of tournament. Every game I've seen him play he's been a rock, even if he is a massive prat.

To be fair on Pepe, a lot was made about how he'd be at the Euros after his play acting with Real Madrid but I dont remember seeing any of those theatrics from him this competition
    I suspect the players and coaches/managers were read the riot act by officialdom before the tournament started .. any monkey biz playtime and you are OFF OFF and OFF
  • Cracking goal but a very poor game.
  • Funny how the media picked holes in Ronaldo's antics on the touchline last night, but I thought if one of our players was doing that I would be impressed. Yes he may have been after the limelight, but I don't think so that was proper passion and a captain doing his bit.
  • cfgs said:

Funny how the media picked holes in Ronaldo's antics on the touchline last night, but I thought if one of our players was doing that I would be impressed. Yes he may have been after the limelight, but I don't think so that was proper passion and a captain doing his bit.

Practically ended up assistant manager last night, good on him, you could see how much it meant to him, and he's on the shelf for 4-5 months now because of it
  • Once Ronaldo went off, the pressure on Portugal lifted, they had their excuse for an unlucky defeat, robbed of their best player.

For France, who where already the favourites, the pressure ramped up even more
  • Sums the tournament up. Crap final.

Commentators were right at the start of Extra Time.

Just WHEN did we last have a good Final... For me was maybe either 2002 World Cup or Euro 2000!!
    Nothing comes close to the Play off final 98 .....
  • Well done Portugal.

Is this something kind of joke?

Disgusted
    Englands oldest ally mate. Goes back over 900 years and the Anglo-Portuguese treaty is the oldest active treaty ever.
    You'd want our oldest enemy France to win over them? Learn some history!

Well done Portugal. Glad they beat what I personally find to be the most rudest and arrogant nation in Europe.

You don't want to know what they think about you.... :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

cfgs said:

Funny how the media picked holes in Ronaldo's antics on the touchline last night, but I thought if one of our players was doing that I would be impressed. Yes he may have been after the limelight, but I don't think so that was proper passion and a captain doing his bit.

Practically ended up assistant manager last night, good on him, you could see how much it meant to him, and he's on the shelf for 4-5 months now because of it
  • ALLEZ LES BLUES!!!

RON WHO?

France 2 - 1 win....

LOLS
  • Shit game

Shit tournament

Shit winners
  • edited July 2016
    The real let-down in the Final was the lack of any game-turning Clattenburg moments. It was England's big chance to screw it up for everyone else and our man bottled it horribly.