Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

match thread Addicks v's welling (9/7/16)

Comments

• Options
    Cousins will be hard to replace next year if we go up! Keep him till Christmas at least and see where we are then!
  • Options

sam3110 said:

CAFCdamo said:

sam3110 said:

Only one thing wrong with this game, what the fuck is Ajose doing with his shorts?

Haven't seen it but is he doing the Ronaldo thing where he tucks them in to look like a pair of pants? Seen loads of players doing this recently.
    Yep, tucking the shorts right up, but only on one side at a time
    Hmmm.

This has to be the latest dastardly ploy to get more of us Charlton ladeez to renew our season tickets .....

Stand firm, Fanny. Surely they can't buy you off with just a bit of beefcake?
  • Options
    edited July 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2MyIvxPjok

Really nice ball from Holmes for the third goal. Good to see Novak beat the offside trap twice as well.

Welling's 'defence' isn't worthy of the name.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Very good interview giving by RS on BBC Radio London after the game-:

https://twitter.com/BBCLondonSport/status/751815196679831552

Interesting that he says no transfers out have been agreed.
  • Options

Just watched the highlights and unless my monitor is distorted that is the fattest Charlton XI for some time.

(Are they all on the same Guinness and pie diet as the manager?)

Was thinking the same - Ajose looks very hefty. Maybe the new kit is padded to repel flares?
  • Options
    Yes. Agree interview was good. If the bloke is backed, I am confident he will take us back up. Not yet confident he will be backed though. The owner has to cover the loss his mistakes have caused and whilst I would accept JBG going, Cousins needs to stay!
  • Options
    I must say that I am mightily impressed with Russell Slade. It seems that he is saying all the right things. Let us hope that by the end of August the owner provides us with a squad capable of promotion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    stonemuse said:

He certainly comes across so well ...and already knows more about our club than our owners ever will.
    He seems to care about our history.
    Already a schism developing with the hierarchy? :wink:
  • Options

Unlike their previous appointments (maybe other than Riga) he genuinely seems to like, respect and know the club. It isn't about him and what he can do, more about what the was and should be again. His enthusiasm is also infectious.......in fact when he speaks he is slightly reminiscent of our last English manager.
  • Options

Just watched the highlights and unless my monitor is distorted that is the fattest Charlton XI for some time.

I think it's the skin tight shirts making them look fater
  • Options
    Really like him. He's a proper football manager and doesn't seem to have a big ego. You could say very much a Charlton man.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Really like him. He's a proper football manager and doesn't seem to have a big ego. You could say very much a Charlton man.

I really like Slade but can't see the regime backing him.
  • Options

Was thinking the same - Ajose looks very hefty. Maybe the new kit is padded to repel flares?

...or in Fanny's case, to repel boarders !

• Options
    I did hear Jacko shout "move the ball faster teriq, fuck sake" during the second half.

• Options
    B

...or in Fanny's case, to repel boarders !

behave.
  • Options

Some of them may have had there heart monitors on under their shirts.

Certainly Ajose looked to have his on...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

You must be watching in wide screen Grumps!
  • Options

Thanks a lot for posting @Redmidland . A really good interview, which reflects both RS's infectious enthusiasm for the job (and, boy, do we all need some of that) and his vast knowledge and experience of the game. The latter clearly befit a guy with over 750 games under his belt as a manager - how good would it be if he could eventually join Lenny in the '1,000 club' whilst still with us. In Roland's world, of course, someone would need to manage a minimum of 20 or so clubs to get near that figure.

RS strikes me as the sort of guy who will command the players' respect and someone who they will really want to play for him. I also liked his casual reference to "some derogatory offers" for our players - let's hope that RD and KM take at least some note of his advice, rather than continuing to pursue the ridiculously short term approach adopted thus far.
  • Options
    Slade definitely talks the talk , hopefully he can walk the walk!
    He's a very positive manager/coach, with a good mentality - something that hopefully won't be broken by RD&KM , as I would expect he will be the first to 'break' should things get very tough again!
  • Options
    Blucher said:

Thanks a lot for posting @Redmidland . A really good interview, which reflects both RS's infectious enthusiasm for the job (and, boy, do we all need some of that) and his vast knowledge and experience of the game. The latter clearly befit a guy with over 750 games under his belt as a manager - how good would it be if he could eventually join Lenny in the '1,000 club' whilst still with us. In Roland's world, of course, someone would need to manage a minimum of 20 or so clubs to get near that figure.

RS strikes me as the sort of guy who will command the players' respect and someone who they will really want to play for him. I also liked his casual reference to "some derogatory offers" for our players - let's hope that RD and KM take at least some note of his advice, rather than continuing to pursue the ridiculously short term approach adopted thus far.
    He probably meant 'derisory' offers.
  • Options
    He may, indeed, have said that !
  • Options
    Found out last night that I know Ajose' father in law, big man city fan
  • Options
    If scores for all 22 is a step too far, who played well?
  • Options

If scores for all 22 is a step too far, who played well?

For me, Buxton, Holmes, Novak, Ajose, Muldoon and Jackson stood out for different, good, reasons. No-one looked really poor (in a charlton shirt at least) however Harriott overhit every cross playing on the right hand side, KAG didn't do much apart from show off his pace once or twice, Tex gave away the pen after THD made a mistake and Cousins misplaced a couple of simplish passes, but most of it looked like rustiness from the time off rather than being rubbish overall
  • Options

Novak looks as though, he is carrying more excess timber than Ajose. .