Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New club website next season

Comments

• Options

Whether you are right are wrong about the team, my point is that the website is pretty marginal to the issue of whether the club has "turned the corner" and such a large extrapolation from it (on a thread about it) strikes me as a bit fanciful. They did a good job on the pitch renovations. It didn't stop the following season descending into chaos.

Yes, the website is a minor issue as to whether "we are turning a corner", but the new site looks better to me and at present it is a continuance of the last 6 weeks or so.
  • Options
    It's a difficult one to judge, I think CE raises some excellent points.

If you draw a line in the sand from the end of the season and look at it from May onwards I have to agree we've had a good 2 months since the season ended with the potential for it to get even better. The problem is we've had a largely awful 28 months or so before this.

That said there's still plenty of time for the sale of Holmes and Konsa to derail the progress made and then spending the rest of the summer trying to replace them and patch up the squad like last pre-season where it was always an outgoing or 2 before a replacement came in.

RD almost appears to be in the background and to some extent so does KM. Even the Driesen signings seem to have dried up, it does beg the question has a corner indeed been turned? Personally I feel a corner is being turned but we won't know until the end of August when we see how the squad looks.

Of course that doesn't mean to say things off the pitch have got any better but I do believe if you get it right on the pitch it makes it easier to get off-pitch matters right.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Good to see the women team on there

And on the Staff page it mentions messrs Bowyer and Jackson

And the new Operations manager Paul Bailey

https://www.linkedin.com/in/paul-bailey-22a9357a/?ppe=1

Interesting that Bowyer is listed as assistant manager and that only Steve Gallan has his coaching qualifications listed but isn't in a coaching role.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/team/coaching-staff
    I see Paul Bailey has been very carefully selected.

Endorsements in military, security, firefighting & weapons handling.

CARD had better up their game :wink:

Military See 15 endorsements for Military 15
    MOD See 14 endorsements for MOD 14
    Military Experience See 13 endorsements for Military Experience 13
    Command See 11 endorsements for Command 11
    First Aid See 10 endorsements for First Aid 10
    Security See 9 endorsements for Security 9
    Radar See 8 endorsements for Radar 8
    NATO See 8 endorsements for NATO 8
    Program Management See 6 endorsements for Program Management 6
    Maritime See 6 endorsements for Maritime 6
    Project Management See 6 endorsements for Project Management 6
    Communication See 5 endorsements for Communication 5
    Firefighting See 4 endorsements for Firefighting 4
    Strategic Planning See 3 endorsements for Strategic Planning 3
    Client Liaison See 2 endorsements for Client Liaison 2
    Contract Management See 2 endorsements for Contract Management 2
    Events Coordination See 2 endorsements for Events Coordination 2
    Live Events See 2 endorsements for Live Events 2
    Microsoft Office See 2 endorsements for Microsoft Office 2
    Weapons Handling See 2 endorsements for Weapons Handling 2
    Event Planning See 2 endorsements for Event Planning 2
    Lateral Thinking See 1 endorsement for Lateral Thinking 1
    Microsoft Excel See 1 endorsement for Microsoft Excel 1
    Microsoft Word See 1 endorsement for Microsoft Word 1
    Military Liaison See 1 endorsement for Military Liaison 1
    PowerPoint See 1 endorsement for PowerPoint 1
    Business Development See 1 endorsement for Business Development 1
    Business Planning See 1 endorsement for Business Planning 1
    Ministry Of Defence See 19 endorsements for Ministry Of Defence 19
    ILM Level 2
    First Diploma in Public Services
  • Options
    Over £140 for this Valley Pass is clearly a rip off.
  • Options
    I could be wrong or right. When you click the Valley Pass bit it takes you to a picture of Jackson Curbishley and those two so called mascots
    No price mentioned.
    No Valley pass price at the 'pricing' section. No menus for what they call 'delicious' centre circle food.
    The site is confusing to navigate if you're after actual information.
    I thought that Miere and Rubashow met the fans and said the new website will solve all our problems.
    It might be designer friendly but in my view it is not especially people friendly. If this is the best they can do then I am disappointed.
    Has the new site been 'road tested' by a range of ordinary people? If it has then I am surprised that the feedback didn't mention some of the faults so they could be taken out.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

I take it back, my password for valley pass arrived in the post this morning

Very strange that they have posted it, would have thought it would have been easier via email. Here's hoping mine turns up but the way things have been going for me lately, I'll probably have to chase it up like I have numerous other things.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's a bit of a non issue to me personally, it's smooth and is much better than the old site, but it's not gonna get bums back on seats as a standalone. Anyhow, how many people actually use the website for anything more than buying tickets? I'd imagine most people get their info from forums, social media and the local press these days.
  • Options
    Turns out the Valley Pass costs £60 per year.
  • Options

It seems to me that perceptions of the turning of a corner depends entirely on how big the individual perceives the corner to be...

In fact it can be at an angle of anything from 1 degree to 179 degrees.

For me, it's the latter. And will remain so until "they" have handed over the keys to our club.

As far as the website's concerned, until there's something of real worth to read, I'll get my info from CL, thanks.

Henry will tell me when.

OK. Time to fess up....

I've taken a peek.

And although I'm sure someone ( @Covered End ?) will correct me, there appears to be a big, fat zero when it comes to a
    "Fans" link on the site .

So, no more Fans' Forum, Supporter Groups etc and nowhere for minutes of the most recent meeting to be published .

Maybe there's a link to "Customers" that my rheumy old eyes have missed ?
  • Options

It seems to me that perceptions of the turning of a corner depends entirely on how big the individual perceives the corner to be...

In fact it can be at an angle of anything from 1 degree to 179 degrees.

For me, it's the latter. And will remain so until "they" have handed over the keys to our club.

As far as the website's concerned, until there's something of real worth to read, I'll get my info from CL, thanks.

Henry will tell me when.

OK. Time to fess up....

I've taken a peek.

And although I'm sure someone ( @Covered End ?) will correct me, there appears to be a big, fat zero when it comes to a
    "Fans" link on the site .

So, no more Fans' Forum, Supporter Groups etc and nowhere for minutes of the most recent meeting to be published .

Maybe there's a link to "Customers" that my rheumy old eyes have missed ?
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/club/fans/supporter-groups

http://www.cafc.co.uk/club/fans/fans-forum

; )
  • Options
    Ooh, that was quick, Olly !

Thanks, but where do I find the probably obvious link to those area, please ?

Serious question.....not trying to find holes in the site- honest !
  • Options

Along the top, hover over the 'Club' section and a number of dropdowns appear. The relevant links are under 'fans'.
  • Options

Along the top, hover over the 'Club' section and a number of dropdowns appear. The relevant links are under 'fans'.
    Ah, got it ! I'm clearly poor at hovering as opposed to hoovering....

Still no minutes from the recent FF meeting though...not that it's in your remit, Olly.

:smile:
  • Options
    Been on.

Looks good to me.

Won't go back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Olly, My Dad says that there used to be a press section on the old site but he can't seem to find it. Is there one of those and if not is there going to be as that was what he used to go to first, apparently.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Looks a little jumbled but anything is better than what was there!

So Dutchelet and Daisy... no season ticket until you're gone.
  • Options

Olly, My Dad says that there used to be a press section on the old site but he can't seem to find it. Is there one of those and if not is there going to be as that was what he used to go to first, apparently.
    Under 'News' then 'media watch' might be what you are looking for.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Under 'News' then 'media watch' might be what you are looking for.
    Yes that's it, I'm sure.

Thanks Al.
  • Options

Looks a little jumbled but anything is better than what was there!

So Dutchelet and Daisy... no season ticket until you're gone.

You haven't had a S/T for donkey's years IIRC.
  • Options
    Is all the stuff that used to be on the old website now lost for ever? Seems to be as you can't access old match reports etc.

Not impressed.
  • Options
    Now updated with a page on the Charlton Athletic Museum and a link on the club history page

http://www.cafc.co.uk/club/fans/charlton-athletic-museum

http://www.cafc.co.uk/club/club-overview/club-history

Thanks guys
  • Options
    Good, but please sort out the typo!
    "– apt given that 2017 sees the club is celebrate the 25th anniversary of its return home – "
  • Options
    I believe the comms team, or at least one of them has a degree.
    Nothing wrong with awarding a degree to people who are creative with spelling is there?
    I mean Shakespeare was inconsistent with spelling, so why should the Charlton comms team be expected to spell consistently?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I believe the comms team, or at least one of them has a degree.
    Nothing wrong with awarding a degree to people who are creative with spelling is there?
    I mean Shakespeare was inconsistent with spelling, so why should the Charlton comms team be expected to spell consistently?

Seth in patronising over-reaction shocker