Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

When do they start getting shipped out?

edited July 2016 in General Charlton
Henderson
Pope
Bauer
Texteira
Kashi
Cousins
Gudmundsson
Lookman
Watt

Squad looks very solid at mo, and all players listed above I think we'd be delighted to stay the season with us and build a side around.

Don't think any of us have any expectations that they will all be here though.

So who goes, and when?

Comments

• Options
    Be soon I reckon. Been no word that they are going to try and hold on to them which surely they would have said by now to boost s/t sales.
  • Options
    Henderson
    Pope
    Bauer
    Teixeira
    Kashi
    Cousins
    Gudmundsson
    Lookman
    Watt

Teixeira and Gudmundsson in the next couple of weeks, Henderson once Pope commits to us, and Cousins quite late on in August
  • Options
    They will leave a couple of big ones as late as possible in the hope that season ticket sales will improve.
  • Options
    I must say I am a little surprised that there hasn't been any of them sold yet, especially as pre season is about to begin.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    sam3110 said:

Henderson
    Pope
    Bauer
    Teixeira
    Kashi
    Cousins
    Gudmundsson
    Lookman
    Watt

Teixeira and Gudmundsson in the next couple of weeks, Henderson once Pope commits to us, and Cousins quite late on in August

I would settle for that. Even if Lookman leaves and comes back on loan as he is nowhere near Prem ready
  • Options

Henderson
    Pope
    Bauer
    Texteira
    Kashi
    Cousins
    Gudmundsson
    Lookman
    Watt

Squad looks very solid at mo, and all players listed above I think we'd be delighted to stay the season with us and build a side around.

Don't think any of us have any expectations that they will all be here though.

So who goes, and when?

Henderson, Texeiria, Cousins, Gudmundsson, Lookman and Watt.

Pope will stay as Henderson seemingly has no future so we need to keep him.

Bauer and Kashi we cannot sell due to their injuries from last season so I imagine people will be reluctant to take a punt on them.
  • Options
    25 first teamers, 26 if we count Muldoon.

We are bound to lose some of the above and there will be some other Slade will want to move on like Cebellos and Ba perhaps.

Meanwhile not hearing many names likely to come in.

Suspect there will be a few either/or in the above list so either Pope or Henderson stay, either Kashi or Cousins stay.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

all of them, by the end of August.

Must admit I thought this was another protest shirt question.

The Boss had his delivered weeks ago. ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Henderson - depends on Pope and whether anyone will want him being injury prone
    Pope - my guess is that he will stay as he will be guaranteed to start the season
    Bauer - stay as none will risk him after injury
    Texteira - go too good and expensive for L1
    Kashi - go too good and expensive for L1, but past injury may mean we keep him
    Cousins - too good for L1 and from what has been said wants to go
    Gudmundsson - go too good and expensive for L1
    Lookman - he'll go best we can hope for is a loan back for the season
    Watt - hope Slade can persuade him to play and stay
  • Options

Henderson - depends on Pope and whether anyone will want him being injury prone
    Pope - my guess is that he will stay as he will be guaranteed to start the season
    Bauer - stay as none will risk him after injury
    Texteira - go too good and expensive for L1
    Kashi - go too good and expensive for L1, but past injury may mean we keep him
    Cousins - too good for L1 and from what has been aid ants to go
    Gudmundsson - go too good and expensive for L1
    Lookman - he'll go best we can hope for is a loan back for the season
    Watt - hope Slade can persuade him to play and stay

Agree with all that.

I cannot see the club saying to the players "stay till January", and then reassess if we're not in a position for a stab at promotion.
  • Options
    Full house by the end of the august transfer window, with the possibility of adding Fox, Harriott and Diarra to that list as well.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Full house by the end of the august transfer window, with the possibility of adding Fox, Harriott and Diarra to that list as well.

You'd not bet against it.

This could be the first shafting Slade gets. On interview squirrel face makes all the right noises to get him to sign, then "sorry Mr Slade we need to sell".
  • Options
    I'm not sure Cousins will go
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Most will be sold when it's too late to replace them. Then they will say they did their upmost best to keep them and didn't expect to lose them zzzz

Certainly wouldn't bet against that being the case
  • Options
    Thought this was a question for Farage and Johnson !

I would imagine we'll see more activity on the sell side once the Euro's finish and the bigger clubs start to become active, then the club's beneath that tier will follow suit as their players start to get picked off and need replacing etc.
  • Options
    I'll be pretty cheerful if we keep Bauer and Kashi. I'm holding out zero hope for Johann, Henderson has been all but forced out and there's no way teams around us are going to leave a promising English midfielder going for cheap like Cousins. I find myself fairly ambivalent about Teixeira, Watt and Lookman, Tex hasn't been here long enough for me to get attached, Watt is the kind of the player who will spend his whole career waiting to blossom, and I don't know why but I'm just not that bothered about Lookman. Maybe because he started playing mid-Karel which is when we went full abandon ship.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:

I thought this was gonna be another Brexit thread

I though it was a season ticket thread!
  • Options
    cabbles said:

With players like Cousins, I think it could depend on things like who will be captaining the team
  • Options

cabbles said:

With players like Cousins, I think it could depend on things like who will be captaining the team
    He's loyal. For me I think it's because he's def not good enough for the prem, and it's gonna then come down to what championship club fancies paying the 'premium' English players cost. We might find that due to those 2 factors, he'll still be here past the deadline
  • Options
    cabbles said:

cabbles said:

He's loyal. For me I think it's because he's def not good enough for the prem, and it's gonna then come down to what championship club fancies paying the 'premium' English players cost. We might find that due to those 2 factors, he'll still be here past the deadline
    I'd be very, very surprised. His athleticism alone is worth a punt given how much money there is at the top of the game. I'm thinking he'd cost ~5m. That's change that can be found in the couch of Prem clubs or clubs with parachute payments. From their perspective, why not take a punt on him putting it all together? Buy him for very cheap, loan him out to the Champo for a couple years in the hope that he'll mature and improve technically. We're now seeing this at every level--the top teams just stockpiling players.

I would absolutely love to be wrong, but I just can't see any way he's still with us when the window shuts. Feel free to remember this and set up a forfeit.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Henderson
    Pope
    Bauer
    Teixeira
    Kashi
    Cousins
    Gudmundsson
    Lookman
    Watt

This is about the closest to I have heard.

• Options
    I will be pleasantly surprised if Lookman stays.
  • Options
    Jordan Cousins is not worth £5 million, we would be lucky to get half of that.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

sam3110 said:

Henderson
    Pope
    Bauer
    Teixeira
    Kashi
    Cousins
    Gudmundsson
    Lookman
    Watt

This is about the closest to I have heard.

Are Teixeira and JBG likely to be permanent departures or is there a (outside) chance they could go on season long loans in the event we get promoted at the first attempt?
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Jordan Cousins is not worth £5 million, we would be lucky to get half of that.

1.5 even.