Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 'fans' behind the goal vs Welling

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    Something to thank them for then
  • Options
    Can't see how the idiots who invaded the pitch or who let off the flares and smoke bombs were anything to do with CARD whatsoever. As usual it seems to be the same kind of idiots posting on Facebook claiming otherwise
  • Options
    I think you'd have to be slightly inbred to think the Herbert's at Welling are anything to do with CARD
  • Options

I think you'd have to be slightly inbred to think the Herbert's at Welling are anything to do with CARD

Not a nice thing to say about Colin : - )
  • Options

I am a firm believer of the 'get Roland out brigade' and hopefully the press are on our side - which we need them to be , but when you get 12 year old idiots running around on a conference side pitch and letting off flares and abusing stewards , I don't think it does the 'Roland out cause' any good at all. well done to the bloke who grabbed the little shit and gave him over to the stewards

That assumes that any of their behaviour was linked to getting Roland out.

As I remember we have kids throwing flares, maybe even at Welling, long before CARD or any anti-Roland protests.

Now, by some strange logic ANY misbehaviour is down to CARD and the protests.

CARD were responsible for us being turfed out of The Valley in '85.
    and the move to Southend in 1923
    Our relegation in 99.
  • Options

I am a firm believer of the 'get Roland out brigade' and hopefully the press are on our side - which we need them to be , but when you get 12 year old idiots running around on a conference side pitch and letting off flares and abusing stewards , I don't think it does the 'Roland out cause' any good at all. well done to the bloke who grabbed the little shit and gave him over to the stewards

That assumes that any of their behaviour was linked to getting Roland out.

As I remember we have kids throwing flares, maybe even at Welling, long before CARD or any anti-Roland protests.

Now, by some strange logic ANY misbehaviour is down to CARD and the protests.

CARD were responsible for us being turfed out of The Valley in '85.
    and the move to Southend in 1923
    Cardford Southend. Even in them days they were determined to change our colours. Mind, you everyone knew that denim & seahawk wouldn't catch on.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

Well having had a quick social media round up, many congratulations to CARD yesterday with their unbelievably lifelike disguises as 12 year old boys.

You think those are good, wait to you see the thousands of red seat disguises CARD apparently have planned for this season.

the first pitch invader was much older than 12.

I paid to watch a game of football not idiots wrecking the afternoon. BTW cans were also thrown at the Welling goalkeeper.

If you don't like a new manager putting out a very much British Isles team stay away from the club and work to find a new buyer who has real money to buy it.

Getting punishment from the Football League for match disruption does not help the cause.

CARD needs to be positive not negative.
    CARD has been nothing but positive. You've got to remember CARD is an amalgamation of a number of bodies (some official like the supporters trust). It cannot be responsible for the odd few fans who still want to be 'reckless' in their approach.

CARD also hasn't really attacked or vilified anyone still going to games or who support the regime. It called for a season ticket boycott, but it hasn't rammed it down anyone's throat. I know of several CARD members on here that may disagree with my choice to renew my season ticket, but I can't think of one instance where anyone has abusive to me for making that decision
  • Options
    CARD is exactly what it says - a coalition. There is definitely a 'party line' that most seem to follow but it's not exactly rigorously enforced, as ultimately by whatever means everyone involved wants the same thing - a Belgian-less CAFC.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

CARD is exactly what it says - a coalition. There is definitely a 'party line' that most seem to follow but it's not exactly rigorously enforced, as ultimately by whatever means everyone involved wants the same thing - a Belgian-less CAFC.

The funniest thing I've ever read on CL.

(Laughing at the words, not sentiment)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can we just clear something up.

Was Saturday at Welling anything to do with CARD?
  • Options

Yes it wasn't.
  • Options

What bit?

The kid throwing a smoke bomb on the pitch for no reason, the three kids who run on the pitch for no reason, or the kid that spat / pretended to spit on a stewards head?

What do you reckon mate !