Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New club website next season

Comments

• Options
    Tried to get on it, got directed to a bookies. Only wanna see if we have a new kit
  • Options
    It's an improvement
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

It's an improvement

It is, no doubt in my mind
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Try using new links and clear cache etc, my old
    Iinks stopped working
  • Options
    anyone else finding it not working correctly on Safari?
  • Options
    shine166 said:

That's what I get too
  • Options
    Better, but still far too busy and doing weird things on Safari.
  • Options
    Looks fine to me on Chrome (Windows 7). Much faster too.

I never liked the old FL shared websites, so happy to have our own website design again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Turns out it works on my laptop, but not phone. Luckily this isn't the modern world though, where 99% of people use the internet via a mobile device....
  • Options
    I take it back, my password for valley pass arrived in the post this morning
  • Options
    How much does the Valley Pass cost?
  • Options
    I don't like it - although it's infinitely better than the naff ad-ridden template they had before. First impressions, it looks a bit like something a first-year student would mock up as a coursework project.

I know that there's a need for things to be easily navigable/clickable with the rise of tablets etc but some of the articles and the banner at the top are just aggressively and unnecessarily huge IMO. But I know that other people will like that aspect.
  • Options
    New site is absolutely apalling... I could make better and only know how to use Dreamweaver through messing about on it myself. Looks like an A-Level project, even go as far as saying I prefered the old one
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    A lot better than the old generic league one, so a real step forward, like all things it will take a while to get used too.

One fairly major gripe though, I cant find a link to the club museum or reference to its existance? I am sure thats just an oversight and nothing more sinister. The museum is run by friendly people who have families and we are in the home pages own words a family friendly club.
  • Options
    Good to see the women team on there

And on the Staff page it mentions messrs Bowyer and Jackson
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Swisdom said:

Good to see the women team on there

And on the Staff page it mentions messrs Bowyer and Jackson

And the new Operations manager Paul Bailey

https://www.linkedin.com/in/paul-bailey-22a9357a/?ppe=1

Interesting that Bowyer is listed as assistant manager and that only Steve Gallan has his coaching qualifications listed but isn't in a coaching role.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/team/coaching-staff
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can only get a white screen up on my pad. Tab down and I get a flash of playersin black on a red background and the Charlton badge, but it disappears in a second.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I've had a 10 minute look and the site is miles better.

Obviously, there will be updating required and there will likely be some glitches, but overall a thumbs up from me.

It's looking more hopeful that the club really have turned the corner and are heading in the right direction at long last.

The acid test for me is keeping hold of Holmes, if we really are intent on going for promotion.
  • Options

seth plum said:

How much does the Valley Pass cost?

£25 normally but £148.63 to you
    Thats OK. About the amount the club ripped me off for player.
    I suppose it is loaded because I am not deferential enough.
  • Options

Obviously, there will be updating required and there will likely be some glitches, but overall a thumbs up from me.

It's looking more hopeful that the club really have turned the corner and are heading in the right direction at long last.

The acid test for me is keeping hold of Holmes, if we really are intent on going for promotion.

And after three and a half years of arrogant and wilful incompetence Duchatelet and Meire have transformed themselves suddenly into clear-sighted and competent leaders, you think?
  • Options

And after three and a half years of arrogant and wilful incompetence Duchatelet and Meire have transformed themselves suddenly into clear-sighted and competent leaders, you think?
    I didn't say that did I ?
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

New site is absolutely apalling... I could make better and only know how to use Dreamweaver through messing about on it myself. Looks like an A-Level project, even go as far as saying I prefered the old one

I knew there was a software I used to use for making websites at school but completely forgot the name. You're right, it looks textbook Dreamweaver. That's where I got the student vibe from.
  • Options
    Surely part of good management is appointing the right people for the right jobs, giving them the tools for the work and allowing them to succeed, perhaps that is what has happened for those who like the new web site and if the team do well then the same for KR.

But it is that word IF gain.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Whether you are right are wrong about the team, my point is that the website is pretty marginal to the issue of whether the club has "turned the corner" and such a large extrapolation from it (on a thread about it) strikes me as a bit fanciful. They did a good job on the pitch renovations. It didn't stop the following season descending into chaos.