Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Konsa-Ready for the step up?

Only saw this young man on a few occassions last season; however, he looked like a lad that could make the step up sooner than later.
I know he is only eighteen; however, Rufus and Gomez did ok and in a higher division as well.
For all you lads and lasses who watch all of the academy games, are there anymore youngsters who could make a push forward next season.

Comments

• Options
    You never know. I don't think anyone was expecting RCC to be such a central figure to the squad in the early season last year.
  • Options
    One more year in the under 21s needed imo. However, I consider he is the real deal.
  • Options

One more year in the under 21s needed imo. However, I consider he is the real deal.

I agree. He is a superb prospect

• Options
    bolloxbolder calls it right. Physically more developed than Archie Edwards.
    Will be a really good player if managed right over the next 18 months or so. If he is exploited in a desperate needs must way it will be a huge risk. He might step up, but I would test him thoroughly in training against Ajose and Novak who are the style of player he would meet in this division to see if he is ready.
    Ideally he needs nurturing, and perhaps a loan out late next season.
    Don't tell Roland about him or he will probably be wrung dry and sold.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

That sounds really positive guys. Maybe I should have put it on the Members only thread!
  • Options
    If he does play it shouldn't be in a back four alongside Fox and Lennon.
  • Options
    I think Lennon should excel this season. Lapslie is still young but he may well feature. I'm hoping that Kennedy has a strong season. I thought that last season, it was too much, too soon but from what I saw last season when watching the U21s, those three can make the step up. There are others but mentally I don't know if they're ready.
  • Options
    As long as he's not required to take any dizzy penalties

• Options
    pettgra said:

Swisdom said:

That sounds really positive guys. Maybe I should have put it on the Members only thread!
    He's not quite the physicality of Gomez but when I've seen him he's outstanding in the air, very good on the ball too. Reads the game very well too.

Not too dissimilar to the Reverend Rufus dare I say it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rufus had a lot of speed and was very good at reacting, and pretty agile too. Konsa has not had to demonstrate these qualities yet because he dominates at his level, and his general anticipation, reading of the game and authoritative play makes the power side of his game not necessary....yet.
    He would benefit in a broadening of experience which can happen in a well managed way, if we don't go all pear shaped again and make desperate demands on him.
    He really does show a lovely calm authority at times, but needs to be tested a bit more.
  • Options
    I know we have a lot of double barrelled surnames but Konsa-Ready is a new one to me. :)
  • Options
    Didnt recognise many of the other players (Although thought I saw Holmes-Dennis there)...

Was that the U18s / U21s he was with or was he actually training with the First Team?
  • Options

Didnt recognise many of the other players (Although thought I saw Holmes-Dennis there)...

Was that the U18s / U21s he was with or was he actually training with the First Team?

Umerah and KAG were there. Not sure about the chap on the left.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Terrell Thomas was well thought of at Woking, only two levels below and Konza is different gravy. I'd go the Gomez route and play him at RB when Solly needs a rest and CB in cups.