Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fresh new start??..

Last few seasons have been awful,but hopefully we've hit that bottom and we are about to start a way back up to where we belong.I.'ll be supporting russell slashes red and white army starting at welling next week COYR..

Comments

• Options
    Let's see if the Belgians are still here in two years time and what position we are in as a club. Forgive me if the past couple of months don't convince me that they've turned over a new leaf.
  • Options
    Russell Slashes? Love that nickname.
  • Options
    What do you call a man that lives under a pile of leaves?

Honestly though, a manager/coach and players from the English leagues is a start, but given its taken nearly 3 years to find that start I'm struggling even as an eternal optimist.
  • Options
    Gutted I'm missing the lively annual Wings v Addicks affair, I will unfortunately be travelling to Paris for the Euro 2016 Final. Heartbreaker
  • Options
    In the darkest hour the eye begins to see-oliver stone
  • Options

Last few seasons have been awful,but hopefully we've hit that bottom and we are about to start a way back up to where we belong.I.'ll be supporting russell slashes red and white army starting at welling next week COYR..

Yawn.
  • Options

Let's hope Russell slashes all over Katrien.
    Waterloo again :wink:
  • Options
    First chance they get to pack the squad. With unknown overseas players - they will.

Slade and the recent player signings is just to stop the beach ball protests at every game.

As always - it is up to the players on the pitch to inspire the crowd - not the other way around.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not going to lie after slade coming in and the three signing I'm all of a sudden optimistic. Backing the team from 6th.
  • Options

Sounds like some dodgy sexual act!
  • Options

Stig said:

We are where we belong. We've got a deluded owner, an incompetent CEO and huge gaps in the the coaching set-up. The most we can hope for under this lot is a temporary blip before more heartbreak. Let's focus on getting the set-up at the club right rather than living on pipe-dreams. They have to go.
    The players leaving will be more telling than the appointments.

Funny how people suffer from memory loss after we make signings we should have done 30 months ago.
    I imagine there are already suitors for the likes of Cousins and JBG already making overtures but KM & Co. are holding off actually selling them until they get a certain level of season ticket sales (prompted by the signings) or the money is needed more than the PR.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

Stig said:

We are where we belong. We've got a deluded owner, an incompetent CEO and huge gaps in the the coaching set-up. The most we can hope for under this lot is a temporary blip before more heartbreak. Let's focus on getting the set-up at the club right rather than living on pipe-dreams. They have to go.

Funny how people suffer from memory loss after we make signings we should have done 30 months ago.
    I imagine there are already suitors for the likes of Cousins and JBG already making overtures but KM & Co. are holding off actually selling them until they get a certain level of season ticket sales (prompted by the signings) or the money is needed more than the PR.
    I wonder how many season tickets we have sold.
  • Options
    Really difficult position we are in (I know I'm speaking for myself!) before I get pelters!
    BUT the way I see it is we now have a English manager who knows the league/leagues, we have made three really decent looking signings......CAFC is our club, I can't lie that I am 'quite' looking forward to returning to the beautiful Valley once more to watch us play. Yes I have said that I will not return until RD sells BUT what if he don't? He could 'own' us for years, depriving me and my family from supporting the team we have followed for 50 odd years. I think we should all definitely give RS and his team our full support right from the off and see where it takes us?
    After all, there are more important things in life to get so upset with.
    COYR....
  • Options

Really difficult position we are in (I know I'm speaking for myself!) before I get pelters!
    BUT the way I see it is we now have a English manager who knows the league/leagues, we have made three really decent looking signings......CAFC is our club, I can't lie that I am 'quite' looking forward to returning to the beautiful Valley once more to watch us play. Yes I have said that I will not return until RD sells BUT what if he don't? He could 'own' us for years, depriving me and my family from supporting the team we have followed for 50 odd years. I think we should all definitely give RS and his team our full support right from the off and see where it takes us?
    COYR....

Just do the aways and not give the Belgians any dough.
  • Options
    Well said fanny spot on
  • Options

COYR....

Indeed, Charlie, CAFC is OUR club.....

...and I'll never stop supporting , both in body & spirit, those who wear the shirt.

But let's remember that old adage " one swallow doesn't make a summer " (careful!)

As other Lifers have warned, we have a way to go before the definitive squad for next season is finally assembled and we await the departures with bated breath, and a degree of inevitability.

I like what I've heard thus far about our new gaffer although, of course the proof of the pudding etc etc.....nothing to do with the current menu at SL.

For me, a lot will depend on how the players react to him both on & off the field. But, Jose Riga apart, RS must be a breath of fresh air compared with his predecessors under the current regime and IMHO, a collective sigh of relief would have been heard from all quarters when his appointment was announced.

To suggest "we" have to hit the ground running on August 6th is a no brainer & supporters will be quick to judge both players and management following the debacle of last season. There's only so much even the loyalist of fans will take at this level...but I live in hope, possibly more than expectation.

Fanny will require a degree of wooing this time....

But, what we should NOT forget or diminish , is the damage that this poisonous regime has wrought on our beloved football club. Success or failure on the pitch aside, the eroded infrastructure, the shambles behind the scenes and words/actions leading to the estrangement of thousands of loyal " customers" must not be overlooked. I, for one, will not relax or fail to show my anger whenever possible until RD has taken his ill gotten gains and his handmaiden(?) back to Belgium for good.

I sign a plethora of online petitions supporting abused & ill used animals who are unable to speak or fight for themselves in the hope that the perpetrators will ultimately be brought to justice and that the laws of the land might be changed.

However, although it is SO gratifying to hear of the successful rescuing of these innocent creatures, I know that they will never forget the cruelty they previously suffered.

So, regardless of how successful season 2016-17 turns out to be, we should NEVER forget the abuse that has been handed out SO heartlessly by RD & KM. Nothing should erase those memories & the damage inflicted by these people almost every time they open their mouths. The repercussions of their stewardship go far deeper than we can currently perceive. And I doubt that their ingrained modus operandi will have been relegated to the "Lessons Learned File" any time soon..

Only one thing to add really.

Support RS & his team, NOT the regime.
    ABSOLUTELY SPOT ON.................you are MUCH better with words than I!!.................................You're not running for PM are you Fanny????? :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

COYR....

Indeed, Charlie, CAFC is OUR club.....

...and I'll never stop supporting , both in body & spirit, those who wear the shirt.

But let's remember that old adage " one swallow doesn't make a summer " (careful!)

As other Lifers have warned, we have a way to go before the definitive squad for next season is finally assembled and we await the departures with bated breath, and a degree of inevitability.

I like what I've heard thus far about our new gaffer although, of course the proof of the pudding etc etc.....nothing to do with the current menu at SL.

For me, a lot will depend on how the players react to him both on & off the field. But, Jose Riga apart, RS must be a breath of fresh air compared with his predecessors under the current regime and IMHO, a collective sigh of relief would have been heard from all quarters when his appointment was announced.

To suggest "we" have to hit the ground running on August 6th is a no brainer & supporters will be quick to judge both players and management following the debacle of last season. There's only so much even the loyalist of fans will take at this level...but I live in hope, possibly more than expectation.

Fanny will require a degree of wooing this time....

But, what we should NOT forget or diminish , is the damage that this poisonous regime has wrought on our beloved football club. Success or failure on the pitch aside, the eroded infrastructure, the shambles behind the scenes and words/actions leading to the estrangement of thousands of loyal " customers" must not be overlooked. I, for one, will not relax or fail to show my anger whenever possible until RD has taken his ill gotten gains and his handmaiden(?) back to Belgium for good.

I sign a plethora of online petitions supporting abused & ill used animals who are unable to speak or fight for themselves in the hope that the perpetrators will ultimately be brought to justice and that the laws of the land might be changed.

However, although it is SO gratifying to hear of the successful rescuing of these innocent creatures, I know that they will never forget the cruelty they previously suffered.

So, regardless of how successful season 2016-17 turns out to be, we should NEVER forget the abuse that has been handed out SO heartlessly by RD & KM. Nothing should erase those memories & the damage inflicted by these people almost every time they open their mouths. The repercussions of their stewardship go far deeper than we can currently perceive. And I doubt that their ingrained modus operandi will have been relegated to the "Lessons Learned File" any time soon..

Only one thing to add really.

Support RS & his team, NOT the regime.
    100% agree
  • Options

Well said fanny spot on

Totally agree,

Roland bought the club as an experiment and Meire in her own words "doesn't care" and quite openly is prepared to accept the collateral damage caused by the regime and now manifest in the loss of long-term season ticket holders, the collapse of meaningful contact with the CAS Trust and the ongoing uncertain relationship with Valley Gold with the quote "it's their choice".
  • Options
    The Belgians are leaving France, shame they are not leaving London as well
  • Options

Well said fanny spot on

Totally agree,

Roland bought the club as an experiment and Meire in her own words "doesn't care" and quite openly is prepared to accept the collateral damage caused by the regime and now manifest in the loss of long-term season ticket holders, the collapse of meaningful contact with the CAS Trust and the ongoing uncertain relationship with Valley Gold with the quote "it's their choice".
    Squirrel face is fair game for any s*** that comes her way.
  • Options

Errrrrrr...

You do know the Belgians were on OUR side at Waterloo?
  • Options

Errrrrrr...

Belgium didn't exist until 1830; 15 years after Waterloo.
  • Options

Errrrrrr...

Or that most of Wellington's army were Belgian/Dutch/German?
  • Options

Stig said:

Do you lot ever stop moaning?