Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New club website next season

Comments

• Options
    At least in a couple of seasons time we will probably have the best system in the conference.
  • Options
    Another company to add to the black list. Next year's website can't be worse than the dross we've put up with this long but all businesses getting into bed with roly's toxic pantomime must henceforth be spurned. Guilt by association.
  • Options

JohnnyH2 said:

Seeing as the club are so keen to have the clubs history involved in the relaunch of the website they will have engaged with the museum to help carry out this task. Otherwise left up to the current regime we could have Alan Campbell shown as Graham Moore.

Well ITRM did the museum's new site but I haven't had a phone call from Tony Keone asking why it is called the South Stand as yet.

Is it up and running now Henry? If so can you post a link please?

Thanks.
    It's up but far from finished http://cafcmuseum.itrm.com/
    What an excellent read.
    Well done to all concerned.
  • Options
    Good to see the museum site up at last Henry!
    Particularly like the history pages.
    It is a lot more contemporary than the 'temporary site' that myself and John designed .
    I am sure you will add more pages, and perhaps a links page would be a good idea, as the navigation\menu tabs take a little time to negotiate. Excellent that you have a web presence again.

I did not notice the 'blog' 'tweet' \facebook 'link' that Clive edited?
  • Options
    That photo promoting The John Hewie collection is a bit surreal. Love it!
  • Options

Swisdom said:

We are working for the club that my family is now in its 4th generation of supporting. It could be Roland, Butros Butros Ghali or Peter Verney who owned the club - as Charlton fans with the knowledge to help our club we'd have done it regardless. The club will be here long after Roland is gone.

Whether or not they are paying us has no relevance on my personal stance.

Fwiw I am not at all happy with the way the club has gone since Roland's arrival. But I am an optimist and Believe we are heading in the right direction now and wish fans could differentiate between the owners decisions and those of the employees at the club who are trying to improve things - starting with a website.

So by not answering the question we can assume the club are paying you.
    Why else would they be doing it ?
  • Options
    I guess the well negotiated deal with ITRM for shirt sponsorship will involve ITRM inflating their fees for the website by 30% over standard rates and getting shirt sponsorship for knocking 20% off the final bill.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

We are working for the club that my family is now in its 4th generation of supporting. It could be Roland, Butros Butros Ghali or Peter Verney who owned the club - as Charlton fans with the knowledge to help our club we'd have done it regardless. The club will be here long after Roland is gone.

Whether or not they are paying us has no relevance on my personal stance.

Fwiw I am not at all happy with the way the club has gone since Roland's arrival. But I am an optimist and Believe we are heading in the right direction now and wish fans could differentiate between the owners decisions and those of the employees at the club who are trying to improve things - starting with a website.

So by not answering the question we can assume the club are paying you.
    Why else would they be doing it ?
    That is not the point, Swisdom should have given a straight yes or no.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've been wondering this for a while now: where's the new site? It still looks the same, doesn't it?
  • Options

I've been wondering this for a while now: where's the new site? It still looks the same, doesn't it?

It's for the summer of 2017, so end of this season
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Thanks! Was actually looking forward to it. Should have read the news more carefully....
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Thanks! Was actually looking forward to it. Should have read the news more carefully....
    Remember, Jessie ..... Henry says it's not true unless it's on the OS.

And Henry is always right.

;o)
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

sam3110 said:

Remember, Jessie ..... Henry says it's not true unless it's on the OS.

And Henry is always right.

;o)
    never said that.
  • Options
    Are we meant to be getting a new website? Also a new player type program? Does anyone have an update on this?
  • Options
    I am holding off purchasing a season ticket until this happens...

(Note to any regime spies on here. Nah, that's sarcasm.)
  • Options

Are we meant to be getting a new website? Also a new player type program? Does anyone have an update on this?

In the season ticket marketing I'm sure it said the new player program was from 1.7 so that's tomorrow. Otherwise I've not heard.
  • Options
    The last player content was highlights of the Swindon match, and then, despite a lot of subsequent great activity with the U23'S it remained the same for over a month. Leaving an empty space we were paying for. Then the player service was summarily stopped for subscribers with a paltry take it or leave it refund which in my case I disputed and got nowhere when they used the 'we are never wrong' method of response.
    The now defunct player service is still advertised right up there on the current OS.
    There is no new website, or alternative to the player service available.
    The team play the first PSF in Ireland on Monday week, and it has been put out there that there will be full coverage, but I fail to see how. If it is on sodding Facebook then that means we would be obliged to join up with that poxy platform to follow the coverage, it might be covered on the clubs YouTube thing but we don't know.
    I intend to go the game in Limerick, but as I will be with Mrs Plum I am still trying to think up a strategy for getting to the UCD game when I take her to Dublin for the day.
    The communications team might well be a bunch of essentially nice young guys, but I wish they were much better at their actual jobs.
  • Options

Those with Player were emailed regarding the changeover (I think, I remember it saying that it would be ready for the new season)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2017
    seth plum said:

The last player content was highlights of the Swindon match, and then, despite a lot of subsequent great activity with the U23'S it remained the same for over a month. Leaving an empty space we were paying for. Then the player service was summarily stopped for subscribers with a paltry take it or leave it refund which in my case I disputed and got nowhere when they used the 'we are never wrong' method of response.
    The now defunct player service is still advertised right up there on the current OS.
    The team play the first PSF in Ireland on Monday week, and it has been put out there that there will be full coverage, but I fail to see how. If it is on sodding Facebook then that means we would be obliged to join up with that poxy platform to follow the coverage, it might be covered on the clubs YouTube thing but we don't know.
    I intend to go the game in Limerick, but as I will be with Mrs Plum I am still trying to think up a strategy for getting to the UCD game when I take her to Dublin for the day.
    The communications team might well be a bunch of essentially nice young guys, but I wish they were much better at their actual jobs.

It'll likely be on YouTube if they're showing match highlights/interviews or even games. No need to burn the comms team, they're held back by management decisions and I would expect can only publish when cleared to.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Seth you should have mentioned this before. ;-)

I'm sure that I read the new website goes live in July - that is when the new video features that were being used as an incentive to but a season ticket were promised to start.

I just assume that the contract we signed with the FLi people finishes. Players contracts end on 30th July it makes sense for the website contract to finish on the same date. If this is the case the new website should go live tomorrow, in time for the friendlies in Ireland. Even though many won't have subscribed, those that renewed season tickets before the deadline will have access to it.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

seth plum said:

It'll likely be on YouTube if they're showing match highlights/interviews or even games. No need to burn the comms team, they're held back by management decisions and I would expect can only publish when cleared to.
    I accept that I have a thing about the Comms team that stretches back a fair distance to the days when the likes of Jamie Reed and Emma did the match commentaries and failed to describe the action, or the in house voluntary commentators reporting long trips away to northern clubs to commentate which they were obliged to do entirely at their own expense in terms of travel and equipment, even though subscribers were paying in actual money.
    The suffering of the in house commentators was sometimes used to justify a poor service and my thoughts at the time is they should take it up with the club or 'player' rather than take it out on the subscribers.
    We have had the sale of equipment from the electrical overflow draw indicating desperation, and we have had an unsafe PA system that has only just got a bit better. There was also a dreadful mistake regarding a memorial moment which was pitiful but I am sure not deliberate.
    If the Comms team are undermined by the club then they can be in Katrien or Tony's ear every day if they like.
    Mel Baroni chose a different method.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

In the season ticket marketing I'm sure it said the new player program was from 1.7 so that's tomorrow. Otherwise I've not heard.
    Cheers, I actually was one of those who renewed before (I was always going to renew) and now being a long way from London I thought it's probably worth doing it to get it. I also had that date in my mind also. I thought I'd pop it on here rather than email the club as I probably wouldn't get a reply.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Dazzler21 said:

seth plum said:

I accept that I have a thing about the Comms team that stretches back a fair distance to the days when the likes of Jamie Reed and Emma did the match commentaries and failed to describe the action, or the in house voluntary commentators reporting long trips away to northern clubs to commentate which they were obliged to do entirely at their own expense in terms of travel and equipment, even though subscribers were paying in actual money.
    The suffering of the in house commentators was sometimes used to justify a poor service and my thoughts at the time is they should take it up with the club or 'player' rather than take it out on the subscribers.
    We have had the sale of equipment from the electrical overflow draw indicating desperation, and we have had an unsafe PA system that has only just got a bit better. There was also a dreadful mistake regarding a memorial moment which was pitiful but I am sure not deliberate.
    If the Comms team are undermined by the club then they can be in Katrien or Tony's ear every day if they like.
    Just to clarify, that has never happened.
  • Options

seth plum said:

Dazzler21 said:

seth plum said:

Just to clarify, that has never happened.
    It may well have never happened, but that is not how it was reported at the time, both on the commentary itself, on the Sunday night programme, and in emails I exchanged when complaining about Jamie Reed. I am quite clear that several times I brought up the notion that as we were paying to subscribe then the in house commentary team should not be out of pocket.
    Thank you for your 'clarification', but I am sure that the message put out was different.
    Communications issue.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

The U23s were covered online including live streaming the match against Hull City on FB Live where 198,000 people tuned in.

As mentioned before I gave you a direct email to try to assist your PlayerHD refund (which again to clarify is through the EFL and we have no control over with data protection) and I never received anything from you. I can't give any more help than that.

The new Valley Pass service which arrives when the new website launches will have coverage of Ireland and pre-season.
  • Options
    Roughly when though @sadamson84 :wink: