Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New club website next season

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    It's more the grammar I have an issue with here!
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I believe the comms team, or at least one of them has a degree.
    Nothing wrong with awarding a degree to people who are creative with spelling is there?
    I mean Shakespeare was inconsistent with spelling, so why should the Charlton comms team be expected to spell consistently?

Usually for stuf like this people say "have a day off mate" but in your case I think a decade would be more appropriate
  • Options
    edited July 2017
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

seth plum said:

Nothing wrong with awarding a degree to people who are creative with spelling is there?
    I mean Shakespeare was inconsistent with spelling, so why should the Charlton comms team be expected to spell consistently?

Usually for stuf like this people say "have a day off mate" but in your case I think a decade would be more appropriate
    No worries. I reckon I will probably be dead before the next decade is out.
    Incidentally others pointed stuff out before me and many others act as grammar police. I am nowhere near the top of the list on that score.

I believe the comms people dig me out a lot because I dig them out a lot. Healthy retaliation.
  • Options
    PeteF said:

seth plum said:

The amount of copy they have had to produce, as well as their normal workload would be huge, I think we can allow them the odd typo.
    Sounds like a case for increasing the staff.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

PeteF said:

seth plum said:

The amount of copy they have had to produce, as well as their normal workload would be huge, I think we can allow them the odd typo.
    That costs money.
  • Options
    I like the layout of the fixtures in a monthly calendar format.
  • Options

seth plum said:

PeteF said:

seth plum said:

That costs money.
    Take it from the massive increase in season ticket revenue. After all the new club website was touted by Rubaspin and Meire as the innovation that saves Charlton so fans must be flocking in.
    Other than that sack the sandwich maker who sucks a fortune from the club, adds nothing, and diminishes a lot.
  • Options
    Have to say I don't like it, far too busy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    quite like it personally. the home page has a bit too much going on and the look makes me think its a children's website but overall I'm quite impressed. the valley pass archive has some great videos in it once you put in the right keywords. don't bother searching the other way. never seen the FA cup final video before so that was good to watch.
  • Options
    absolutely classic - that's why it's called valley pass! http://www.valleypass.com/
  • Options
    Excruciatingly slow right now...
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Well, that's what I thought at the time. But now I notice that no one has updated the PSF scores in the monthly calendar format since the Ireland tour and neither is there a hyperlink on each result back to a match report which would have been a nice touch. (There is a link to buy tickets for upcoming games.) The site also says that tickets for home and away fixtures will go on sale "around four weeks before the game is due to be played". Tickets for Plymouth are still not on sale with three weeks to go. There's no point in setting up a new process unless it is properly maintained.
  • Options
    Horrendous website, far too much on it. Looks and feels like a crap WordPress site.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Horrendous website, far too much on it. Looks and feels like a crap WordPress site.

I have to agree with this comment, far too busy for my liking.
  • Options
    In trying to use the mobile site for various things since the launch I will say that it's absolutely terrible. Formatting and everything is all over the place.

Much better on desktop but they need to work on the mobile site big time.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    cafcfan said:

cafcfan said:

Well, that's what I thought at the time. But now I notice that no one has updated the PSF scores in the monthly calendar format since the Ireland tour and neither is there a hyperlink on each result back to a match report which would have been a nice touch. (There is a link to buy tickets for upcoming games.) The site also says that tickets for home and away fixtures will go on sale "around four weeks before the game is due to be played". Tickets for Plymouth are still not on sale with three weeks to go. There's no point in setting up a new process unless it is properly maintained.
    I would guess they would put Plymouth on sale next week. Clubs are supposed to supply away tickets to a timetable but often don't. It's not really an issue with the website or Charlton, necessarily.
  • Options
    What have they done to the old club badge? The once proud robin sitting astride a football has become a manky pigeon with a squashed beak and distended belly, dicking about on top of a marble.

Screen Shot 2018-08-04 at 15.06.21