Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New club website next season

Comments

• Options
    Swisdom said:

We are working for the club that my family is now in its 4th generation of supporting. It could be Roland, Butros Butros Ghali or Peter Verney who owned the club - as Charlton fans with the knowledge to help our club we'd have done it regardless. The club will be here long after Roland is gone.

Whether or not they are paying us has no relevance on my personal stance.

Fwiw I am not at all happy with the way the club has gone since Roland's arrival. But I am an optimist and Believe we are heading in the right direction now and wish fans could differentiate between the owners decisions and those of the employees at the club who are trying to improve things - starting with a website.

I'm happy for your family that you're "helping" the club.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Swisdom said:

seth plum said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

It's the same little group assisting them with everything though isn't it. Hardly a cross section of fans. But of course apart from that little group, and you of course, they've fucked everyone else off.

it's a cross section of fans as that's exactly who applied to be in the group.

T20k pose questions in the form of polls on Twitter and fans respond. Surely that's getting a cross section of opinions.

What else would you rather they do? The club appear to be receptive to sensible suggestions so why not come up with something constructive?
    What do you want to see on the website?

What?
    Eh?
    How did fan groups apply, or even know what's happening then?
    What do you mean cross section of fans, like CARD, or CAST, or whoever?
    Me and my many alter ego's form a credible 'group', where was the outreach to people such as me?
    Some kind of initiative has happened, and fan groups who applied to be involved are now involved in the initiative?
    Bollocks are they. A tiny select group of people, lets call them 'The house music sofa collective' have got together and pretended that loads of fans are involved.
    What's this guff about polls on Twitter?
    You may as well say opinion is sought from a narrow group who operate in the same way. Not everybody is on Twitter and Facebook and the like, it may be reasonable to assume nearly everybody is on the internet, but narrow sections of the internet is not the way to link people, not the way at all, however 'obvious' it might be, or however philistine non facebook/linkedin/twittered/whatsapp/skyped or whatever you may think they are.
    I don't have a clue who or what ITRM are, but my starting point is they must be delusional.
    I thought it was announced on the website. Correct me if I'm wrong

What exactly did you think was announced and when? Tell me what to search for on the club website.
    3rd December 2015
    mobile.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-target-20000-group-launched-2832833.aspx

13th December 2015
    mobile.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-target-20000-2847407.aspx

• Options

And its next summer not this.

When is "this summer"? Was it today?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Swisdom said:

seth plum said:

Swisdom said:

seth plum said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

It's the same little group assisting them with everything though isn't it. Hardly a cross section of fans. But of course apart from that little group, and you of course, they've fucked everyone else off.

T20k pose questions in the form of polls on Twitter and fans respond. Surely that's getting a cross section of opinions.

What else would you rather they do? The club appear to be receptive to sensible suggestions so why not come up with something constructive?

What?
    Eh?
    Me and my many alter ego's form a credible 'group', where was the outreach to people such as me?
    Some kind of initiative has happened, and fan groups who applied to be involved are now involved in the initiative?
    Bollocks are they. A tiny select group of people, lets call them 'The house music sofa collective' have got together and pretended that loads of fans are involved.
    You may as well say opinion is sought from a narrow group who operate in the same way. Not everybody is on Twitter and Facebook and the like, it may be reasonable to assume nearly everybody is on the internet, but narrow sections of the internet is not the way to link people, not the way at all, however 'obvious' it might be, or however philistine non facebook/linkedin/twittered/whatsapp/skyped or whatever you may think they are.
    I don't have a clue who or what ITRM are, but my starting point is they must be delusional.

What exactly did you think was announced and when? Tell me what to search for on the club website.
    3rd December 2015
    mobile.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-target-20000-group-launched-2832833.aspx

13th December 2015

Those links are not relevant to this new development.
    Do you know that the second link says that Rick Everitt is one of the so called Target 20,000 group?
    Rick Everitt no less.
    Do you know the state of play between the club under this regime and it's fans?
    I have described it as the club that hates it's fans.

Indeed when you say the club is receptive to sensible suggestions in an earlier post do you realise how modifying that sentence is?
    I mean there was a sensible suggestion to talk to a prospective purchaser that the club wasn't receptive to.
    Or lets look at minor points like the sofa, the big screen, the ticket office, programmes...suggestions were made about stuff like this which presumably the club didn't think 'sensible' enough.
    Have you considered that the club simply wants passive compliance on the cheap?
    The discussion was about the target 20k - I'm pointing out, as you requested, where it was mentioned.

By sensible I mean constructive as opposed to the spectacularly original "fuck off Roland" which has no doubt been received thousands of times.

It's a collective of Charlton fans who want to take the club forward. Look to the future. Change some of the things that aren't working. I do t suppose they will right all the wrong but then again Rome wasn't built in a day.

Perhaps Target 20k will do some canvassing of fans next season for their thoughts and ideas.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

seth plum said:

Swisdom said:

seth plum said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

What?
    Eh?

3rd December 2015

13th December 2015

Surely their largest database of fans is the email list. I don't recall receiving anything about joining a T20k group. Perhaps, as has been mentioned, they just want to keep it to the tame few.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I wonder if Roland has requested a special "{...}" button on the admin panel of the new site?

Perhaps I could offer the friendly suggestion of an integrated spellchecker and one of those little things that makes you do maths questions to prove you're not drunk?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:

We are working for the club that my family is now in its 4th generation of supporting. It could be Roland, Butros Butros Ghali or Peter Verney who owned the club - as Charlton fans with the knowledge to help our club we'd have done it regardless. The club will be here long after Roland is gone.

Whether or not they are paying us has no relevance on my personal stance.

Fwiw I am not at all happy with the way the club has gone since Roland's arrival. But I am an optimist and Believe we are heading in the right direction now and wish fans could differentiate between the owners decisions and those of the employees at the club who are trying to improve things - starting with a website.

So by not answering the question we can assume the club are paying you.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Swisdom said:

seth plum said:

Swisdom said:

seth plum said:

Swisdom said:

seth plum said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

What?
    Eh?

3rd December 2015

13th December 2015

Those links are not relevant to this new development.
    Do you know that the second link says that Rick Everitt is one of the so called Target 20,000 group?
    Rick Everitt no less.
    Do you know the state of play between the club under this regime and it's fans?
    I have described it as the club that hates it's fans.

Indeed when you say the club is receptive to sensible suggestions in an earlier post do you realise how modifying that sentence is?
    I mean there was a sensible suggestion to talk to a prospective purchaser that the club wasn't receptive to.
    Or lets look at minor points like the sofa, the big screen, the ticket office, programmes...suggestions were made about stuff like this which presumably the club didn't think 'sensible' enough.
    Have you considered that the club simply wants passive compliance on the cheap?
    The discussion was about the target 20k - I'm pointing out, as you requested, where it was mentioned.

By sensible I mean constructive as opposed to the spectacularly original "fuck off Roland" which has no doubt been received thousands of times.

It's a collective of Charlton fans who want to take the club forward. Look to the future. Change some of the things that aren't working. I do t suppose they will right all the wrong but then again Rome wasn't built in a day.

Perhaps Target 20k will do some canvassing of fans next season for their thoughts and ideas.
    There are no Charlton fans who don'twant to take the club forward though are there?
    The target 20000 group consists of, what, half a dozen volunteers who with all the best intentions are making it up as they go along, assuming they know best.
    There are plenty of formal and semi formal groups of Charlton fans out there who are probably more in touch with the general psyche of Charlton fans than this well intentioned self appointed group.
    It looks to me like a desperate attempt by the regime to declare they are somehow 'connected' by creating a spurious group that has appeared in a random fashion.
    If this group want to do something constructive to take the club forward they could try telling the regime to talk to prospective buyers, and not insult our intelligence with wild tales regarding the Valley, and likening our protest mindset to racists.
    There you go, I didn't even need to be canvassed.
    Absolutely spot on.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    why all the digs at Swisdom?, we've all gotta work and earn money !

bit like the mob digging ITRM, I happen to know a couple of lads who work there and they are CAFC through and through

Jesus
  • Options

bit like the mob digging ITRM, I happen to know a couple of lads who work there and they are CAFC through and through

Jesus

True, but so are the boys from Data Techniques and they have pulled out from anything that the club are involved in. The same with Axis but each to their own. If they don't think it will cost them any business, then all the best to them.

• Options
    down side ,if true is it is, another sign Roland Duchalete is staying.
  • Options
    bellz2002 said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

That's just not true.

Only one member of T20k is a rep of a supporters group and that is the infamously secretive East Kent group.

This is also not true. I am the rep of the "infamously secretive" East Kent Addicks and as stated at the time, I resigned from the T20k group before attending any meetings.
    Thank you for correcting me.

There WAS only one rep from a recognised group and that was from the infamously secretive East Kent Addicks but even he left.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

By the way, this advice/guidance that your giving them. Is your company being paid for it?
    Thats between us and the club. And irrelevant.

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

That's just not true.

Only one member of T20k is a rep of a supporters group and that is the infamously secretive East Kent group.

Many fans applied and they were ignored because they had been critical of the regime or were members of established groups.

None of the members of the old T20k group were invited to join.

None of the current members had any knowledge of club development either.

They hand picked what they hoped would be a passive, malable group so they could play lip service to customer consultation.

The people on T20k are to be applauded for having a go but as this example shows it is not strategic at all.

I thought everyone was invited as it was an open invite on the website - or have I got that wrong?

Invited yes. Seth is wrong to say no one knew as it was on the OS and it was discussed at length on here.

Incidentally, re-instating the T20k group was one of the original 4 aims of Spell it Out in Black and White that Katrien told me to my face was "inciting a riot".

But once advertised and people asked to join, such as @Airman Brown and @Addickted2TheReds and I think but am not sure someone from CAST, at the last minute it all changed and no one who was allowed to join had any background in club or business development (which is what the group should be about not designing websites) and in dissent against the regime.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Jesus

True, but so are the boys from Data Techniques and they have pulled out from anything that the club are involved in. The same with Axis but each to their own. If they don't think it will cost them any business, then all the best to them.

I get that, but maybe not all businesses (especially smaller ones) can afford to be that picky about who they deal with.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

By the way, this advice/guidance that your giving them. Is your company being paid for it?
    Thats between us and the club. And irrelevant.

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

That's just not true.

Many fans applied and they were ignored because they had been critical of the regime or were members of established groups.

None of the members of the old T20k group were invited to join.

None of the current members had any knowledge of club development either.

They hand picked what they hoped would be a passive, malable group so they could play lip service to customer consultation.

The people on T20k are to be applauded for having a go but as this example shows it is not strategic at all.

I thought everyone was invited as it was an open invite on the website - or have I got that wrong?

Invited yes. Seth is wrong to say no one knew as it was on the OS and it was discussed at length on here.

Incidentally, re-instating the T20k group was one of the original 4 aims of Spell it Out in Black and White that Katrien told me to my face was "inciting a riot".

But once advertised and people asked to join, such as @Airman Brown and @Addickted2TheReds and I think but am not sure someone from CAST, at the last minute it all changed and no one who was allowed to join had any background in club or business development (which is what the group should be about not designing websites) and in dissent against the regime.
    I did not make myself clear last night, yes people knew about the attempt to establish T20000, it is this new website consultative group no one knew about.

It looks as though you have to be on blimmin twitter or Facebook to be involved anyway, so ITRM have a starting point that excludes a large constituency of supporters.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

shirty5 said:

Jesus

I get that, but maybe not all businesses (especially smaller ones) can afford to be that picky about who they deal with.
    I think that's fair enough and they are obviously long time supporters but my point is that it is relevant when you come on here constantly defending the SMT and you are doing business with them. Swisdom says it's his own personal opinions, so again, fair enough.
  • Options
    bellz2002 said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

That's just not true.

This is also not true. I am the rep of the "infamously secretive" East Kent Addicks and as stated at the time, I resigned from the T20k group before attending any meetings.
    That went well then.
  • Options

JohnnyH2 said:

Seeing as the club are so keen to have the clubs history involved in the relaunch of the website they will have engaged with the museum to help carry out this task. Otherwise left up to the current regime we could have Alan Campbell shown as Graham Moore.

Well ITRM did the museum's new site but I haven't had a phone call from Tony Keone asking why it is called the South Stand as yet.

Is it up and running now Henry? If so can you post a link please?

Thanks.
  • Options
    The Club website is increasingly irrelevant. News breaks elsewhere first and what you learn from cafc.co.uk is what's not said, rather than what is. Formatting and appearance will make little difference - even a history page (does that count as a U-turn?).
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Funny how every fans group they mention these days seems to be your Target 20k group though? They must really value your contributions.

Presumably they value the opinions of those who want to contribute.

There's plenty of people who prefer to snipe and twist everything but not many who want to try to improve things.
    I'm fairly sure that that is what CARD and the protests (CARD or otherwise) are trying to do.

The best way of improving things is to get the regime out.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Funny how every fans group they mention these days seems to be your Target 20k group though? They must really value your contributions.

There's plenty of people who prefer to snipe and twist everything but not many who want to try to improve things.
    I'm fairly sure that that is what CARD and the protests (CARD or otherwise) are trying to do.

At the risk of being repetitive I believe all the Charlton fans are trying to improve things in their own way, certainly including dissenters and protestors as well as those who engage with this regime.
    The issue seems wrapped up in a statement Katrien said a while ago when she said the fans have to accept the owners decisions...no ifs no buts if you like.
    The whole concept of partnership, collaboration, cooperation, shared aspiration is destroyed by that single sentence.
    You can have all the websites you like, but the bottom line is Roland's way or we can simply feck off and die.
  • Options

JohnnyH2 said:

Seeing as the club are so keen to have the clubs history involved in the relaunch of the website they will have engaged with the museum to help carry out this task. Otherwise left up to the current regime we could have Alan Campbell shown as Graham Moore.

Well ITRM did the museum's new site but I haven't had a phone call from Tony Keone asking why it is called the South Stand as yet.

Is it up and running now Henry? If so can you post a link please?

Thanks.
    It's up but far from finished http://cafcmuseum.itrm.com/
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

At the risk of being repetitive I believe all the Charlton fans are trying to improve things in their own way, certainly including dissenters and protestors as well as those who engage with this regime.
    The issue seems wrapped up in a statement Katrien said a while ago when she said the fans have to accept the owners decisions...no ifs no buts if you like.
    The whole concept of partnership, collaboration, cooperation, shared aspiration is destroyed by that single sentence.
    You can have all the websites you like, but the bottom line is Roland's way or we can simply feck off and die.
    I'm not saying that I disagree with your comment but if RD and KM do not intend to leave are you suggesting that they just give up trying to run the club at all?

I want them to leave but there must be some benefit to us fans if they at least try to leave a club behind for the new owners to run.

Interestingly no one seems to have mentioned the fact that, at a time when we are speculating about RD selling up and leaving, they announce plans to develop a new website that doesn't go live until the summer of 2017. That sounds like a statement of intent to me!
  • Options

Jesus

Big fella with a beard? Can't say I've seen him around for a while.

What's the other one called?