Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fans\Supporters Football Match German Addicks v local football team

Hi, I was requested by a poster on this forum to see if I could arrange with German Addick, a football match when he is bringing his team over from Germany :SC Altenrheine.

Myself and 'Marc' ( German Addick) have agreed to play this fixture at Eltham Town Football club on the 30th July at 6pm.

(People might just remember that another match was played 50 years to that very day beetween Germany and England, called the 'World cup final') Hopefully, the players will have a good game, make some freinds and have a pint or two afterwards, and we might see some actual football being played for fun and entertainment. 'The local team' is made up of current and former players from local football clubs, ( Bexley Sports FC, Bexley FC, and Erith 147.) which I have been involved with either as a manager or club official. Marc is the manager of SC Altenrheine. KO is after the match at the Valley, there is a BAR and it is FREE. There is ample parking. Be good to see any fans\supporters.

Anyone interested, or would like to play, I am sure we would be interested, the standard is decent as most of the players are from the current Kent Premier league and aged 25-28. If anyone is interested please inbox me, or you can catch me at the White Swan, at the CARD evening. I am arranging a training session at Hall place later on in the month.

This is NOT a CAFC supporters team, nor is it CASTrust or CARD endorsed event, but several of the 'Local Footballers' have been season ticket holders in the past, and some people may know me from my involvement with the CASTrust.

Regardless of result, this is about fans having a game of football, hopefully having some fun, and enjoying the game that we all love. (and a few pints afterwards)

Details are on the poster.

Comments

• Sounds good to me. We'll be there to watch*

*Smoke bombs allowed?

• I was at Wembley in '66 and with equal pleasure I will be at Eltham Town in '16.

Many congratulations to Ken, Marc and all concerned for making this match happen and for all the work involved.
  • Hope you've sorted a 'Russian' linesman i case we need a bit of help!!
  • edited July 2016

I was at Wembley in '66 and with equal pleasure I will be at Eltham Town in '16.

Many congratulations to Ken, Marc and all concerned for making this match happen and for all the work involved.

I couldn't get a ticket for love nor money in 66 despite seeing live the round of 8, QF and SF, so had to watch it on the box, as I'm no longer local don't suppose there's any chance of it being streamed via the internet?

In all seriousness it's a brilliant idea @ken from bexley , hope it all goes well, a good time is had by all and football is the winner.
  • If i'm not doing anything i'll pop along as it's just across the road from me.
  • I'll play, but only on the condition that nobody removes my towel from the side of the pitch.

As they are going to the game at the Valley before hand, we will nab the best dressing room, so plenty of space for your towel mate. Please bring your boots and pads.
    ( There will be a training session , to check on peoples fitness, but as it is pre-season a few players might be able to able to play a 'cameo' role, I am hoping a few on here register an interest like 'Valley Gary' whose cousin and old team mates are playing, or at least hope to).
    Marc is bringing over 24 players, a goal keeping coach, and a Director of Sport, to name but a few........It is 'roll on roll off' for the 'faint-hearted'.

• Is GlasshalfFull playing?
  • Sponsored links:

• I shall be there to cheer everyone on!

It would be unfair on the other players to impose my silky skills, so instead I have donated my signed Patrick Bauer shirt. Gonna be a great evening !!

It would be unfair on the other players to impose my silky skills, so instead I have donated my signed Patrick Bauer shirt. Gonna be a great evening !!
    Al, any silky dribbling skills you have now are down your cardigan.

Ain't it the truth ....
  • I could be tempted to play. I'm not great at football but still love playing.

Is GlasshalfFull playing?

Ain't it the truth ....
    and sort them shorts out ffs.
  • Article on Trust website about the game.

http://www.castrust.org/2016/07/1966-world-cup-final-to-be-replayed/

Will be at the Swan on Saturday @5.30-6.30 if anyone wants to know more details, or play.
    Looks like next Tuesday|Wednesday 7.15 at Bexley FC Bourne Road Bexley Village, for a small training session to meet and greet the other players, ( will confirm on here so please check for confirmed date probably Monday).
  • Am I reading this wrong? Is there a bar that is free? If so, there could be a crowd that exceeds our season ticket holders.
  • Am I reading this wrong? Is there a bar that is free? If so, there could be a crowd that exceeds our season ticket holders.

There is always one eh!......
    Free entry, and there is a bar, in fact there are two normally, and an outside drinking area..... see photographs ( these may be a bit old )

Do you expect free cash from cash machines that offer free withdrawals too?
  • Sponsored links:

• The match organisers have very kindly allowed me to put up a signed Patrick Bauer 2015/2016 home shirt for auction on CL, all proceeds for the Upbeats. Shirt size L.

All bids on this thread, closing on Friday 29 July at 17.00 BST. With such a worthy cause, could we start at £50 ?
  • £60
  • Thanks for the bids ...... All the money raised will be going to the upbeats.
    Very generous of Alan ( GHF) to donate this.
    Provisonal squad list for the Game, a few players have volunteered for this, so will update you.
    Come on lifers, there are a few decent players on here,( or so they claim) it is a pre-season friendly, so few if any will be match fit.
  • I know 75% of that team Ken, i hope you've got a decent ref!!!
  • I thought you might, can we not tempt you for an appearance.?
    Not sure Joe can make it, ( with his leg injury).
    Is the lure of 'Bluewater' better than a pint and a kick about?......
    Just bring your boots, you know you want to......
  • edited July 2016

Thanks for the bids ...... All the money raised will be going to the upbeats.
    Provisonal squad list for the Game, a few players have volunteered for this, so will update you.
    Come on lifers, there are a few decent players on here,( or so they claim) it is a pre-season friendly, so few if any will be match fit.

What if you're absolutely rubbish?

Jokes aside, because I haven't played in properly in a few years since school, I may go down for a watch at least.
  • LuckyReds said:

Thanks for the bids ...... All the money raised will be going to the upbeats.

What if you're absolutely rubbish?

Jokes aside, because I haven't played in properly in a few years since school, I may go down for a watch at least.
    Check your 'inbox' Lucky reds.
  • Bexley Sports @ Eltham Football club 2 years ago.