Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is technology largely passing you by?

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Is it the one with 14 chips? (cos they dropped it off the lorry).
  • Options

Computers in the 50s and now

Guess which one AFKA has

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Don't actually have a computer at home, ours finally packed in about a year ago and not been able to justify a new one yet.

Not classing Ipad as a computer though. One bit of tech I have embraced :-) miss typing on a proper keyboard though
  • Options
    When calculators were first introduced in the early seventies, for some reason me and my mate both really wanted one. We pestered our parents for weeks. Both of us were lucky enough to get one for Christmas. This is the one I got:

What an absolute beast it was. Four functions: add, subtract, multiply divide. It weighted half a ton and. The display unit would blink whilst it was thinking and could drain the four batteries in two minutes flat. The novelty soon wore off though. As soon as I'd learned to write 43110 to spell out 'hello' and the far superior 5hi7 for 'shit', that was it. I didn't want to know anymore. What a waste of a christmas present.
  • Options
    Does anyone have a Samsung AddWash Washing Machine?
  • Options

Does anyone have a Samsung AddWash Washing Machine?

No. Mrs cafcfan knows better than to leave random bits of washing in the laundry basket (and Karel Fraeye wouldn't fit in the supplementary door anyway). But seriously that's just a silly, pointless gimmick isn't it?
  • Options
    The amount of times I've been doing a dark wash and have found a couple of missing items lying around is bloody annoying
  • Options

All this high tech stuff comes at a price though.
    I went to buy a garden trimmer yesterday and they wanted £250 quid for one.
    I asked the guy what's the score with the high price and he told me it was because it was 'cutting hedge technology'

lol! lol! lol!... Very good!!
  • Options

It's not so much that technology is passing me by, more like we're going in opposite directions ....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig said:

When calculators were first introduced in the early seventies, for some reason me and my mate both really wanted one. We pestered our parents for weeks. Both of us were lucky enough to get one for Christmas. This is the one I got:

What an absolute beast it was. Four functions: add, subtract, multiply divide. It weighted half a ton and. The display unit would blink whilst it was thinking and could drain the four batteries in two minutes flat. The novelty soon wore off though. As soon as I'd learned to write 43110 to spell out 'hello' and the far superior 5hi7 for 'shit', that was it. I didn't want to know anymore. What a waste of a christmas present.

You missed out on - 80085 and
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Stig said:

You know when you want to ask a question, but you wonder if your stomach can handle the answer? ;)
  • Options
    Just bought a Fitbit. Age 54
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

Stig said:

You know when you want to ask a question, but you wonder if your stomach can handle the answer? ;)
    doh.............got it, it took a while. Feckin been a while too. :(