Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tour de France 2016

Today marks the start of Tour De France 2016 with riders currently less than 40km from the finish of the first Stage at Utah Beach in Normandy.

Chris Froome to do it again or it is finally Quintana's year?

Comments

• Glad to see it's in ITV4 live.

Contador took a nasty bounce on the road earlier.

Yeah but disappointed they've got rid of Leggett and Sherwen from the commentary team!!
  • Although just hope that Mark Cavendish gets the yellow jersey today...

Dont see it happening (Reckon Kittel will win) but wouldnt care what happens for the rest of the Tour if he does win

Yeah but disappointed they've got rid of Leggett and Sherwen from the commentary team!!
    Have only hear Ned Boulting so far, he's usually pretty good.

Yeah he's usually the side-kick of Boardman's during the Highlights show... He does know the Tour

I can only ever watch the TofF on Eurosport. Just doesn't seem right on any other channel.

I can only ever watch the TofF on Eurosport. Just doesn't seem right on any other channel.
    Eurosport won't be an option in a couple of years ;-)

I'm not a huge cycling racing fan but I love watching the TdF every year. Am not up to scratch with any of the runners and riders this year. Still looking forward to it.

• DRAddick said:

Glad to see it's in ITV4 live.

Why not? Have I missed something?
  • DRAddick said:

Glad to see it's in ITV4 live.

I'm not a huge cycling racing fan but I love watching the TdF every year. Am not up to scratch with any of the runners and riders this year. Still looking forward to it.

Very few Brits... Froome / Thomas / Rowe / Stannard (Team Sky) ... Cavendish / Cummings (Team Dimensions) ... Adam Yates (Orica) ... McLay (Fortuneo)

Charlton fan is Ned
  • Sponsored links:

• Said it before on here but no form of racing, horse, dog, car, athlete, boat, etc comes close to the last 5 km of a stage sprint finish on the TofF when all the sprint teams are involved.
  • Said it before on here but no form of racing, horse, dog, car, athlete, boat, etc comes close to the last 5 km of a stage sprint finish on the TofF when all the sprint teams are involved.

Yeah one of the best sights in the whole of Sport!!
  • Cav will win this.
  • edited July 2016

Cav will win this.

He's got Hagan and Renshaw with him so that's some lead-out for him.

Kittel is still the worry but he's replaced Cav at Quick-Step who was rubbish there so time his old team keep with tradition.

If Cav does win though he'll go one stage behind Hinault in the all-time list though
  • Wish Sky would get out of the way... They've nothing to do with Cav / Kittel / Griepel and will just get in the way!!
  • Yellow jumper for Cav.
  • CAVENDISH!!!!!!!!
  • What a day to finally beat Kittel!!
  • edited July 2016
    What a killer finish by the Manx missile

Great commentary by Eurosport as well
  • brilliant. cav is so good to watch
  • Sponsored links:

• Apologies to all... I've probably killed a lot of dogs and have broken a lot of windows... Have never known my voice to go so high pitched for that Sprint!!
  • Somebody knocked at the door with 3km to go! Thank god for the pause button.
  • I'm hoping Thomas can save a bit this year and get a podium finish.
  • cav's little girl was super cute holding her flowers aloft like a trophy

Yeah he's usually the side-kick of Boardman's during the Highlights show... He does know the Tour
    Yep, and Miller knows what he's talking about too.

Enjoyed that coverage, I'm glad, now I've kicked Sky into touch it was worth it.
  • rina said:

cav's little girl was super cute holding her flowers aloft like a trophy

Nice that she was allowed to go up there with him
  • Looks to me to be a bit of an open race this year, but I fancy
    Aru to get on the podium. He's got Vincenzo to help him along.
  • At last some good news!
  • Froome needs a two minute lead over Quintana going into the last week to be able to win it. Anything less and the Colombian will win it.
  • Why do you think that @Tutt-Tutt?

I don't know enough about the end of the race, I think it's got more challenging climbs in it than I can remember but if Thomas doesn't burn himself off early, Sky could have Thomas and froome together on the end and that could be bad for quintana.