Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BETDAQ New Principal Partner (Shirt Sponsor) - Confirmed

Comments

• Options
    when they find out what a shit run club this is bet they will be gone any odds , one firm to avoid , saved me a few bob
  • Options

Off_it said:

colin1961 said:

Good deal for the club , you have to move with the times .
    Well done charlton ........

If you think it's good then it must be shit. Because you, Sir, are a wanker.
    Funniest line ever!

Be careful as you'll have Swisdom on your case.
    Lol

You couldn't resist
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Off_it said:

colin1961 said:

Funniest line ever!

Lol

You couldn't resist
    I could warm to you, you seem to have a sense of humour.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Off_it said:

colin1961 said:

Funniest line ever!

Lol

You couldn't resist
    Surely that is a prerequisite for being a Charlton fan

• Options

bobmunro said:

Getting on for 200 posts about a sponsor on a shirt that the vast majority of people on here weren't going to buy anyway.

Let's be honest, people would've moaned whoever the sponsor was simply because they've aligned themselves with our wonderful owners.

As others have said, half the premier league have betting companies sponsoring them so if it's good enough for them, why not us?

Because the club has previously taken a stance against betting companies being the shirt sponsor, for very good reasons. I know the club could of in the past received more money through these betting firms and still choose a different sponsor instead.
    But I also understand things and times change and the owners maybe are feeling the squeeze financial after their mismanagement and a relegation. Doesn't mean I have change my opinion that sponsor like theses are not good for the image of the club.
    We've nearly always had an 'Official Betting Partner' with links direct from the website, betting facilities in the ground, and we've always taken the schilling for perimeter advertising. Is the shirt really that much different?

I would say that yes it is significantly different.

I'm an occasional gambler and it is quite legal but then so is safe sex but we wouldn't want Durex as main shirt sponsors even though it's a product many of us might have used.

There are two separate issues here.

1. Any shirt sponsor would have been seen as a target by protestors and more power to there elbows I say. Any sensible firm would have researched the club/fan relationship before signing a deal so would have expected some negative responses. betdaq either didn't or didn't think that they outweighed the advantages of the brand promotion it would bring.

2. The other issue is whether any betting firm would be a suitable main shirt sponsor at any time, regardless of regime. Not wanting the main shirt and stadium branding to be linked to gambling isn't the same as being against gambling.

I don't think it is the end of the world and it is far from the worse thing this regime has done. Other clubs have done it but I've always thought, naively perhaps, that we weren't just another club.

Why not Durex?

It could be said that we have a few pricks playing for us.
    Last season we also got shafted a few times too.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Off_it said:

colin1961 said:

Funniest line ever!

Lol

You couldn't resist
    Surely that is a prerequisite for being a Charlton fan

Swisdom actually seems like a decent fella.

I make him wrong on a few things, but he's one of us.

• Options
    colin1961 said:

Might have missed it but was wondering exactly what the deal was in financial terms for the club? Colin you have stated its a 'good deal' can you provide details of the financials v previous sponsors?
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited July 2016
    https://twitter.com/GlennSoutham

(See July 8 from Derek Mills. Head of Production & Content at Betdaq, Ireland)

Betdaq employees digging out Charlton supporters of the new team they are sponsoring.

Maybe an avoidance of Betdaq would be a good place to start when placing a bet as their Head of Production and content has so little understanding or care at what is happening at the club ?
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Ha, ha here we go again, it wouldn't matter if the Pope was sponsoring our shirts, you'd still find something to moan about or spin it to your advantage!

SHG, I'm surprised at you, you are one of the more sensible posters on here, but we only have BETDAQ as a sponsor because of CARD and the protests, that's laughable!

I very rarely gamble, but this company are sponsoring us for three years which in L1 is probably better than most. Thanks BETDAQ for the money and yes, lets hope it does help us get back to the Championship!

Good post. That told them!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Durex produced one of the best board advertisement ever.

A formula 1 car with Durex down the side and below the words "Durex, the small family car".

Got banned by the way.
  • Options

Kap10 said:

seth plum said:

Kap10 said:

Well all I can say is well done CARD and the protests. Seems the fan protests might have put off some other more natural Charlton partners and perhaps BETDAQ and their ilk was the easiest (only) best option.

Well all I can say is well done CARD and the protests. Seems the fan protests might have put off some other more natural Charlton partners and perhaps BETDAQ and their ilk was the easiest (only) best option.

Red7Oak said:

I thought we sold ourselves as a family club now we a pushing on line gambling! Surely the two don't go together! :-(

So we've gone from hey kids get yourself educated to nah sod it have a flutter instead?

I can't wait for the day this lot sell up.

Maybe if we had not pushed away the potential decent sponsors, we would not now be faced with the less savoury sponsors. I also suspect KM's view of us is rather tarnished having been called a C, slag, associated with the Nabby Sarr song, heard the incest song. perhaps in their desperation to getting funding they did not realise that the fanbase actually do believe we are a family club, albeit quite disfunctional!!
    We didn't push away potential decent sponsors, we the fans that is, the club did it themselves. Ask Data Techniques for one example amongst several.
    Don't delude yourself, the club are ultimately responsible but our fans wrote to companies that would have been acceptable, our fans sing the incest song, our fans used foul and abusive language ,... That is all encouragement for wholesome companies to sponsor us? In your dreams!!
    Plus squirrel face and Duchatelet are destroying Charlton Athletic Football Club.

As an aside, are you a season ticket holder next season?
    As an aside yes!
  • Options

Kap10 said:

Red7Oak said:

I thought we sold ourselves as a family club now we a pushing on line gambling! Surely the two don't go together! :-(

So we've gone from hey kids get yourself educated to nah sod it have a flutter instead?

I can't wait for the day this lot sell up.

Maybe if we had not pushed away the potential decent sponsors, we would not now be faced with the less savoury sponsors. I also suspect KM's view of us is rather tarnished having been called a C, slag, associated with the Nabby Sarr song, heard the incest song. perhaps in their desperation to getting funding they did not realise that the fanbase actually do believe we are a family club, albeit quite disfunctional!!
    Yet if you talk to some of the people who have been longstanding sponsors, one of their reasons for withdrawing is the poor attitude and lack of professional interest shown towards them by Katrien Meire. That has nothing to do with the fans.

If she had taken the trouble to build proper relationships with those people, as did previous chief execs, especially on matchdays, then the business would have been insulated from the effect of any protests.
    I think if you read back you will see that i have said that ultimate responsibility is with the club, an in this case I would firmly define the club as the ownership. The fan activity towards a potential sponsor (the drinks firm) is a contributory factor as to why we don't have a sponsor that reflects our so called family image.
  • Options
    Another company to add to the list of those we'll never patronise. Not that I'd ever heard of them. No surprise KM has hitched up with an online gambling brand, toxicity is proving to be her specialty. Interesting to find out how much/little they're paying cos their exposure will be negligible: sub 10000 crowds at the Valley and maybe 90 seconds coverage on channel 5's tinpot little program won't be making it a household name anytime soon.
  • Options
    Hmm

Where does that leave us
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Hmm

Where does that leave us

Two clubs can have the same sponsor I would have thought.
  • Options
    Betdaq sponsoring two clubs known for being in totally disarray. They know how to pick 'em - says the man who used to work for their biggest rivals, Betfair!
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Swisdom said:

Hmm

Where does that leave us

Rangers & Celtic used to have the same sponsors years ago, Tennents, NTL, purely a commercial decision, as most would not buy products from the company that sponsored their rival.
    I remember back in the 80’s & 90’s I wouldn’t buy any TDK tapes or virgin products, and as for doing land deals with The LDDC, that was a big no no
    Captain Morgan rum and the SLP press too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Betdaq have seemed to me to be a quite passive sponsor.

Happy with the name in the shirt (some shirts) and not bothered about much else.

They don't seem engaged in the way previous sponsors have but it was a Meire deal. Take the money and ignore/don't understand the rest.

Will be interesting to compare and contrast with what they do at Sunderland.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    most of the firms who sponsored us in the past went bust (Viglen, Mesh, Woolwich, Redbus, Fads, KRBS, etc) I suppose they are just hedging their BETS (geddit!)
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Swisdom said:

Hmm

Where does that leave us

Rangers & Celtic used to have the same sponsors years ago, Tennents, NTL, purely a commercial decision, as most would not buy products from the company that sponsored their rival.
    I remember back in the 80’s & 90’s I wouldn’t buy any TDK tapes or virgin products, and as for doing land deals with The LDDC, that was a big no no
    I cancelled my insurance with Churchills when they sponsored palice.
  • Options
    Halix said:

most of the firms who sponsored us in the past went bust (Viglen, Mesh, Woolwich, Redbus, Fads, KRBS, etc) I suppose they are just hedging their BETS (geddit!)

Allsports too.
  • Options

Halix said:

Allsports too.
    And Llanera but only one from the initial list.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Halix said:

Just for the sake of clarity, Viglen and Mesh are still going strong; The Woolwich was taken over by Barclays; Redbus now trades as Telecity Group; and Kent Reliance - what KRBS is now called - is also thriving. That leaves FADs from your list. Otherwise, total accuracy there!
    Allsport went under too didn't they?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

cafcfan said:

Halix said:

Just for the sake of clarity, Viglen and Mesh are still going strong; The Woolwich was taken over by Barclays; Redbus now trades as Telecity Group; and Kent Reliance - what KRBS is now called - is also thriving. That leaves FADs from your list. Otherwise, total accuracy there!
    Allsport went under too didn't they?
    Sort of. (As cited by @The Red Robin ) They went into administration and JD Sports harvested the best bits.
  • Options
    How much is it?
    Maybe CARD could be shirt sponsor, or ROT.
  • Options

Betdaq have seemed to me to be a quite passive sponsor.

Happy with the name in the shirt (some shirts) and not bothered about much else.

They don't seem engaged in the way previous sponsors have but it was a Meire deal. Take the money and ignore/don't understand the rest.

Will be interesting to compare and contrast with what they do at Sunderland.

Not keen on gambling sponsors BUT I can't really blame Meire, if they were willing to pay a decent sum, seeing that lots of other clubs also have gambling sponsors

We signed a 3 year deal with them, so have another year to go