Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 'fans' behind the goal vs Welling

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

My concern with flares and pitch invasions by individuals. and chanting anti regime songs at a pre-season friendly is that it will continue into the season, because the mantra of wanting the Belgiums out is now so ingrained into the mentality of a lot of Charlton supporters. The theme of support the team, not the regime is clearly not working. The chanting of we want Roland out, and other less savory songs against the regime during the game is NOT supporting the team. Players will be affected by such behaviour. The only way to support the team is to sing songs supporting the team, throughout the game. Any other songs about the regime should be saved for the West Stand carpark, before and after the game.

I would like to see all anti-regime chanting to stop within the game, only then could Charlton fans say we support the team and not the regime.

I don't get this, you can support the team and not the regime, the two aren't mutually exclusive. Seems like a couple of decent signings this summer and people are ready to let them off the hook. What happens on the pitch this season is important for the short term - getting this regime out is vitally important for the long term future of our club. Let us not forget that a couple of our best wins at home last season were in matches where our protests were the strongest.
    I think they are, within the stadium. It's nothing to do with the signings we have made, I have held these views throughout last season too. All the anti-regime stuff should occur outside of 1500-1700 inside the ground. Any other stance can't be called supporting the team, not the regime.
    Were you at Middlesbrough at home ? I think as fans we like to think our support has a direct influence on the outcome of the match. In reality I doubt that, other in very specific circumstances, it actually does. I really don't think that a few thousand people rattling around in a 27,000 seater stadium watching a third tier match is one of those circumstances.
    Yes I was. I now live in Manchester, and only missed 5 games, home and away all season. I go back to a point I made in an earlier post, supporters can point to individual games where the anti-regime noise did not appear to affect the performance on the pitch, but identifying these one off games as an arguement that they do not affect the performance over the whole season is not statistically significant. I'm off to Austria on Thursday, and if I can get close enough to the players I will quiz them on this issue.
    I think that topic was covered with numerous players at the POTY dinner.
    Confidence and mental strength are difficult things to quantify. How do the England team explain their poor performance in the Euros, they can't explain why they performed so poorly themselves, there are so many factors to explore. So at least by removing one factor, the constant bile against the regime shown by the fans in the stadium, they won't have that excuse. ( even tho' you said it had no effect on the players at the dinner. Would you expect them to tell you the truth?)
  • Options
    Good job it didn't end up to what happened with a Blackpool pre season friendly from last year, otherwise the Internet would have crashed 2 hours ago!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33493919
  • Options
    Off message i know but was squirrel face there? If so, where did she sit and did she have the usual security guard with her?
  • Options

Off message i know but was squirrel face there? If so, where did she sit and did she have the usual security guard with her?

She was there in the second row.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Off_it said:

My concern with flares and pitch invasions by individuals. and chanting anti regime songs at a pre-season friendly is that it will continue into the season, because the mantra of wanting the Belgiums out is now so ingrained into the mentality of a lot of Charlton supporters. The theme of support the team, not the regime is clearly not working. The chanting of we want Roland out, and other less savory songs against the regime during the game is NOT supporting the team. Players will be affected by such behaviour. The only way to support the team is to sing songs supporting the team, throughout the game. Any other songs about the regime should be saved for the West Stand carpark, before and after the game.

I would like to see all anti-regime chanting to stop within the game, only then could Charlton fans say we support the team and not the regime.

Well I would like to see the anti-regime chanting during a match upped.

But we will have to agree to disagree on that one my friend.
    But surely you have not renewed your season ticket, so you won't be there. Continuing the theme, I would rather have 8000 supporters getting fully behind the team, to achieve promotion back to the Championship. All our actions should be concerned with supporting the team, to achieve what we all, deep down in our hearts, desire.
    You're right, I haven't renewed my season ticket. Does that worry you? Because it should.

Doesn't stop me going to away games, does it?
  • Options
    Addickted said:

CAFCOlly said:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=bnvOt7A8jd4

I knew I recognised them from somewhere.

Is it just me, but why do so many white kids in London talk like they're the 'Windrush generation'
    The Windrush people were proper working class people. Those white kids need to aspire to that.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Stig said:

I wasn't there this afternoon. Were these kids protesting or just clowning around?

Just clowning about. No big deal.

Quite funny really.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:

Just to the right of the "Squirrel advertising board"
    LOL! Fantastic!
  • Options

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

I don't get this, you can support the team and not the regime, the two aren't mutually exclusive. Seems like a couple of decent signings this summer and people are ready to let them off the hook. What happens on the pitch this season is important for the short term - getting this regime out is vitally important for the long term future of our club. Let us not forget that a couple of our best wins at home last season were in matches where our protests were the strongest.
    I think they are, within the stadium. It's nothing to do with the signings we have made, I have held these views throughout last season too. All the anti-regime stuff should occur outside of 1500-1700 inside the ground. Any other stance can't be called supporting the team, not the regime.
    Were you at Middlesbrough at home ? I think as fans we like to think our support has a direct influence on the outcome of the match. In reality I doubt that, other in very specific circumstances, it actually does. I really don't think that a few thousand people rattling around in a 27,000 seater stadium watching a third tier match is one of those circumstances.
    Yes I was. I now live in Manchester, and only missed 5 games, home and away all season. I go back to a point I made in an earlier post, supporters can point to individual games where the anti-regime noise did not appear to affect the performance on the pitch, but identifying these one off games as an arguement that they do not affect the performance over the whole season is not statistically significant. I'm off to Austria on Thursday, and if I can get close enough to the players I will quiz them on this issue.
    It was. Pope told me he thought it actually helped us as our players were expecting it but the other side weren't.

Solly said it didn't bother them.
    Well I was on Henson's table and he told us that he couldn't understand it, and it pi**ed him off.

So not all the players were unconcerned...
  • Options

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Confidence and mental strength are difficult things to quantify. How do the England team explain their poor performance in the Euros, they can't explain why they performed so poorly themselves, there are so many factors to explore. So at least by removing one factor, the constant bile against the regime shown by the fans in the stadium, they won't have that excuse. ( even tho' you said it had no effect on the players at the dinner. Would you expect them to tell you the truth?)
    No, sorry you are not getting away with that nonsense.

YOU said you'd ask then players.

When I was pointed out that they had already said it didn't matter to them you then very quickly make a 180 degree turn and claim they are unable to make a rational assessment themselves.

The give away in you statement is "constant bile".

Only it wasn't constant and it was protest.

You are desperately trying to blame anyone but the real culprits which is the regime.

Time to stop deflecting blame on the fans. They didn't get the club relegated, buy the wrong players or appoint incompetent coaches, Katrien and Roland did. They are to blame and no one else.
    My mistake, constant bile was too strong, I apologise. I'm just finishing off a bottle of wine. People always advise you never to e-mail after a few drinks! I do blame the regime for aspects of our predicament, poor player recruitment, appointment of sub-standard managers being some of the obvious flaws. However, it is my team, and yours, and I'm trying to find a way forward to revitalise our team and fans, and one obvious way is to support the team in the stadium, and that means no anti-regime stuff going on during the match.
  • Options

And yet our best results at home last season came in the games that were most disrupted.
  • Options

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

When I was pointed out that they had already said it didn't matter to them you then very quickly make a 180 degree turn and claim they are unable to make a rational assessment themselves.

You are desperately trying to blame anyone but the real culprits which is the regime.

Time to stop deflecting blame on the fans. They didn't get the club relegated, buy the wrong players or appoint incompetent coaches, Katrien and Roland did. They are to blame and no one else.
    My mistake, constant bile was too strong, I apologise. I'm just finishing off a bottle of wine. People always advise you never to e-mail after a few drinks! I do blame the regime for aspects of our predicament, poor player recruitment, appointment of sub-standard managers being some of the obvious flaws. However, it is my team, and yours, and I'm trying to find a way forward to revitalise our team and fans, and one obvious way is to support the team in the stadium, and that means no anti-regime stuff going on during the match.
    Trouble is that's the only place the fans and regime are in the same place at the same time. If people are inclined to protest against them directly it's pretty much the only opportunity.
  • Options
    Won't be long before we see Charlton fans fighting each other at games.

It seems there's a growing divide between those who want to protest at games and those who think the protests (if there are any at all) should be kept outside the ground.

I should also add that some people (noticeably on the facebook group and Colin on here) believe that the smoke bombs today were down to CARD. I'm absolutely certain (and i'm sure someone can confirm this) that CARD had nothing to do with it.
  • Options

It seems there's a growing divide between those who want to protest at games and those who think the protests (if there are any at all) should be kept outside the ground.

I should also add that some people (noticeably on the facebook group and Colin on here) believe that the smoke bombs today were down to CARD. I'm absolutely certain (and i'm sure someone can confirm this) that CARD had nothing to do with it.

D'you want some?
  • Options

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

It was. Pope told me he thought it actually helped us as our players were expecting it but the other side weren't.

Well I was on Henson's table and he told us that he couldn't understand it, and it pi**ed him off.

Who the fuck's Henson???
    Sorry, spell checker...

Hendo's
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Colin's a 24 carat helm.
  • Options

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Who the fuck's Henson???
    Jim. Run's a Muppet Workshop.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Fair enough. I think all fans want the team to do well.

I certainly want us to win every game, corner and throw in.

But for the team to do well the club needs to be well run.

If it was just about crowd noise Leeds would win every game but they don't.

It isn't as simple as "let's get behind the team and they will win". England have great away support and numbers at every match but we all know that hasn't resulted in great success on the pitch.

It's good, fit players, playing as a team and to a consistent system imposed by an experienced and respected MANAGER who in turn is given the right resources (time, money, people) by the CEO and owner with a realistic plan that really matters in the long term.

Exactly
  • Options

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Who the fuck's Henson???
    Wasn't he that welsh rugby twat who was knobbing charlotte church?
  • Options

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Who the fuck's Henson???
    Jim
  • Options
    Stig said:

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Who the fuck's Henson???
    Jim. Run's a Muppet Workshop.
    I thought that was the Douchbag :wink:
  • Options
    Have CARD released any statement regarding the trouble at the Welling match today?
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Not only is that the case regarding today, but CARD has never supported or arranged the chucking of smoke bombs or flares, or for that matter endorsed pitch invasions. There was nothing organised by CARD today, neither will there be at Bromley.