Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wimbledon 2016

Comments

• Options
    Federer going to do it...
  • Options
    Federer wins in five, a classic contest
  • Options
    Incredibly that would have been the first time that neither Federer, Nadal or Djokovic would have made the semi-finals since 2002.
  • Options

Incredibly that would have been the first time that neither Federer, Nadal or Djokovic would have made the semi-finals since 2002.

Shows what Murray has been up against his whole career!!
  • Options
    Murray gets the first set after an epic tie break, 1 hour and 17 minutes!
  • Options
    Murray Tsonga has gone to a fifth set. Murray was two sets up.
  • Options
    Murray's run away with it now, 5-0 up in the final set
  • Options
    Made hard work of it as usual, but got the job done in the end. Well done Andy.
  • Options
    Semi finals are:

Raonic (6) vs. Federer (3)

Berdych (10) vs. Murray (2)
  • Options
    Squeaky bum time for me. Looking forward to seeing Federer and Murray for the first time on Friday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Squeaky bum time for me. Looking forward to seeing Federer and Murray for the first time on Friday.

Should be a cracking day, Federer vs Raonic will be epic
  • Options
    He may not be the most exciting person to interview but really like Andy's attitude these days.

Was shocked when he was asked by the BBC yesterday why he struggled to see out the match when he'd won the first two sets and felt the tone that Murray replied with (Erm; because he's a really good player) was totally deserved
  • Options

He may not be the most exciting person to interview but really like Andy's attitude these days.

Was shocked when he was asked by the BBC yesterday why he struggled to see out the match when he'd won the first two sets and felt the tone that Murray replied with (Erm; because he's a really good player) was totally deserved

Agreed, the first set was incredibly tight and a reflection on how tough the game would be. Tsonga is one of those guys who never wins the majors, but can easily knock out a top player

• Options
    Got a feeling Raonic will beat Federer, hope I'm wrong though.
  • Options

good for him. he doesn't take shit from the media any more. I enjoyed it when he had a go at them for baiting kyrgios earlier in the week
  • Options

Got a feeling Raonic will beat Federer, hope I'm wrong though.

It should be a great match. I can't see either player winning without exhausting themselves which can only play into Murray's hands (if he makes it through obviously).
  • Options

Agreed, the first set was incredibly tight and a reflection on how tough the game would be. Tsonga is one of those guys who never wins the majors, but can easily knock out a top player

Tsonga is fearless with a powerful serve and goes for his shots come what (Teresa) may.

When he gets it right with his power, particularly on the forehand, he can blast anybody and I mean anybody off the court. Fortunately for Murray and the rest he can rarely sustain his 'hot' streaks throughout a complete match hence why he is 'only' top 10 /15 rather than top 5 in the rankings.
  • Options
    that was maybe the most one-sided semi-final in wimbledon history
  • Options
    She deserved a battering just for that noise after every shot.
  • Options
    I can't work out how she beat Cibulkova 6-2 6-2 after the latter's incredible game against Radwanska - can only assume she was exhausted
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:

I can't work out how she beat Cibulkova 6-2 6-2 after the latter's incredible game against Radwanska - can only assume she was exhausted

Her wedding is on Saturday, tactical defeat :wink:
  • Options
    Talal said:

She deserved a battering just for that noise after every shot.

Massively annoying!
  • Options
    The contrast between the epic tennis yesterday in the men's QFs, especially on centre court, and the limp matches in the women's QFs and so far in the SF is massive
  • Options
    Hoping and expecting Kerber to outlast Venus.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Basically yes - Cibulkova started very slowly.
  • Options

Hoping and expecting Kerber to outlast Venus.

Same, really don't want an all Williams final.
  • Options
    How's this for hysterical outrage: you're wrong
  • Options
    Well I make Father Xmas 100% right.
  • Options
    Well, that resolved everything