Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Kit Delay (official one)

Comments

• A teaser has been released... cannae bring myself to go to the O.S to get the image.
  • Dazzler21 said:

A teaser has been released... cannae bring myself to go to the O.S to get the image.

Is she the tease then?

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-women-avilla-bergin-transfer-3167581.aspx
  • colthe3rd said:

T.C.E said:

colthe3rd said:

LuckyReds said:

Then they should just sell without sponsors and offer a free printing service when they get a sponsor.

Thy can't even be bothered to put themselves out for the customers who would buy one.

I dare say that some would find more incentive to buy the kit too, as sometimes the sponsors can ruin a decent kit.
    Yeah, just look at the protest shirt.
    While I agree that sponsorship can ruin the look of a good shirt design, I think in this case it's more about the statement the shirt makes. To me it's says, we offered to work with you to help this club grow, instead we were told you would do it your way and you lied and treated us with contempt. We are capable of taking away shirt sales, sponsors as well as other income. If only you'd listened Katrien ;)
    It was a joke mate, no need to get so serious about it.
    Me serious, ;)
  • Dazzler21 said:

A teaser has been released... cannae bring myself to go to the O.S to get the image.

Is she the tease then?

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-women-avilla-bergin-transfer-3167581.aspx
    Well she is quite a pretty lass... I hear she's a very good footballer too.
  • And supporters will get a first glimpse of the new strip later this week. So watch this space! #KitLaunch2016 #cafc
  • No ref would allow you to play with sunglasses in your hair.
  • cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

It may be because KM didn't order the kit in time.

A club usually orders kit by the end of October, but last season we didn't do this until mid / end of November.

Saying that, the search for new sponsorship would also have an effect on the release date too. I now wonder if they have managed to get new sponsorship especially as we have been quite critical of potential new sponsors. Knowing our luck though, they have got new sponsorship and it will be from either a pay day loan company, or worse still, a betting shop.

It seems a but daft that you have to choose your kit so early, when we're only picking a design from the Nike pub team catalogue.
    Not daft at all. Just have a look at how many teams use template kits and how much of it each team uses. Now, if all of those teams ordered there kit at the end of the season then it would become a nightmare to manufacture, deliver and even register your kit with the league.
    The volumes only come with sales of replica kit, and in a world of fast fashion where designs on the catwalks can be turned into cheap copies in Primark within weeks, surely you shouldn't take 8 months to turnaround mass produced football kits
  • cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

It may be because KM didn't order the kit in time.

A club usually orders kit by the end of October, but last season we didn't do this until mid / end of November.

Saying that, the search for new sponsorship would also have an effect on the release date too. I now wonder if they have managed to get new sponsorship especially as we have been quite critical of potential new sponsors. Knowing our luck though, they have got new sponsorship and it will be from either a pay day loan company, or worse still, a betting shop.

It seems a but daft that you have to choose your kit so early, when we're only picking a design from the Nike pub team catalogue.
    Not daft at all. Just have a look at how many teams use template kits and how much of it each team uses. Now, if all of those teams ordered there kit at the end of the season then it would become a nightmare to manufacture, deliver and even register your kit with the league.
    The volumes only come with sales of replica kit, and in a world of fast fashion where designs on the catwalks can be turned into cheap copies in Primark within weeks, surely you shouldn't take 8 months to turnaround mass produced football kits
    Not at all. Who kits out the U21's and the academy sides? Don't forget it's training kit as well as match day kit.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Is she the tease then?

Why is the bloke smiling and where has he got his hand? These are the questions that need answering!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2016

Dazzler21 said:

Is she the tease then?

Has there been a debate yet over whether it's okay to buy a season ticket for the women's team? :blush:
  • cafcfan said:

Dazzler21 said:

Is she the tease then?

Why is the bloke smiling and where has he got his hand? These are the questions that need answering!
    He's thinking about the Celebrity Partner thread (NO @Ricky_Otto it isnt me in that picture!!)
  • cafcfan said:

Dazzler21 said:

Is she the tease then?

He's thinking about the Celebrity Partner thread (NO @Ricky_Otto it isnt me in that picture!!)
    I knew it wasn't you....because it's me.
  • edited July 2016
    Am I missing something or is a red material with a Charlton and Nike logo on it a tease?
  • colin1961 said:

You buy a shirt to support the team on the pitch .... I suspect everyone brought a shirt when Gliksten was in charge or when Sunley took us to selhurst .....

The biggest betrayal an owner can do to supporters just handing out a peice of paper telling them we are moving .
    Yet people still supported them ??

That's before I mention Hulyer !!
    Yet people still brought shirts .....

Where did they bring them?
  • colin1961 said:

You buy a shirt to support the team on the pitch .... I suspect everyone brought a shirt when Gliksten was in charge or when Sunley took us to selhurst .....

The biggest betrayal an owner can do to supporters just handing out a peice of paper telling them we are moving .

Hardly anyone wore replica shirts until the late 1980s
  • But of you have kids who want a footie shirt it's a case of get them a cafc one or someone will get them another club one and Roland or not I'd rather they had charlton thanks.
  • But of you have kids who want a footie shirt it's a case of get them a cafc one or someone will get them another club one and Roland or not I'd rather they had charlton thanks.

Get them an England European Cup one. Sports direct will probably be selling them for a fiver soon.
  • Am I missing something or is a red material with a Charlton and Nike logo on it a tease?

Yeah because this year its actually Black, Yellow and Red as the home kit
  • Sponsored links:

• colin1961 said:

I see what you are ineptly trying to say but..

Well, here's a link to the scenes at Charlton's "last" game at the Valley in 1985.
    There are about 3 people wearing what might be replica shirts :wink:
    Wasn't really the done thing in those days.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3qQ_OmuSwY
    Ah... 22 years old. Young, dumb and full of... an irrational hate of Palarse!
  • Doubt it's real but have to say Melexis looks decent on the shirt.
  • Addickted said:

I hope not, or I'll have to change my cable company, and that would be a real pain in the arse.
  • Nug said:

Addickted said:

Doubt it's that, I mocked that up about 3 years ago!
    Working with the enemy eh?

Your CARD is marked Nug.
  • sam3110 said:

Nug said:

Saw this on twitter earlier??

The new AeroSwift shirts are for the Nike sponsored teams only.

Our kit is from JustSport/Avec and therefore only get teamwear kits from the catalogue.

Expect this template to be used extensively next season, but I for one hate the ridiculous contrast sleeve shit they have done this year. Look at the new Man City kit, the new Barcelona kit, the French, English, Portuguese and Dutch national kits, they are all atrocious in my eyes. Hope we change kit supplier before we get that kit.

It'll be the Striker template in red/white, with a white lettered sponsor on the front, either a company already in partnership with Charlton, or a random company no-one has ever heard of.
    The primary color and the new badge are absolutely ace, but then it looks like the colored in the rest with with a pen that didn't quite match the rest.

I do think the contrast works on some kits, I think the England red one is quite nice, but on some kits it looks absolutely awful.
  • colin1961 said:

I did think that you could buy replica shirts during the Gliksten era.

colin1961 said:

colin1961 said: