Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wimbledon 2016

Comments

• Options
    The GF just got 2 tickets for tomrow and wants to give them to her folks, how strict are they on Id checks ? Will payment card be enough for collecting the tickets ?
  • Options
    shine166 said:

The GF just got 2 tickets for tomrow and wants to give them to her folks, how strict are they on Id checks ? Will payment card be enough for collecting the tickets ?

Well done. The f***g site crashed on me.
  • Options

shine166 said:

Cheers.. Didn't try until 5 past, got real lucky !
  • Options
    shine166 said:

shine166 said:

I'm trying to be pleased for you. ;-)
  • Options

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Haha nah they are gifts as long as she can persuade her mum they won't get turned away
  • Options
    shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Haha nah they are gifts as long as she can persuade her mum they won't get turned away
    This is really not sour grapes, but they do say on the website you will need your card and photo ID....

"Each original purchaser must provide the actual credit/debit card used for the purchase along with valid photographic ID (passport or driving licence) and the confirmation email in order to receive the tickets.
    The name on your credit/debit card must match the name against which your purchase was made, otherwise you will be refused entry to the event.

The cardholder must be present at the time of entry into the event and must be attending the event.

The entire party must enter the venue at the same time". I genuinely hope you can find a way round this.
  • Options

Why isn't the roof closed already on Centre court?

From the BBC website. You really do have to wonder at their logic...

The All England Club often insist as a point of principle that Wimbledon is an outdoor tournament and so the roof should not be used as a precaution.

All very well. But things are getting a little silly.

The roof is coming across because the weather is making mugs off all of us on Centre Court.

There will be a short delay before the resumption of play as the air conditioning is turned on and the rest of it.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

I was there on Thursday with an e-ticket, and I needed to show photo ID to get in
  • Options

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

This is really not sour grapes, but they do say on the website you will need your card and photo ID....

"Each original purchaser must provide the actual credit/debit card used for the purchase along with valid photographic ID (passport or driving licence) and the confirmation email in order to receive the tickets.
    The name on your credit/debit card must match the name against which your purchase was made, otherwise you will be refused entry to the event.

The cardholder must be present at the time of entry into the event and must be attending the event.

The entire party must enter the venue at the same time". I genuinely hope you can find a way round this.

Cheers, was hoping they were being slightly less strict on the gate.. The photo ID thing is said a lot but not always used.
  • Options
    Querrey has beaten Djokovic
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Get in there Sam Querrey!
  • Options
    Murray's to lose now.
  • Options
    philcafc said:

Murray's to lose now.

Dont forget the Federer performance against Murray last year...
  • Options
    Well done Sam. We all know what happens next, right?...
  • Options
    Typical Djokovic, going out early to save his energy for the GB Serbia Davis Cup match!
  • Options

Yeah Murray joins him in going out.
  • Options

philcafc said:

Murray's to lose now.

Dont forget the Federer performance against Murray last year...
    A Federer Murray final would be a great match, but a lot of players will now be thinking they have a chance of the final now
  • Options
    Tsonga and Gasquet are still alive in the draw arent they... Then you've got Del Potro
  • Options
    Roanic is looking handy
  • Options
    Can it be a Fed/Murray final? Haven't checked the draws.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yes, they're on opposite sides

Murray could play Del Potro in the semi, with Wavrinka out
  • Options

Yes only way they can meet.
  • Options

Typical Djokovic, going out early to save his energy for the GB Serbia Davis Cup match!

Just said he's not playing in it
  • Options
    WSS said:

Just said he's not playing in it
    IF Murray plays, we'll be hot favourites then. I'm a bit surprised that Djok won't play it, it's at home and he has the week off now, saving himself for the Olympics I guess
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Yeah Murray joins him in going out.
    Well that was what I was hinting at but he was in the middle of that long, eventual, break of serve at 5-5 in the 2nd.

He got the job done with ease in the end though.

If this was Tim Hemnan he'd have been 2 sets and three match points up when Novak's match finished and would have gone on to lose in 5 sets, but to be fair to Murray he is made of much sterner stuff.

Massive opportunity for him now, but he won't be the only one thinking that and Novak's absence may out another 10% into a few of the remaining players, so it might make the run to final a bit tougher than usual.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Unbelievable!! I was on there as the clock struck 3, was put in a queue for 20 minutes to then be told there were no tickets left!

Absolute scandal, something akin to the majority winning the Brexit vote and then the minority not accepting it! A bloody scandal I tell you!

Going to get a gaggle of folk together tomorrow to march through the streets of Little Snoring in protest because I detest not getting my own way!! May even consider dressing up as a 70s McEnroe to really get my point across - that'll learn em!!
  • Options
    Was great being inside Court one yesterday to see the great Djok taken down. Something funny going on with him, wonder if he has temporarily lost some drive having secured the French last month to complete his elite set. Such a buzz around the old place after the death of the king.

Either way Murray looks strong. Based on the two sets seen last night I cannot see Lopez or Kyrgios troubling him tomorrow. Also think Isner would give him a harder quarter match then Gasquet or Tsonga.
  • Options
    Tsonga and Isner are 12-12 in the fifth, so think the winner will be too knackered to do much in the next round!!
  • Options
    That rally to set up Isner's match point was absurd. Obviously didn't take it though...
  • Options
    Isner is the man who played that epic before wasn't he?