Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Slade interview in the SLP

Double page spread in Friday's paper

In process of producing a staff handbook for players which will have all the rules and fine.

Will contain my fav poem The man in the Glass by Peter Dakle Wimbrow jnr

"If you haven't got the right charectrers and the right team spirit then I don't think you have got anything"

Big on fines for things upto £10k last season for an overweight player who had two warnings. Was a maths teacher so "I can add up those fines". Money might go on equipment or a trip to the races. £50 for taking cup of tea in treatment area too.

Says "we are improving the changing the dinning area and changing rooms to make them more desirable (Does this mean Training groung rebuild has stopped and its now a refurb?)

He's formation is 442 that can morph in 4411 or 433

Can't talk about Cardiff.

Bigged up Charlton mentions Brighton, Cardiff, Sheff Utd "Charlton's tradition and history shows them to be a much more dominant club.

Sure it will be online next week

Comments

• Options
    Slade and Steve Avory were both P.E teachers... could we see a bromance?
  • Options

Am I the only one who felt a touch emotional reading this article.
    No season tickets in our house but feel we have to give this guy a chance at the start of the season. Just don't want to he for Miere and spoil it

Not the only one no.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I can't help but get the slight bit excited about this season.

I fucking hate you KM and RD.

Don't worry, it's been nearly a week since KM said something exceptionally stupid. She'll pop up to restore normality soon enough.
  • Options
    I sense people are weakening re attending home games!

STAND FIRM!!!!
  • Options
    Propaganda
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Am I the only one who felt a touch emotional reading this article.
    No season tickets in our house but feel we have to give this guy a chance at the start of the season. Just don't want to he for Miere and spoil it

In any other circumstance it would serve as a seductive call to arms that would fill me with excitement and anticipation for the new season.
    To an extent it does and I think Russell is an inspired appointment.
    So top matrks for for the refurb and renovation of the House of Charlton.
    But the foundations are still rotten.
  • Options
    anyone else think the fining thing sounds a bit pedantic? A bit....maths teacher? Treating adults like children.
    I like Slade though so let's see if it works.
  • Options
    I'm impressed more and more with the SLPs coverage of Charlton (& the other clubs) and with every bit of Slade related news I'm impressed with him more and more. Of course the real test will be on the pitch and with results but I've been a charlton fan far too long to walk away and not turn up so I will be there and I will get behind Slade and the team. As for the 'I'm not going until he sells' brigade, like it or not nobody is ever going to believe you are not there because you are protesting, everybody is going to think you're not going because we have been relegated and if we do actually start doing well and you do ever creep back for a match or two or more before RD & kM leave then you will lose all credibility. Far better to bite the bullet, buy a season ticket and both get behind a manager and team that looks like it intends to have a go and at the same time voice your anti-RD/KM protests where they will be seen and heard, in the ground on a match day. You know you want to, you wouldn't still be looking at this site and posting if you didn't care.
  • Options
    Never planned boycotting and hearing this kind of stuff has made me glad about that. Can't help but like Slade and some of the things he plans to bring to the club. Making new signings and current players learn about the history of the club is something I've always thought should be compulsory and something I don't think even the legend Chris Powell done enough of. Despite the lack of trophies and seasons in the top league, this club has an amazing and almost fairytale like history and the players should be made aware of that as a minimum.
  • Options

I'm impressed more and more with the SLPs coverage of Charlton (& the other clubs) and with every bit of Slade related news I'm impressed with him more and more. Of course the real test will be on the pitch and with results but I've been a charlton fan far too long to walk away and not turn up so I will be there and I will get behind Slade and the team. As for the 'I'm not going until he sells' brigade, like it or not nobody is ever going to believe you are not there because you are protesting, everybody is going to think you're not going because we have been relegated and if we do actually start doing well and you do ever creep back for a match or two or more before RD & kM leave then you will lose all credibility. Far better to bite the bullet, buy a season ticket and both get behind a manager and team that looks like it intends to have a go and at the same time voice your anti-RD/KM protests where they will be seen and heard, in the ground on a match day. You know you want to, you wouldn't still be looking at this site and posting if you didn't care.

Agree with first half of your post, but buying a season ticket is supporting the regime IMO. My season ticket is promised to the Supporters Trust, they have hundreds of them to be used as a bargaining tool as an when they see fit.

I have been a supporter since 1962, and will continue going to the valley buying individual tickets.
  • Options

Agree with first half of your post, but buying a season ticket is supporting the regime IMO. My season ticket is promised to the Supporters Trust, they have hundreds of them to be used as a bargaining tool as an when they see fit.

I have been a supporter since 1962, and will continue going to the valley buying individual tickets.
    Why not buy a season ticket?

IF you are looking to go to most games and a season ticket works out cheaper, buy one.

I think the general opinion is not wanting to give money to the Belgians so the less the better.
  • Options

Why not buy a season ticket?

IF you are looking to go to most games and a season ticket works out cheaper, buy one.

I think the general opinion is not wanting to give money to the Belgians so the less the better.
    Even better, buy a £175 season ticket for the covered end. A packed end with protest shirts, banners and protest events going on being shown in the TV goals highlights each week will surely have a much bigger impact