Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

match thread Addicks v's welling (9/7/16)

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2016
    we have needed a big bustling centre forward for many years.

he will be up against defenders who hopefully will struggle against his pace and awareness, as shown yesterday

• Options
    It's the first friendly of the whole preseason, a ball hasn't been kicked in anger, no real training or fitness work has got underway... some players may look like they could shed a few pounds but they probably will do. If the week before the first game Ajose still has a tyre round his middle, THAT'S when I will worry.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

It's the first friendly of the whole preseason, a ball hasn't been kicked in anger, no real training or fitness work has got underway... some players may look like they could shed a few pounds but they probably will do. If the week before the first game Ajose still has a tyre round his middle, THAT'S when I will worry.

Dare I say it, like a certain Breton striker we had, that always came back to a new season looking over weight, as many mentioned on this forum
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

he was looking very sharp yesterday and moving well
  • Options
    I'm told some of the players were wearing fitness monitors under their shirts. What they usually wear in those sports bras during training. They monitor heart rate and movement and are useful for analysis after the game. This probably made the players look a little bulkier.
  • Options
    That's a good point.

Don't they normally wear those around their chest rather than their stomach?
  • Options

I'm told some of the players were wearing fitness monitors under their shirts. What they usually wear in those sports bras during training. They monitor heart rate and movement and are useful for analysis after the game. This probably made the players look a little bulkier.

Yeah I noticed that on the top of the back of their shirts.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Found out last night that I know Ajose' father in law, big man city fan

Is it you who support Man City, your father in law or Ajose?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:

DA9 said:

Found out last night that I know Ajose' father in law, big man city fan

Is it you who support Man City, your father in law or Ajose?
    He was born near Manchester, no surprises

Rather a fat 5'6" bloke terrorising defences and scoring hat-tricks than a 6'7" bloke who barely had a shot at goal in a whole season.

If you're looking for an overweight stocky lad at 5'8'', I am available on a free...
  • Options
    signing on bonus?
  • Options
    My impression of the game was that the new boys showed well, the trialists need to improve. Of the Old boys Cousins looked OK put some good passes in. Cebellos over hit his crosses and was robbed of the ball to easily.
    The defence has not improved and something needs to be done quickly about improving it.
  • Options

I see, so we're just a short overweight team wearing sports bras..

Nothing to worry about this season then.
  • Options

I see, so we're just a short overweight team wearing sports bras..

Nothing to worry about this season then.

If it's height you want, we can always get Makienok and Sarr back...
  • Options

Overall i thought the second half team looked solid, not overly sure about pike.
    Thought both thomas and holmes dennis looked ready for the step up.
    Ricky holmes could become a favourite wuite quickly and thought that he, novak, ajose and ceballos worked well as an attacking threat!
    Really impressed with ceballos, seemed a different player and one who wanted to play.

Don't panic Captain Mannering.

Sorry i can't resist.

• Options
    Oi that's Private.

Private Pike to you.