Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wimbledon 2016

Comments

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Isner is the man who played that epic before wasn't he?

Yeah beat Mahut 70-68 in the final set...
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Route to the final likely to be:

Millman -> Kyrgios/Lopez -> Gasquest/Tsonga -> Berdych/Baustita Agut/Del Potro -> Djokovic/Federer

Kyrgios(15) -> Gasquet(7)/Tsonga(12) -> Berdych(10)/Tomic(19) -> Federer(3)/Nishikori(5)/Raonic(6)/Cilic(9)/Goffin(11)

These are the top 20 players Murray can face in each round en route to the final.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Isner is the man who played that epic before wasn't he?

Yeah beat Mahut 70-68 in the final set...
    Match lasted over 11 hours
  • Options
    Danny Willett is sat on centre court in his green jacket. I think I'd wear it every day for a year if I won it too
  • Options
    Kyrgios is going wibble.
  • Options
    It's often said that to make it as a pro sportsperson, you have to have talent but also hard work and a good mentality.

Well Kyrgios has the on court mentality of a tantrum throwing 2 year old - he must have some talent to have over come that and still get into the top 20 world rankings.
  • Options

It's often said that to make it as a pro sportsperson, you have to have talent but also hard work and a good mentality.

Well Kyrgios has the on court mentality of a tantrum throwing 2 year old - he must have some talent to have over come that and still get into the top 20 world rankings.

Against lesser players he can get away with these massive in game slumps, he shanked a set against Dustin Brown but came back to win in the 5th
  • Options
    rina said:

Danny Willett is sat on centre court in his green jacket. I think I'd wear it every day for a year if I won it too

Dunno what golf comp winner gets a brown bomber jacket but the winner of it smells like he must have worn it every day for a year and he's sitting near me on the train.

• Options
    Kyrgios is just total crackers, has some genius game but throughly wibble
  • Options
    Murray is looking Djok-like in his no-bullshit focus.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

rina said:

Dunno what golf comp winner gets a brown bomber jacket but the winner of it smells like he must have worn it every day for a year and he's sitting near me on the train.

the difference is Masters winners can afford a bottle of Febreze
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Kyrgios is such a waste of talent. It's depressing to see someone throwing it away like he is.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    One game still going on between Berdych and Vesely on Court 3 - at one set each.

QF line-up:

• Options

Kyrgios is such a waste of talent. It's depressing to see someone throw it away like he is.

I agree. He needs to get himself a proper coach. Someone who will tell him some home truths about his attitude, on-court BS and also someone to look at his posture.
  • Options
    Murray's side of the tournament looking good. Federer probably the favourite for the top half, but no easy games there.
  • Options

Murray's side of the tournament looking good. Federer probably the favourite for the top half, but no easy games there.

Plenty of big serves though.
  • Options

Kyrgios is such a waste of talent. It's depressing to see someone throw it away like he is.

I agree. He needs to get himself a proper coach. Someone who will tell him some home truths about his attitude, on-court BS and also someone to look at his posture.
    It's up to him. Hopefully he'll realise now where he's going wrong, rather than when he's 35 and wasted his career
  • Options

It's up to him. Hopefully he'll realise now where he's going wrong, rather than when he's 35 and wasted his career
    Hope so. So far he genuinely p****es me off. Would be nice to see him settle down.
  • Options

Or he could save himself a bob or two by simply growing up.
  • Options
    I would be thoroughly pissed off if I had court 1 tickets today. While court 2 had two mens matches (one of which is still going on) court one had two women's matches and a mens match which became a walkover after six games. Bad planning by the LTA.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Berdych v. Vesely is suspended due to bad light at 2 sets each.
  • Options

I would be thoroughly pissed off if I had court 1 tickets today. While court 2 had two mens matches (one of which is still going on) court one had two women's matches and a mens match which became a walkover after six games. Bad planning by the LTA.

They weren't to know Gasquet would pull out injured?
  • Options

Berdych v. Vesely is suspended due to bad light at 2 sets each.

When play has finished on the other courts hours ago, that must be really annoying for them
  • Options
    Jamie Murray and Soares were at 13-13 in the 5th set when play was suspended!
  • Options
    Federer now 2 sets down against Cilic who is playing really well
  • Options
    Federer a break up and on brink of winning third - Cilic looking very nervy.
  • Options
    Federer pulls one set back.
  • Options
    Raonic two sets to one up on Querrey, two good matches going on
  • Options
    Federer takes the 4th after a brilliant tie break, Raonic beats Querrey
  • Options
    incredible tie-break, 2-2