Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Confirmed: Nicky Ajose Signs 3 Year Deal

Comments

• Getting increasingly concerned about the deafening "silence" around Ajose's injury. Described as a knock but not involved in either game in Austria and no mention of how he is in either post-match interview.

Have a horrible feeling we are going to find out he has something it going to keep him out for a while.
  • He's having surgery

To remove his shorts out of his arsecrack
  • Getting increasingly concerned about the deafening "silence" around Ajose's injury. Described as a knock but not involved in either game in Austria and no mention of how he is in either post-match interview.

Have a horrible feeling we are going to find out he has something it going to keep him out for a while.

And you'd rather we played him in a pre-season game, and perhaps compound the injury?

Spade is just being sensible. I expect him to turn out against Orient...
  • Spade? Slade! Damn spell checker!

And you'd rather we played him in a pre-season game, and perhaps compound the injury?

Spade is just being sensible. I expect him to turn out against Orient...
    Eh? Where did I suggest he should have played? I questioned the lack of comment on his situation.

Assume Spade has been hired to dig Meire and Roly out of the hole they have dug for themselves.
  • Started and scored for Bury today.

Very late consolation.
  • The tappiest of tap-ins, like all his goals. Yeah I know you have to have the right movement or whatever but it's his only attribute. And he's no Inzaghi
  • I see he is back and in contention, feels like he's been on loan for 18 months, yet has 18 months left, or is my Maths up the spout?
  • Very surprised he wasn't farmed out on loan again
  • Sponsored links:

• razil said:

I see he is back and in contention, feels like he's been on loan for 18 months, yet has 18 months left, or is my Maths up the spout?

Yes, still under contract for next season. As is Igor!
  • Very surprised he wasn't farmed out on loan again

KR has been impressed by his attitude in the last 2 weeks apparenty

• Dazzler21 said:

All the best to him. I really hope Ajose van find some form and effort. the net

DItto
  • I wonder how KAG feels reading that. We’ve kept the one with the alleged attitude problem who went elsewhere and the one who hasn’t scored for God’s knows how long. The one who got goals and showed promise is shipped out.
  • He will be gone at the end of the Season.
  • Sponsored links:

• With the pace, skill, movement and directness that Fosu, Stephy, Marshall, and hopefully Zyro and Kaikai will afford us I feel like having a poacher/someone who will play off a defenders shoulder and run the channels like Ajose is not a bad thing.

If he is putting his head down, and working hard in training, I cannot see why he shouldn't at least be an option off the bench against tiring defenders.

Agreed, Ajose offers more of a Plan B/Plan C option than KAG
  • Not sure about Robbo use of the term 'body' doesn't seem very flattering, not sure he means it quite like it might sound
  • I'd rather Ajose was at Crawley rather than KAG if I'm honest.

I don't disagree with you...

But, the fact of the matter is, someone wanted KAG, no-one seems to want Ajose.

More of a compliment to Karlan, than a criticism, in my view...
  • edited February 2018
    Amos Phillips
    Solly Dijksteel Sarr Bauer Lennon Konsa Pearce Dasilva Page
    Forster-Caskey Kashi Jackson Aribo Reeves
    Marshall Fosu Kaikai Mavididi
    Magennis Zyro Ajose Hackett-Fairchild

Looks like a decent enough squad to me, with people like Umerah, Lapslie, Hanlan etc. In case of a huge injury crisis
  • With the pace, skill, movement and directness that Fosu, Stephy, Marshall, and hopefully Zyro and Kaikai will afford us I feel like having a poacher/someone who will play off a defenders shoulder and run the channels like Ajose is not a bad thing.

If he is putting his head down, and working hard in training, I cannot see why he shouldn't at least be an option off the bench against tiring defenders.

Thing is if you are playing Fosu, Stephy, Marshall, Zyro and Kaikai as well as Ajose then you've got not Kashi, JFC or Aribo.

Robinson might be talking up Ajose now and saying how's he changed but that wasn't what he was saying a few weeks ago.

I think Ajose will be lucky to get a place on the bench let alone in the starting XI
  • Never saw much from Ajose, except in that damned YouTube video.

However, if he can be turned into a useful player (with helped from football guru Robbo), I'd be more than happy.
    Anything is possible, although I get the feeling that Karl is trying to make the best of a bad situation.
  • sam3110 said:

Amos Phillips
    Solly Dijksteel Sarr Bauer Lennon Konsa Pearce Dasilva Page
    Forster-Caskey Kashi Jackson Aribo Reeves
    Marshall Fosu Kaikai Mavididi
    Magennis Zyro Ajose Hackett-Fairchild

Looks like a decent enough squad to me, with people like Umerah, Lapslie, Hanlan etc. In case of a huge injury crisis

By the standards of this tin-pot league, that is one hell of a squad. Not qualifying for the play-offs with it is unthinkable
  • Should be on the bench on Saturday at least. If we're level or losing and need to chase the game, who do we have better to play alongside Josh in a front two?
  • edited February 2018

With the pace, skill, movement and directness that Fosu, Stephy, Marshall, and hopefully Zyro and Kaikai will afford us I feel like having a poacher/someone who will play off a defenders shoulder and run the channels like Ajose is not a bad thing.

Thing is if you are playing Fosu, Stephy, Marshall, Zyro and Kaikai as well as Ajose then you've got not Kashi, JFC or Aribo.

Robinson might be talking up Ajose now and saying how's he changed but that wasn't what he was saying a few weeks ago.

I think Ajose will be lucky to get a place on the bench let alone in the starting XI
    How could he say anything about Ajose's attitude in training a few weeks ago when the guy only returned from his loan 2 weeks back? Clearly Ajose has returned and is training hard, hence the praise from KR.

Personally i think he could be a useful bench option if we need to change something or (praise the lord) KR decides to go 2 up front late in a game.
  • Should be on the bench on Saturday at least. If we're level or losing and need to chase the game, who do we have better to play alongside Josh in a front two?

Injured. Probably available for Doncaster.