Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Sun Are Scum Mk 152919521959219521

The witch hunt on a player whose crimes so far appear to be putting in a transfer request (yet no headline for Rooney, Lallana, Stones...) and doing some nos balloons is utterly ridiculous, oh and being part of a 23 man squad which played badly. Based on the Euro 2016 England threads it seems to have worked as everyone hates him and even picked on him during the Iceland game despite Kane and Rooney barely looking like Conference footballers.

I really don't get it and why the media are trying to take down probably the most exciting youth player we've had in a while for hitting some bad form following an injury.

Comments

• The Sun talking bollocks shocker...
  • Nothing else in the news is there? I'm sure most Sun readers won't react to it
  • And that is a house he bought for his mum, not his.
  • Someone really ought to show him how to knot a tie properly.
  • posting a snapchat of "my team winning" in front of a row of cars that majority of england supporters would have to save for years to buy, is a bit insensitive after a really really bad perfomance at the euros from every single england player. he obviously didnt do it publicly but its got out unfortunately.
  • Thanks for posting, well, kind of. Had a lot more faith in humanity before that. But thanks for posting the pictures so I didn't have to click a link to the sun.

I am just slightly too young to have watched the formation of the "Golden Generation" from the time they were teenagers, but with a lot of this group I've watched them playing for England youth sides, making debuts, etc. Having watched Sterling since he was about 16, at no point does he come across as a bad kid. He is such a gifted footballer, something which, it's worth noting, it not just bestowed on you by the heavens but which you have to work at incredibly hard.

He's 22 now (I believe, I wonder if The Sun don't include that lest someone reads it and thinks "FFS he's only 22). I cannot imagine how I would have reacted had I been 22 and splashed across the tabloids as the nation's great idiot. The talismanic culture of England, which makes it so that the likes of Rooney, Beckham, Gerrard, etc continue their international careers long after they should have quit, also demands blood, unfortunately. I wish Raheem all the best, and genuinely hope he is a better player as a result of this summer.
  • 50p? How long has it been 50p? The last time I bought a copy it was 20p!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2016
    SDAddick said:

WSS said:

And that is a house he bought for his mum, not his.

Yeah just saw this on F365.

CHILD IN BUYING MOTHER NICE HOUSE AS 'THANK YOU' FOR RAISING HIM AS A SINGLE PARENT HORROR!!!!

Bloody immigrants and their terrible values.
    Agreed, but a crystal encrusted bathroom sink? It's not the fact he's rich enough to buy one that offends me, it's the sink itself.
  • What amazes me that after all the vile nasty rhetoric they spout and the history of lying ( Hillsborough & Phone tapping etc..) that millions still buy it. Why?

For George & Lynne?
  • SDAddick said:

WSS said:

CHILD IN BUYING MOTHER NICE HOUSE AS 'THANK YOU' FOR RAISING HIM AS A SINGLE PARENT HORROR!!!!

Agreed, but a crystal encrusted bathroom sink? It's not the fact he's rich enough to buy one that offends me, it's the sink itself.
    You may think it's naff, I may think it's naff, but taste is individual.

It could be his mother's taste, not his.

Frankly, why should any of us care, as long as he does his best when he's on the pitch?
  • The current bun upholds the traditions of the gutter press, ' never let the facts get in the way of a good story '.
    Edit.- By good story I mean one that sells the most/makes the most money for Murdoch.
  • People still buy this shit rag?
  • It's worse because they even go as far as to mention it's not actually his own house - in a one off sentence right at the end of the article that most Sun hahahahahaha ''readers'' (sorry can't say that with a straight face) will never actually notice. So they've made sure they themselves can't get any legal repercussions at the exact same time as winding up a bunch of impressionable knuckle-dragging idiots and letting them loose on a 22 year old.

The Sun is so bad it made me sympathise with bloody Liverpool fans. I mean, come on.
  • SDAddick said:

WSS said:

You may think it's naff, I may think it's naff, but taste is individual.

It could be his mother's taste, not his.

Frankly, why should any of us care, as long as he does his best when he's on the pitch?
    We shouldn't and I most definitely don't. My comment about his/his mother's taste was very much tongue in cheek.

• Just to show how shit this paper is, they gave Rooney an 8 in their DreamTeam Ratings against Iceland.

Almost worse than tapping a dead girls phone, deleting her voicemails therefore giving the police and her family hope she was still alive that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just to show how shit this paper is, they gave Rooney an 8 in their DreamTeam Ratings against Iceland.

Is that true? For real?
  • I don't believe the date in that paper.

Is that true? For real?
    Yes and they gave Kane a 7
    And Rashford a 5. Poor fucker played for 7 minutes and did more than the rest of them combined.
    The only rating they got right was the 5 for Hart.
  • I agree.

Milton Keynes is scum.
  • The Sun 50p now? Jesus.
  • They have also used him as the image for this article which he is not involved in at all.

• ^going to write unbelievable but realised it isn't, it's the sun.