Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lucky Old Roland

With Michy Batshuayi set to sign for Chelsea for £33m good old Roland is set to trouser a further £10m on top of the £4.5m he received from Marseille in 2014 due to a whopping 35% sell on clause. Any chance that now he has pocketed this bonus he can afford selling us for a bigger loss? Bought Standard back at the right time.

Comments

• Thought he sold Standard and bought back St Truiden
  • edited June 2016
    Just imagine what he'd have got had he sold Batshuayi to Charlton for £4.5m!!

Reckon the fee could be double what Chelsea have paid, we wouldnt be in League One either
  • Who says his plan doesn't work!
  • Why would he receive anything? He doesn't own Standard and I highly doubt the sell on percentage would be owed to a former owner as opposed to the club itself.
  • edited June 2016
  • Ok, ok, my bad, got my Belgium clubs mixed up. Wonder how at 70 Roland manages to keep up with it all. However, was it his Club when the original deal was struck? If so who negotiated that? Something Katie could learn from.
  • I thought he sold standard to a friend and business partner, so i wouldn't be surprised if he still got a cut of the deal
  • Ok, ok, my bad, got my Belgium clubs mixed up. Wonder how at 70 Roland manages to keep up with it all. However, was it his Club when the original deal was struck? If so who negotiated that? Something Katie could learn from.

Two Belgian scouts, two laptops, one spreadsheet, YouTube access, one copy of FM 2011 and one copy of FIFA 2013. They send him email updates every couple of days.
  • Apparently some people in Belgian press claim that when Roland sold SL he personally kept the sell on fee deal regarding Batshuayi. Not sure if/how that breaks any rules regarding 3rd party ownership.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/06/30/report-suggests-controversial-charlton-athletic-owner-will-make/?utm_medium=share+button&utm_campaign=social+media&utm_content=/en-gb/2016/06/30/report-suggests-controversial-charlton-athletic-owner-will-make/&utm_source=Twitter
  • Surely third party ownership is to do with holding a player's registration. This is just about a future fee payable on a transfer. Only guessing mind I'm no Physicist.
  • Sponsored links:

• Haha I said on here when Gomez was sold that it wouldn't surprise me if the sell on fee was made out to him and not the club.
  • colthe3rd said:

Surely third party ownership is to do with holding a player's registration. This is just about a future fee payable on a transfer. Only guessing mind I'm no Physicist.

Yeah, that's what I thought but never heard of an owner keeping a sell on percentage before.
    Not right but if the person buying the club accepts to conditions I don't suppose it's anyone's business.
  • SL will benefit from the deal, not RD. It's all over Belgian media.
  • edited July 2016
    Standardluik site says SL will get the sell-on cash from the Batshuayi deal, possibly 14 million euros, but hand a part of it over to RD to pay off the debt Venanzi took on when he bought Standard - originally 10 million euros, probably less now. Apparently, RD let Venanzi have the debt in the first place because he knew SL were due a big payday on Batshuayi eventually.

Makes sense to me. The author of this news snippet was CL's defke.
  • No, RD sold SL at a lower price (with a promise to pay back the remaing amount over years to come ), because he wanted out and Venanzi didn't have the cash for the normal price. It's got nothing to do with Batshuayi. Now SL is making a profit they can pay off a bit/all of that debt.
  • edited July 2016
    Thanks. I think the point is that people who think the money is going to SL and the people who think it is going to RD are both right, in a sense.