Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 'fans' behind the goal vs Welling

Comments

• Options

It was probably a load of local shits with nothing better to do on Saturday. I bet only a couple were even Charlton 'fans' and the rest supported other clubs. Can't even afford to get too and into the valley on a Saturday so won't even see them this year. Wouldn't worry about it.

except that they bought flares before the game so quite deliberate
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

I'm glad there's not been an overreaction to the whole thing

glad you like understatement.

The first pitch invader was captured on the game video.

Hope he's banned from the Valley.

Throwing flares or smoke bombs is a criminal act and, if convicted, could result in a big fine or jail and will affect employment prospects.
    Wow
  • Options
    Off_it said:

What flares?

Seriously. Do people not understand the difference between a flare and a smoke bomb?

To me theres a whole world of difference. Both will hurt if they hit you on the head, but they "work" in totally different ways.

I wouldn't say a whole world of difference.

More like comparing a dildo with a vibrator. Or so I've been told.
  • Options
    What?

Pure Mania was the archetypal Punk album. Ira Robbins described the album as a "treasure trove of memorable ditties".
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    In my view, club employees should not post on social media. Frustrating as this may be for them, I'm afraid this goes with the territory, particularly as players are free to say what they like when they like.
  • Options

Addickted said:

CAFCOlly said:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=bnvOt7A8jd4

I knew I recognised them from somewhere.

Is it just me, but why do so many white kids in London talk like they're the 'Windrush generation'
    Adopting outsider language for status.

Yes, I've been helping my son with his English Language A Level revision.
    But then you have an English degree. degree
  • Options

In my view, club employees should not post on social media. Frustrating as this may be for them, I'm afraid this goes with the territory, particularly as players are free to say what they like when they like.

Disagree. I think that they provide interesting and useful information and clarification especially in these unique times.

What we need is more two way communication not less and I think Olly and Mick walk a very thin line very well in order to do that despite what must be the strong temptation to react to some of the nasty and mindless abuse they receive.

Spot on Henry.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

My concern with flares and pitch invasions by individuals. and chanting anti regime songs at a pre-season friendly is that it will continue into the season, because the mantra of wanting the Belgiums out is now so ingrained into the mentality of a lot of Charlton supporters. The theme of support the team, not the regime is clearly not working. The chanting of we want Roland out, and other less savory songs against the regime during the game is NOT supporting the team. Players will be affected by such behaviour. The only way to support the team is to sing songs supporting the team, throughout the game. Any other songs about the regime should be saved for the West Stand carpark, before and after the game.

I would like to see all anti-regime chanting to stop within the game, only then could Charlton fans say we support the team and not the regime.

Clearly you're wrong as the chants happened and yet we won 4 - 1.

So either the chants help the players or what is more likely they have no impact on results either way.

If you don't like the protest, or if you do, then fine but don't hide behind "it affects the players" because all the evidence say no it doesn't.
    Come on, Henry, you know that without the chants we'd have won 8-1.
  • Options

Disagree. I think that they provide interesting and useful information and clarification especially in these unique times.

What we need is more two way communication not less and I think Olly and Mick walk a very thin line very well in order to do that despite what must be the strong temptation to react to some of the nasty and mindless abuse they receive.

It's a real Catch 22 isn't it. If you work for the club and do your job well you can't avoid supporting Duchatelet. Which makes any communication you make as a fan suspect.
    Glad I don't have to square that circle.
  • Options

Fuck me we are divided. Don't know where this will end
    And don't say when the regime leaves couse it could take fuckin years

It would be a bloody dull forum if everyone agreed all the time.
    Oh no it wouldn't.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Crusty54 said:

I'm glad there's not been an overreaction to the whole thing

glad you like understatement.

The first pitch invader was captured on the game video.

Hope he's banned from the Valley.

Throwing flares or smoke bombs is a criminal act and, if convicted, could result in a big fine or jail and will affect employment prospects.
    Wow
    Ditto.
  • Options

Not to mention the guy who picked up our GoPro camera from inside the goal and tried shoving it in his bag. Luckily our camerman apprehended him.
    Embarassed by a lot of what went on today.

As a professional I understand why you don't post criticism of the idiots running our club, on this site but you're pretty quick to jump on, as a fan, to criticise fellow supporters.
    Olly sides with the regime. Understand that as his employed by them. But smarmy comments and being over critical of fans support has been noticed. I'd steer clear of commenting on fans in the future.
    My comments regarding today were as a lifelong supporter and as somebody who has gone to pretty much every one of these Welling fixtures over the last decade. Whether I worked for the club or not, I was embarrassed by what I saw and I expressed that opinion.

Not sure about smarmy, but I'll agree I criticised a section of our support last season when they jeered and cheered a certain player's substitution, as did many others, and I stand by that, once again, as a supporter.
    Past that, I'm not sure when else I've been over critical?
    Indeed, I praised our support countless times via social media last season and will always do so.

I do understand that any comment I make on here or on social media will come under scrutiny or even get people's backs up and I get that it might be hard for people to seperate the employee from the fan, particularly at times like these.

With that in mind, I'll try my best to stick to business on here. I don't ever, nor would I ever wish to wind anybody up. There's enough squabbling going on around here as it is!

As a lifelong supporter what do you make of how the club has been run for the last two years?
  • Options

My concern with flares and pitch invasions by individuals. and chanting anti regime songs at a pre-season friendly is that it will continue into the season, because the mantra of wanting the Belgiums out is now so ingrained into the mentality of a lot of Charlton supporters. The theme of support the team, not the regime is clearly not working. The chanting of we want Roland out, and other less savory songs against the regime during the game is NOT supporting the team. Players will be affected by such behaviour. The only way to support the team is to sing songs supporting the team, throughout the game. Any other songs about the regime should be saved for the West Stand carpark, before and after the game.

I would like to see all anti-regime chanting to stop within the game, only then could Charlton fans say we support the team and not the regime.

Posting without reading the many pages on this thread.

Just a thought here, maybe the players are on our side wanting this regime gone as well as a lot of us.
    Roland and co have given them a relegation on their cv's and probably effected their careers and earnings now and in the future.
    I've heard it all now!

Ffs!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Essex_Al said:

Posting without reading the many pages on this thread.

Just a thought here, maybe the players are on our side wanting this regime gone as well as a lot of us.
    Roland and co have given them a relegation on their cv's and probably effected their careers and earnings now and in the future.
    I've heard it all now!

Ffs!
    What!!!!. Relegation and they are off...only the supporters that care or the likes of those players with a strong affinity to the club..
    perhaps that's why Bergdich stayed at home!.
  • Options
    This thread seems to be a good way of identifying who used to be pwopa naughty when they were younger...
  • Options

Welling has seen it before.

Still the best bit of football banter EVER...
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

It was probably a load of local shits with nothing better to do on Saturday. I bet only a couple were even Charlton 'fans' and the rest supported other clubs. Can't even afford to get too and into the valley on a Saturday so won't even see them this year. Wouldn't worry about it.

except that they bought flares before the game so quite deliberate
    Yeah I bet they held meetings in their tree house for months to go too all the meticulous plannig. Surprised Mi5 didn't act sooner to stop it.
  • Options

And indeed the mindless behaviour of the people above them.
    You can say that, they couldn't possibly comment