Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Are modern acronyms passing you by?

BAE?
IIRC?
TLDR?
A2M?

I don't know what any of the above mean? There are literally hundreds of these I don't get.

The only one I get is Charlton Life Independent Travel. Though I am yet to actually find the CLIT since Derby away a few years back.

Comments

• TLAs are easy

Didn't know A2M but if Dave Mehmet know it is it most likely obscene.

TLDR is any of Seriously Red's post

IIRC I use

BAE is sweet

• ICYDK: An acronym is an abbreviation that makes up a pronounceable word – for example CARD, NASDAQ, WHO.

ITK, ICYMI, GTFO etc, are initialisms like BBC, CAFC and FBI.

HTH.
  • Is number 4 arse to mouth?

Seen that one!
  • IANAL always amuses me. Particularly as it's always followed by but.
  • TLAs are easy

Didn't know A2M but if Dave Mehmet know it is it most likely obscene.

TLDR is any of Seriously Red's post

IIRC I use

BAE is sweet

TLA actually caught me out the other day in a meeting as we went through a long long list of "TLA's" - I'd genuinely never heard it before and it drew a wry smile. FML
  • Just a grown up form of I know something you don't know ner, ner, ner, ner ner
  • The only one of that lot I got was British Aerospace.
  • Sponsored links:

• 2) If I recall correctly.
  • BAE before anyone else
  • C_A_F_C said:

The opening post was TLDR but IIRC my BAE loves A2M.

QED
  • Haven't you heard? People are tired of acronyms telling us about how we should run our country...
  • BAE before anyone else

IIRC I heard "anything" not anyone. Just FYI.
  • edited July 2016
    It's worrying the only one I knew was A2M.

And that was around 10 years ago that I found that category... Which is very unclean for your partner...

No kisses afterwards ta.
  • Yes, had to google BAE as 'before anyone else' because had naively understood it to be British Aerospace Engineering.

Which used to also be before anyone else. Thanks Margaret.
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't think this thread is for me. TTFN!
  • SNAFU adequately describes the SMT
  • You're all getting bae wrong. It's basically the word "babe". Or, it sometimes (but infrequently) can stand for Before Anyone Else - but the acronym is now basically archaic (lol).

It also means shit in Danish.

"A2M" is not a thing, unless you mean "ATM" which is "at the moment" (or indeed "automated teller machine"). Or, unless you mean alpha-2-Macroglobulin, which is a large plasma protein as found in blood.

TL;DR means too long didn't read.
  • Serena Williams was called a Goat by a commentator ?

Great orbs and tits ?

Greatest of all time.

• edited July 2016
    Andrew Castle slipped a modern take on an old classic almost without anyone noticing during a women's quarter final at Wimbledon. The player won the match and he said '"she has made it through to the semis, see you next Thursday".
  • Was the A2M the bit leading to the Blackwall Tunnel?
  • PaddyP17 said:

You're all getting bae wrong. It's basically the word "babe". Or, it sometimes (but infrequently) can stand for Before Anyone Else - but the acronym is now basically archaic (lol).

"A2M" is not a thing, unless you mean "ATM" which is "at the moment" (or indeed "automated teller machine"). Or, unless you mean alpha-2-Macroglobulin, which is a large plasma protein as found in blood.

"A2M" - http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=533031. Seems to be a thing. Not my kind of thing, but a think none the less.
  • Was the A2M the bit leading to the Blackwall Tunnel?

A101(M) I believe.
  • PaddyP17 said:

You're all getting bae wrong. It's basically the word "babe". Or, it sometimes (but infrequently) can stand for Before Anyone Else - but the acronym is now basically archaic (lol).

"A2M" - http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=533031. Seems to be a thing. Not my kind of thing, but a think none the less.
    Disappointing source, expected visual evidence.