Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Johan Berg Gudmundsson - Burnley bid accepted

Comments

• edited July 2016

Good luck to him. Will remember the goal he scored against Cardiff a couple of Christmas' ago for a long time.

But Burnley? FFS. Will be a culture shock to him when he moves up there that's for sure.

Not as much of a shock as the Premiership will be...
    Thought the same of Poyet: he'll struggle and fade.
    Best of luck, blah, blah, blah.

• Good luck to him, decent player but not sure he has the pace to be a PL winger. Will graft away for a struggling team under the right boss/circumstances though and obviously has great delivery. Could make a bit of a name for himself if he can ping a few long rangers for the cameras I guess.

Deal sounds reasonable enough to me and in line with upper ends of what I expected.... That being said, I expected him to go to the Championship !
  • He'll definitely be in the championship next year if he does go there.
  • edited July 2016
    Like Gomez he has gone for relative peanuts with the window barely off its hinges. Do these morons not understand how to build interest in a player? Even keeping him until 30/08/16 would only cost £200k at £25k pw. How much more could we get on deadline day?
  • Red_Henry had said on the rumours thread that Norwich would have paid more but JBG wants Burnley.

I hope he does well in the premiership, I think he has it in him and fair play to him for trying to give it a go.

• Red_Henry had said on the rumours thread that Norwich would have paid more but JBG wants Burnley.

I hope he does well in the premiership, I think he has it in him and fair play to him for trying to give it a go.

The poor misguided, deluded idiot.

Christ, a few weeks up in that hell-hole will have him pleading to Norwich to sign him.
  • Great bit of business considering we got him on a free.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redskin said:

Good luck to him. Will remember the goal he scored against Cardiff a couple of Christmas' ago for a long time.

But Burnley? FFS. Will be a culture shock to him when he moves up there that's for sure.

You may be right but with regard to Poyet in the context of the moment it happened it was a steal. I get Poyet's contract was structured by the spivs but we did little to mitigate their poor work. The fact that Diego has not pushed on could hardly be seen at the time he was sold.
  • The Jordan Cousins giveaway is going to be an especially bitter pill.
  • It's a good deal.
  • Good luck to him. Will remember the goal he scored against Cardiff a couple of Christmas' ago for a long time.

As fearful as Burnley is, the chance to play in the prem and earn tens of thousands of pounds a week will no doubt soften the culture shock for him.

Good player, but seemed uninterested, fed up and lacking fire in his belly for large parts of last season, which made him a bit less likeable. To be fair to him, this was probably due to having to work with three different managers.
  • Good luck to him. Will remember the goal he scored against Cardiff a couple of Christmas' ago for a long time.

It's in his way home to be fair - indeed a crow flying from The Valley to Iceland a watery grave in the North Atlantic would virtually go over Burnley.
    Unless, of course, it's a very rare aquatic crow, or can hitch a lift on a boat heading that way....

Good luck to JBG (there are nice places to live in easy commuting distance).
  • Awful signing for Burnley, hasn't got the stomach for a fight and that's what they're gunna be in next season. Will be good the season after when they're trying to get promotion again
  • edited July 2016
    Even though Burnmey might not appeal to all of us he will, no doubt, live is a massive house on an estate that is nowhere near the riff-raff and he will drive to and from work in a £150k Range Rover (or similar) with blacked out windows and never go anywhere near any fans or the estates that they live on.

Then as soon as a better opportunity comes along he'll be off again to another town he had never heard of that he will never, by choice, visit again after he's left.

This is the life of the modern day footballer. We can't blame them, the TV money ensures that the agents can convince the players to go anywhere.

Good luck to him. He has moved on free transfers twice and allowed his contract with us to get to one year so he was able to dictate terms last summer. He used us as a stepping stone, which wouldn't be so galling if he hadn't been one of the the highest paid players to ever be relegated to the third division in a Charlton shirt.
  • Playing under three managers with Riga being the best will not have helped. More difficult will have been the quality he had In the rest of the team.

JBG I've only really seen playing on the right, maybe drifting across, sometimes popping up in the left.

He can play some amazing crosses when he is up like he did in the first Iceland game and if he had anyone making a run, that would be god.'
    In his first season for us he also scored from outside the box and from free kicks and he had that nailed, he lost that scoring touch this season but that doesn't mean he's lost the ability to do it.

we will see whether he scores much in the premiership.
  • seth plum said:

It is a poor fee considering the money in the prem. However seeing Roland/Katrien's very poor track record over the likes of Yann, Morrison, Gomez outgoing, and countless numbers of incomings this low fee is what is to be expected. We are a bit of an agents dream.
    The extra tragedy is the money funds losses entirely created by this regime and we don't benefit.

Totally agree. I dread to think how much we'd get for the others - he was our most valuable asset.
  • I don't see the fee as that bad. JBG is too slow to go any higher than championship. For me the real issue is how much of it will be seen in team rebuilding. If it's correct that his wages were 25k a week then I think Ajose, Holmes and Novak are only 15k between them with combined fees of 900k ?
    Three more signings like those three could make our season very competative. If Lookman, Texeira and Cousins all go for reasonable fees then RD has his losses covered. Good wages off the books in the case of Tex and Cousins and Henderson must be on reasonable money. IMHO there is no excuse for RD not sanctioning at least four good quality signings.
  • Sponsored links:

• We made mistakes but we learnt from them!

Yeah rite!
  • Was JBG a winger?

• Would have thought his agent got a release clause when he resigned. For him to sign a long contract would have thought he'd have held all the cards.

• Anyway, his fee will pay the club's bills for extra police, bouncers stewards and fencing in the despised supporters customers.

• seth plum said:

Redskin said:

You may be right but with regard to Poyet in the context of the moment it happened it was a steal. I get Poyet's contract was structured by the spivs but we did little to mitigate their poor work. The fact that Diego has not pushed on could hardly be seen at the time he was sold.
    The context of the moment and the structure of his contract meant little as far as I was concerned with regard to his ability to hack it in the Premiership. I always thought he was overrated and so it ultimately proved.
    Sadly, I think the same is true of Gudmundsson.
  • Good luck, JBG. Wants to move up north cos it's closer to Iceland and the weather's similar
  • Good player - should arguably have been better for us more consistently.

Nice guy when I met him.

Wank fee, under the circumstances. Another mistake from Meire.
  • Davo55 said:

Good player - should arguably have been better for us more consistently.

Nice guy when I met him.

Wank fee, under the circumstances. Another mistake from Meire.

This