Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 'fans' behind the goal vs Welling

Comments

• Options

There were 4 people on the pitch I believe. The eldest looked about 14-15 and was running around on his own. The 3 that ran on from the main stand looked about 10 at the most.

This is being blown out of all proportion. Yes its all a bit sad at a friendly game vs Welling, but it really isn't the end of days some are making it out to be.

You should have heard the miserable old codgers sitting behind me! They basically advocating a public execution!

From the video I have seen they certainly appear older than that.

So you're happy that flares are being thrown on the pitch then?

Don't worry its just a few youngsters having a laugh!
  • Options
    edited July 2016

JohnnyH2 said:

Not to mention the guy who picked up our GoPro camera from inside the goal and tried shoving it in his bag. Luckily our camerman apprehended him.
    Embarassed by a lot of what went on today.

Absolute right Olly the less than 10 idiots who either threw flares on the pitch or ran on the pitch were a total embarrassment and have no place in our club.

In the same way many fans were embarrassed when the department you are a part of put up the wrong picture when remember a desceaed player in front of his own family.

Many fans were embarrassed when the club communicated a sex stunt on the Valley Pitch.

And I join you in the embarrassment of all of those things.
    Not really relevent to what we're discussing here though Johnny
    When your employers won't take responsibility for their own actions, you could argue it's wrong for their employees to point fingers at others. In that respect, it's entirely relevant.
    Too fucking right.

Olly sounds like a decent fella. But he's on the wrong horse.
  • Options
    Fuck me we are divided. Don't know where this will end
    And don't say when the regime leaves couse it could take fuckin years
  • Options

It would be a bloody dull forum if everyone agreed all the time.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

JohnnyH2 said:

Not to mention the guy who picked up our GoPro camera from inside the goal and tried shoving it in his bag. Luckily our camerman apprehended him.

Absolute right Olly the less than 10 idiots who either threw

You are right about the cameraman acting quickly as I saw that. I was also very surprised Mr Adamson did not pick the camera up and start filming his fellow fans like after the Boro game or at the training ground
  • Options
    Off it, we know you're a wind up merchant, but sometimes you can be a real plank!

Lets hope the idiots throwing flares don't hit you, a family member or a mate in the process then. But its ok you'll just laugh it off wont you?
  • Options

It would be a bloody dull forum if everyone agreed all the time.
    I agree
  • Options
    Off_it said:

My concern with flares and pitch invasions by individuals. and chanting anti regime songs at a pre-season friendly is that it will continue into the season, because the mantra of wanting the Belgiums out is now so ingrained into the mentality of a lot of Charlton supporters. The theme of support the team, not the regime is clearly not working. The chanting of we want Roland out, and other less savory songs against the regime during the game is NOT supporting the team. Players will be affected by such behaviour. The only way to support the team is to sing songs supporting the team, throughout the game. Any other songs about the regime should be saved for the West Stand carpark, before and after the game.

I would like to see all anti-regime chanting to stop within the game, only then could Charlton fans say we support the team and not the regime.

Well I would like to see the anti-regime chanting during a match upped.

But we will have to agree to disagree on that one my friend.
    But surely you have not renewed your season ticket, so you won't be there. Continuing the theme, I would rather have 8000 supporters getting fully behind the team, to achieve promotion back to the Championship. All our actions should be concerned with supporting the team, to achieve what we all, deep down in our hearts, desire.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Essex_Al said:

Off it, we know you're a wind up merchant, but sometimes you can be a real plank!

Lets hope the idiots throwing flares don't hit you, a family member or a mate in the process then. But its ok you'll just laugh it off wont you?

Behave, who even came remotely close to being "hit" by a flare ? They were so tame I think the Welling 'keeper even took a goal kick whilst one fizzled out in his six yard box !
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Essex_Al said:

Behave, who even came remotely close to being "hit" by a flare ? They were so tame I think the Welling 'keeper even took a goal kick whilst one fizzled out in his six yard box !
    No, of course not today in the open spaces of Welling, but how many times have items been thrown from the North Upper that have hit people in the lower!
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Essex_Al said:

Let's be clear. Throwing "flares" (smoke bombs actually, so not quite the same, but let's go with it) at Welling from tens yards from the pitch and into an empty space and lobbing one out of the upper tier of the North, for example, aren't quite the same thing, are they?

There's such a thing as proportion.

But nice to know you're keeping tabs on me mate. How's Paul? Not been over to the dark side for a while now. I got a life.
    ;-)
    Chins up
  • Options

My concern with flares and pitch invasions by individuals. and chanting anti regime songs at a pre-season friendly is that it will continue into the season, because the mantra of wanting the Belgiums out is now so ingrained into the mentality of a lot of Charlton supporters. The theme of support the team, not the regime is clearly not working. The chanting of we want Roland out, and other less savory songs against the regime during the game is NOT supporting the team. Players will be affected by such behaviour. The only way to support the team is to sing songs supporting the team, throughout the game. Any other songs about the regime should be saved for the West Stand carpark, before and after the game.

I would like to see all anti-regime chanting to stop within the game, only then could Charlton fans say we support the team and not the regime.

Clearly you're wrong as the chants happened and yet we won 4 - 1.

So either the chants help the players or what is more likely they have no impact on results either way on results.

If you don't like the protest, or if you do, then fine but don't hide behind "it affects the players" because all the evidence say no it doesn't.
    It's the drip drip effect of negativity that concerns me, one game is not statistically relevant, but 50+ games might be.
  • Options
    You know we are missing you!
  • Options

Clearly you're wrong as the chants happened and yet we won 4 - 1.

So either the chants help the players or what is more likely they have no impact on results either way on results.

If you don't like the protest, or if you do, then fine but don't hide behind "it affects the players" because all the evidence say no it doesn't.
    It's the drip drip effect of negativity that concerns me, one game is not statistically relevant, but 50+ games might be.
    Let's hope so.

If there are enough drips then even the blind might see.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I don't get this, you can support the team and not the regime, the two aren't mutually exclusive. Seems like a couple of decent signings this summer and people are ready to let them off the hook. What happens on the pitch this season is important for the short term - getting this regime out is vitally important for the long term future of our club. Let us not forget that a couple of our best wins at home last season were in matches where our protests were the strongest.
    I think they are, within the stadium. It's nothing to do with the signings we have made, I have held these views throughout last season too. All the anti-regime stuff should occur outside of 1500-1700 inside the ground. Any other stance can't be called supporting the team, not the regime.
  • Options
    The main mischief maker looked 18 or 19 and dragged a steward on to the floor on the terracing. That's assault.

Hardly a ten year old running round saying look at me I've been on the pitch. If he had of ran on then ran off and laughed it off it may have been no biggy. But he ran back on the pitch again.
  • Options
    Point of order. There wasn't a single "flare" thrown today. They were smoke bombs.
    Essex_Al said:

There were 4 people on the pitch I believe. The eldest looked about 14-15 and was running around on his own. The 3 that ran on from the main stand looked about 10 at the most.

This is being blown out of all proportion. Yes its all a bit sad at a friendly game vs Welling, but it really isn't the end of days some are making it out to be.

You should have heard the miserable old codgers sitting behind me! They basically advocating a public execution!

From the video I have seen they certainly appear older than that.

So you're happy that flares are being thrown on the pitch then?

Don't worry its just a few youngsters having a laugh!
    Where did I say I was happy with it? I said its all a bit sad. Bit of a difference wouldn't you say?

What I said was it has been blown up out of all proportion.

As the 3 little oiks that ran on from the main stand were sitting in the row infront of me, I'll stand by my "10 years old" comment thanks.

• Options
    Chill out everyone ,we're supposed to be on the same side
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Essex_Al said:

You know we are missing you!

Cheers mate, that means a lot!

(and yes, I know you meant "missing" in the same sense as you would "miss" genital warts, but I still love ya!)
  • Options

se9addick said:

I don't get this, you can support the team and not the regime, the two aren't mutually exclusive. Seems like a couple of decent signings this summer and people are ready to let them off the hook. What happens on the pitch this season is important for the short term - getting this regime out is vitally important for the long term future of our club. Let us not forget that a couple of our best wins at home last season were in matches where our protests were the strongest.
    I think they are, within the stadium. It's nothing to do with the signings we have made, I have held these views throughout last season too. All the anti-regime stuff should occur outside of 1500-1700 inside the ground. Any other stance can't be called supporting the team, not the regime.
    Were you at Middlesbrough at home ? I think as fans we like to think our support has a direct influence on the outcome of the match. In reality I doubt that, other in very specific circumstances, it actually does. I really don't think that a few thousand people rattling around in a 27,000 seater stadium watching a third tier match is one of those circumstances.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I'd be more embarrassed to work for this regime.
    Bit unfair.

Work for the club you love... We'd all do that. Especially considering Olly woz ere long before the regime.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

Absolute right Olly the less than 10 idiots who either threw flares on the pitch or ran on the pitch were a total embarrassment and have no place in our club.

In the same way many fans were embarrassed when the department you are a part of put up the wrong picture when remember a desceaed player in front of his own family.

Many fans were embarrassed when the club communicated a sex stunt on the Valley Pitch.

Turn it in.

• Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Were you at Middlesbrough at home ? I think as fans we like to think our support has a direct influence on the outcome of the match. In reality I doubt that, other in very specific circumstances, it actually does. I really don't think that a few thousand people rattling around in a 27,000 seater stadium watching a third tier match is one of those circumstances.
    Yes I was. I now live in Manchester, and only missed 5 games, home and away all season. I go back to a point I made in an earlier post, supporters can point to individual games where the anti-regime noise did not appear to affect the performance on the pitch, but identifying these one off games as an arguement that they do not affect the performance over the whole season is not statistically significant. I'm off to Austria on Thursday, and if I can get close enough to the players I will quiz them on this issue.
  • Options

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Yes I was. I now live in Manchester, and only missed 5 games, home and away all season. I go back to a point I made in an earlier post, supporters can point to individual games where the anti-regime noise did not appear to affect the performance on the pitch, but identifying these one off games as an arguement that they do not affect the performance over the whole season is not statistically significant. I'm off to Austria on Thursday, and if I can get close enough to the players I will quiz them on this issue.
    I think that topic was covered with numerous players at the POTY dinner.
  • Options
    I wasn't there this afternoon. Were these kids protesting or just clowning around?