Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New club website next season

Comments

• Options

Nug said:

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

LuckyReds said:

And its next summer not this.

Over a year for a football club website...?
    We have an agreement with the football league that has another year on it.

The aim is to do it right hence taking time with it
    Well it's taken two years to not get the football side of things right, won't hold my breath for the website in a year then. Why bother announcing it a year in advance just get on with it.
    They've announced it this far in advance it seems because they want to get it right and involve fan groups in the process.

Or they could just not involve anybody and just crack on with it and then get pillared for not asking fans what they wanted when nobody likes it.

Damned if they do and damned if they don't.
    What fans? You and your little group? Doubt any fans outside you will be involved.
    Article says "We’ll be working with different fan groups over the next 12 months to give us as much feedback as possible.”

Can only go from what the article says.
    Why did you edit what you originally said?
  • Options

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

LuckyReds said:

And its next summer not this.

Over a year for a football club website...?
    We have an agreement with the football league that has another year on it.

The aim is to do it right hence taking time with it
    Well it's taken two years to not get the football side of things right, won't hold my breath for the website in a year then. Why bother announcing it a year in advance just get on with it.
    They've announced it this far in advance it seems because they want to get it right and involve fan groups in the process.

Or they could just not involve anybody and just crack on with it and then get pillared for not asking fans what they wanted when nobody likes it.

Damned if they do and damned if they don't.
    There not interested in supporters views at any level so it's a complete waste of everyone's time
  • Options

Was just thinking that the other day. When we invariably play shit, what I really need is a banging club website where I can wallow in self pity reading the pernicious guff the Belgian puppet-meisters pull from their arse holes...

crossbars house dj playing in the background of the website?
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Great. Used to use the old CAFC OS all the time but the standard FL site is terrible - can only be an improvement. Looking at their website they look like they know what they are doing and they're local. Also wouldn't be surprised to see ITRM as one of the shirt sponsors.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Funny how every fans group they mention these days seems to be your Target 20k group though? They must really value your contributions.

Presumably they value the opinions of those who want to contribute.

There's plenty of people who prefer to snipe and twist everything but not many who want to try to improve things.

Why do you think that is?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Funny how every fans group they mention these days seems to be your Target 20k group though? They must really value your contributions.

There's plenty of people who prefer to snipe and twist everything but not many who want to try to improve things.

Maybe we all need your guidance, like down at the training ground?
  • Options
    Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

So should they ignore those that want to assist?

Or should they invite some of the Facebook cretins to contribute?

It's an attempt to improve something for the fans and the club for the future. It's fuck all to do with Roland et al. we want our Charlton back - we'll start with our own website. One that talks about OUR history.

• Options
    Off_it said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Ok you've mentioned this a few times and I'm not sure what your problem is. The club are spending a fortune on a training facility. My father, as a fan of over 60 years, is a ridiculously well qualified consultant in a topic relevant to the project so we have said we will assist where needed to help save money where possible and improve other areas.

It's as simple as that.

• Options
    It's the same little group assisting them with everything though isn't it. Hardly a cross section of fans. But of course apart from that little group, and you of course, they've fucked everyone else off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Swisdom said:

Off_it said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Ok you've mentioned this a few times and I'm not sure what your problem is. The club are spending a fortune on a training facility. My father, as a fan of over 60 years, is a ridiculously well qualified consultant in a topic relevant to the project so we have said we will assist where needed to help save money where possible and improve other areas.

It's as simple as that.

Thanks. So what exactly IS going on at the training ground then? Only you told us everything was progressing weeks back but it doesn't seem as though much has actually happened.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

So should they ignore those that want to assist?

Or should they invite some of the Facebook cretins to contribute?

It's an attempt to improve something for the fans and the club for the future. It's fuck all to do with Roland et al. we want our Charlton back - we'll start with our own website. One that talks about OUR history.

Would that be the history of the club the CEO stated she did not care about. Or the clubs staff putting up the wrong picture of a former player on the big screen?
  • Options
    Nug said:

It's the same little group assisting them with everything though isn't it. Hardly a cross section of fans. But of course apart from that little group, and you of course, they've fucked everyone else off.

it's a cross section of fans as that's exactly who applied to be in the group.

T20k pose questions in the form of polls on Twitter and fans respond. Surely that's getting a cross section of opinions.

What else would you rather they do? The club appear to be receptive to sensible suggestions so why not come up with something constructive?
    What do you want to see on the website?

• Options
    When will they announce the fees they are bounder to be charging for the content?

Or will they remain undisclosed?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Nug said:

T20k pose questions in the form of polls on Twitter and fans respond. Surely that's getting a cross section of opinions.

What else would you rather they do? The club appear to be receptive to sensible suggestions so why not come up with something constructive?

Match reports of games won. It's that fucking simple isn't it?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Nug said:

By the way, this advice/guidance that your giving them. Is your company being paid for it?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Swisdom said:

Off_it said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

It's as simple as that.

Thanks. So what exactly IS going on at the training ground then? Only you told us everything was progressing weeks back but it doesn't seem as though much has actually happened.
    Don't know. We're a designer and our input has been taken on board. Most of our work is before a spade goes in the ground so it will always go quiet - as indeed it has. Once construction gets further advanced we'll be back involved.

Remember there are a number of mini projects ongoing and we are nothing to do with most of them. Our speciality is within the buildings - we are nothing to do with groundworks, pitches etc and that seems to be what they're working on so far.
  • Options
    Nug said:

Swisdom said:

A new board of directors...that's it.
    I said constructive.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2016
    "the official club website fully align with that of the Charlton Athletic Community Trust."

Well the trust website is over 3 years old now and looking rather dated so I'm not holding much hope of this turning out well!
  • Options
    Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

By the way, this advice/guidance that your giving them. Is your company being paid for it?
    Thats between us and the club. And irrelevant.

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

That's just not true.

Only one member of T20k is a rep of a supporters group and that is the infamously secretive East Kent group.

Many fans applied and they were ignored because they had been critical of the regime or were members of established groups.

None of the members of the old T20k group were invited to join.

None of the current members had any knowledge of club development either.

They hand picked what they hoped would be a passive, malable group so they could play lip service to customer consultation.

The people on T20k are to be applauded for having a go but as this example shows it is not strategic at all.

I thought everyone was invited as it was an open invite on the website - or have I got that wrong?

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Nug said:

What?
    Eh?
    How did fan groups apply, or even know what's happening then?
    What do you mean cross section of fans, like CARD, or CAST, or whoever?
    Me and my many alter ego's form a credible 'group', where was the outreach to people such as me?
    Some kind of initiative has happened, and fan groups who applied to be involved are now involved in the initiative?
    Bollocks are they. A tiny select group of people, lets call them 'The house music sofa collective' have got together and pretended that loads of fans are involved.
    What's this guff about polls on Twitter?
    You may as well say opinion is sought from a narrow group who operate in the same way. Not everybody is on Twitter and Facebook and the like, it may be reasonable to assume nearly everybody is on the internet, but narrow sections of the internet is not the way to link people, not the way at all, however 'obvious' it might be, or however philistine non facebook/linkedin/twittered/whatsapp/skyped or whatever you may think they are.
    I don't have a clue who or what ITRM are, but my starting point is they must be delusional.
  • Options

We are working for the club that my family is now in its 4th generation of supporting. It could be Roland, Butros Butros Ghali or Peter Verney who owned the club - as Charlton fans with the knowledge to help our club we'd have done it regardless. The club will be here long after Roland is gone.

Whether or not they are paying us has no relevance on my personal stance.

Fwiw I am not at all happy with the way the club has gone since Roland's arrival. But I am an optimist and Believe we are heading in the right direction now and wish fans could differentiate between the owners decisions and those of the employees at the club who are trying to improve things - starting with a website.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    There is no truth on the Official Website. Only statistics and propaganda.

The statistics are presumably accurate in themselves, though how they are presented and which are omitted is obviously far from impartial.

Everything else is nothing more than promotional material for the current regime which owns and controls the Club. Of course this is true of most if not all Football Club official websites, and it is not really a problem as long as everybody is aware of it.
    How the promotional material/propaganda is packaged is a matter of cosmetic interest only. It is nice to be able to easily access match stats or ticket services etc. and convenient to be able to read the text if it is a good size and in a clear font.
    But launching a super-duper interactive adventure playground of a Website will not change the nature of the material on it.

If it has been vetted and approved by Duchatelet's regime then it cannot be trusted. And nothing appears on the official site unless it has been vetted and approved.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

What?
    Eh?
    Me and my many alter ego's form a credible 'group', where was the outreach to people such as me?
    Some kind of initiative has happened, and fan groups who applied to be involved are now involved in the initiative?
    Bollocks are they. A tiny select group of people, lets call them 'The house music sofa collective' have got together and pretended that loads of fans are involved.
    You may as well say opinion is sought from a narrow group who operate in the same way. Not everybody is on Twitter and Facebook and the like, it may be reasonable to assume nearly everybody is on the internet, but narrow sections of the internet is not the way to link people, not the way at all, however 'obvious' it might be, or however philistine non facebook/linkedin/twittered/whatsapp/skyped or whatever you may think they are.
    I don't have a clue who or what ITRM are, but my starting point is they must be delusional.
    I thought it was announced on the website. Correct me if I'm wrong

• Options
    As long as we don't lose flaggy.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Swisdom said:

seth plum said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

What?
    Eh?
    I thought it was announced on the website. Correct me if I'm wrong

What exactly did you think was announced and when? Tell me what to search for on the club website.