Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Confirmed: Nicky Ajose Signs 3 Year Deal

Comments

• Options

It's taken a relegation and 30 months for the clowns in charge to get the basics right.

Am still waiting on who leaves by the end of August, that will be more telling.

And the size of the squad come August. That's been one of their biggest and most repeated errors. We have always had a few players come in that looked decent. Just not enough of them.
    These c**** have to go regardless.

They have destroyed Charlton Athletic.
    That's exactly what I'm trying to say. Don't be persuaded by a couple of decent looking signings. We always get that.
  • Options
    I'm sure the negatives are just around the corner. I'm waiting and seeing!
  • Options
    edited June 2016

I am going to have to find a way of coding a button so that it says 'I like what Slade has done there'.

This will be at least the fourth time I've had to type it out :).

"I like what (we are being told) Slade has done there."
  • Options

It's taken a relegation and 30 months for the clowns in charge to get the basics right.

Am still waiting on who leaves by the end of August, that will be more telling.

And the size of the squad come August. That's been one of their biggest and most repeated errors. We have always had a few players come in that looked decent. Just not enough of them.
    These c**** have to go regardless.

They have destroyed Charlton Athletic.
    Taking inspiration from the way our national anthem is sung by the English and Norn Iron fans, this is my new take on VFR:

Valley, Floyd Road
    (no surrender)
    The mist rolling in from the Thames,
    No surrender is always to be found at Valley, Floyd Road

Many miles have I travelled
    (no surrender)
    Many games have I seen
    (no surrender)
    you get the idea
  • Options
    Waiting for a few season tickets to be sold before they flog the rest of the squad probably.
  • Options
    By August people are getting desperate for football. You can sell a starving man stale bread.
  • Options
    Very impressive signing.

Lightening quick, good movement and a great finisher.

Predict he'll be in the top two or three top scorers in League One this season.
  • Options

Very impressive signing.

Lightening quick, good movement and a great finisher.

Predict he'll be in the top two or three top scorers in League One this season.

Unless he gets injured in pre season or trips over a beach ball during the next set of protests.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seems like a man with a plan. Looks likely to me that another successful season for him without us gaining promotion means we could have trouble keeping him. No point in worrying about that just yet though.
  • Options

Seems like a man with a plan. Looks likely to me that another successful season for him without us gaining promotion means we could have trouble keeping him. No point in worrying about that just yet though.

Swindon did finish 16th last season though and were closer to relegation than the Play-Offs

I dont see that happening with us so provided we mount a challenge I see us keeping him if we're in League One even after next season.
  • Options

Depends really. It looks like both his last transfers - us and Swindon - were situations where he moved to the team that felt right rather than anything to do with the money or the playing level. Even if we miss out on promotion if we have a decent season and it seems like Slade is building something then he may be one of the easiest ones to keep hold of. It remains to be seen.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Reading between the lines, it seems Ajose is saying that he was feeling at rock bottom at Leeds, confidence in shreds and needed to rebuild himself.

Despite other offers, he signed for Swindon because he had been on loan there before and found the manager had been very supportive of him.
    Thanks to that terrific season, he's on fire and ambitious.

And he's bought into Russell Slade that Charlton are striving for promotion and is the perfect opportunity to further his career.

• Options
    Sound familiar? JBG may recognise the 'we are an ambitious team looking to strengthen quality to go up a division rhetoric.

We don't know where we are until the transfer window closes and we know what our squad is for next year. Right now I'm slightly optimistic.

Three good looking early signings, hopefully a CB over the next week, a core of the team to work with anyway.

All good. Let's see what hoes out the other way (and hope it includes johnson, but does not include kashi or Bauer).
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Scoham said:
    Reading between the lines, it seems Ajose is saying that he was feeling at rock bottom at Leeds, confidence in shreds and needed to rebuild himself.

Despite other offers, he signed for Swindon because he had been on loan there before and found the manager had been very supportive of him.

And he's bought into Russell Slade that Charlton are striving for promotion and is the perfect opportunity to further his career.

The voice of cider Reason
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Scoham said:

The voice of cider Reason
    Not cider, Shooters ...... just Proper Job.

• Options

Sound familiar? JBG may recognise the 'we are an ambitious team looking to strengthen quality to go up a division rhetoric.

We don't know where we are until the transfer window closes and we know what our squad is for next year. Right now I'm slightly optimistic.

Three good looking early signings, hopefully a CB over the next week, a core of the team to work with anyway.

All good. Let's see what hoes out the other way (and hope it includes johnson, but does not include kashi or Bauer).

The difference is that promotion from the Championship is hard, seriously hard with loads of good and well financed teams in the division. Promotion from L1 is easier IF you get the basics right, hence a team like Burton getting promoted.
  • Options
    Fair enough.

Let's hope we get the basics right then eh?
  • Options
    Luke varney i think
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think some people here are getting a bit carried away. One hot day doesn't make a summer.
  • Options

Think some people here are getting a bit carried away. One hot day doesn't make a summer.

What about 3 days that definitely = a summer.

We have signed 3 very good looking players (in a footballing sense of course.)

We have yet to sell anyone, despite it being reported Tex, Cousins and JBG are likely to go.
  • Options
    After 4 games last season some of you thought we were bang on for at least the play offs. Just dont get carried away. We paid 2 million for vetokele look how he turned out.
  • Options

After 4 games last season some of you thought we were bang on for at least the play offs. Just dont get carried away. We paid 2 million for vetokele look how he turned out.

Well unless Ajose gets injured I'm confident he can and will score goals in league one. Might not be 24 but he will score goals. He did it in a mediocre Swindon team last season and will score 15 at least for Charlton next.

• Options
    Injuries....that's the only concern with our new players. Think they're good enough
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Injuries....that's the only concern with our new players. Think they're good enough

Hopefully, as the new players played regularly last season, and not just a few games, they will be fitter than some of the players we brought in last season
  • Options
    Sage said:

Not claiming Ajose is will score as many as Rhodes did in League One, not at all, but Novak created the perfect foil for Rhodes so there is potential for Ajose and Novak to form a good partnership. Especially with a full pre season behind them.

Why would someone lol my comment when I've basically stated there's a good chance of them forming a good partnership, meaning scoring goals, especially with a full pre season behind them?
  • Options
    Sage said:

Sage said:

Not claiming Ajose is will score as many as Rhodes did in League One, not at all, but Novak created the perfect foil for Rhodes so there is potential for Ajose and Novak to form a good partnership. Especially with a full pre season behind them.

Why would someone lol my comment when I've basically stated there's a good chance of them forming a good partnership, meaning scoring goals, especially with a full pre season behind them?
    Worth a lol now